PDA

View Full Version : Solved SQL error containing reference to VBET has started again...

brubros
05-10-11, 21:25
This is a problem I reported earlier but we had hoped after restoring the backup that the error would cease. But only a few moments ago I received this (I have reset the admin password back to what I gave you previously. If you need me to send it to you again, just let me know. Thanks!) :

Invalid SQL:
SELECT cache.originaltext as originaltext, cache.translated as translated FROM vbenterprisetranslator_cache_ help, vbenterprisetranslator_cache_ cache WHERE help.originaltext='%5BCENTER%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.actuparchives.org%2F2011-10-05_080732.jpg%5B%2FIMG%5D%5B%2FCENTER%5D%0D%0AThe+two+teenage+boys+sitting+on+the+sofa+opposite+are+different+in+almost+every+way.+On+the+left+is+James%3A+he%27s+black%2C+he%27s+gay%2C+he%27s+gregarious%2C+and+he%27s+academic.+He%27s+taking+three+A-levels+next+summer%2C+and+wants+to+go+to+university.+Daniel%2C+sitting+beside+him%2C+is+white.+He%27s+straight%2C+he%27s+shy%2C+and+he+didn%27t+enjoy+school+at+all.+He+left+after+taking+GCSEs%2C+and+hopes+that+his+next+move+will+be+an+apprenticeship+in+engineering.%0D%0A%0D%0ASo%2C+given+that+they+are+diametrically+opposed%2C+there+is+one+truly+surprising+thing+about+James+and+Daniel.+They+are+twins.+They+were+born+on+27+March+1993%2C+the+sons+of+Alyson+and+Errol+Kelly%2C+who+live+in+south-east+London.+And+from+the+start%2C+it+was+obvious+to+everyone+that+they+were+the+complete+flipside+of+identical.+%26quot%3BThey+were+chalk+and+cheese%2C+right+from+the+word+go%2C%26quot%3B+says+Alyson.+%26quot%3BIt+was+hard+to+believe+they+were+even+brothers%2C+let+alone+twins.%26quot%3B%0D%0A%0D%0AThe+boys%27+colour+was+the+most+obvious%2C+and+extraordinary%2C+difference.+%26quot%3BWhen+James+was+born+he+was+the+spitting+image+of+Errol%2C+and+I+remember+seeing+his+curly+hair+and+thinking+%C2%96+he%27s+just+like+his+dad.+It+was+another+two+hours+before+Daniel+was+born%3A+and+what+a+surprise+he+was%21+He+was+so+white+and+wrinkly%2C+with+this+curly+blond+hair.%26quot%3B%0D%0A%0D%0AIt+wasn%27t+the+first+time+nature+had+shocked+Alyson+and+Errol.+Daniel+and+James+were+the+family%27s+third+set+of+twins%3A+Errol+and+Alyson+each+already+had+a+set+with+a+previous+partner.+Errol%27s+first+set+are+fraternal+boys%2C+Shane+and+Luke%2C+who+are+21%3B+Alyson%27s+are+identical+boys%2C+Charles+and+Jordan%2C+20.+The+only+singleton+in+the+house+is+the+couple%27s+youngest+child%2C+and+only+daughter%2C+14-year-old+Katie.+%26quot%3BApart+from+her%2C+it%27s+twin+city%2C%26quot%3B+says+Alyson.+%26quot%3BAt+least+life+was+made+a+bit+easier+by+the+fact+that+we+always+had+two+of+everything.%26quot%3B%0D%0A%0D%0ABut+it+was+clear+that+having+one+black+and+one+white+twin+was+going+to+mark+the+family+out%2C+wherever+they+went.+%26quot%3BWe%27d+go+on+holiday+and+people+would+say%2C+%27Is+that+one+a+friend+you+brought+along%3F%27%26quot%3B+says+Alyson.+For+Errol+the+response+of+strangers+was+harder+to+deal+with.+%26quot%3BPeople+didn%27t+believe+Daniel+was+mine%2C%26quot%3B+he+says.+%26quot%3BThey+didn%27t+always+say+anything%2C+but+I+could+tell+it+was+what+they+were+thinking.%26quot%3B%0D%0A%0D%0ASo+how+does+it+happen+that+a+white+and+a+black+partner+%C2%96+who+would+usually+produce%2C+as+Alyson+and+Errol+did+in+their+other+children%2C+black-skinned+offspring+%C2%96+have+a+child+who+is+as+white+as+his+mum%3F+I+spoke+to+Dr+Jim+Wilson%2C+population+geneticist+at+Edinburgh+University+%C2%96+and+his+first+question+was%2C+%26quot%3BWhat+is+Errol%27s+heritage%3F%26quot%3B+Errol+is+Jamaican+%C2%96+and+that%2C+says+Jim%2C+is+the+basic+explanation.%0D%0A%0D%0A%26quot%3BIt+wouldn%27t+really+be+possible+for+a+black+African+father+and+a+white+mother+to+have+a+white+child%2C+because+the+African+would+carry+only+black+skin+gene+variants+in+his+DNA%2C+so+wouldn%27t+have+any+European+DNA%2C+with+white+skin+variants%2C+to+pass+on%2C%26quot%3B+he+explains.%0D%0A%0D%0A%26quot%3BBut+most+Caribbean+people%2C+though+black-skinned%2C+have+European+DNA+because+in+the+days+of+slavery%2C+many+plantation+owners+raped+female+slaves%2C+and+so+introduced+European+DNA+into+the+black+gene+pool.%0D%0A%0D%0A%26quot%3BThe+thing+about+skin+colour+is+that+even+a+bit+of+African+DNA+tends+to+make+a+person%27s+skin+colour+black+%C2%96+so+to+be+white%2C+the+child+must+have+inherited+more+of+the+father%27s+European+DNA+with+its+white+skin+variants.+Added+to+the+mother%27s+European+DNA%2C+this+led+to+a+child+with+white+skin+%C2%96+while+his+brother%2C+who+is+black-skinned%2C+inherited+more+of+his+father%27s+African+DNA.%0D%0A%0D%0A%26quot%3BThe+Caribbean+father+will+have+less+European+DNA+than+African+DNA%2C+so+it%27s+more+likely+he%27ll+pass+on+African+DNA+%C2%96+but+rarely%2C+and+I%27ve+worked+it+out+to+be+around+one+in+500+sets+of+twins+where+there%27s+a+couple+of+this+genetic+mix%2C+the+father+will+pass+on+a+lot+of+European+DNA+to+one+child+and+mostly+African+DNA+to+the+other.+The+result+will+be+one+white+child+and+one+black.%26quot%3B%0D%0A%0D%0AAlyson+got+used+to+the+comments+and+the+stares%2C+the+sniggers+about+their+parentage+and+the+%26quot%3Bstupid+things+people+said%26quot%3B+when+her+boys+were+babies%3B+but+then%2C+when+Daniel+and+James+went+to+nursery+aged+three%2C+the+twins%27+skin+colour+plunged+the+family+into+controversy.+%26quot%3BThey+were+at+this+very+politically+correct+nursery%2C+and+the+staff+told+us+that+when+Daniel+drew+a+picture+of+himself%2C+he+had+to+make+himself+look+black+%C2%96+because+he+was+mixed-race%2C%26quot%3B+says+Alyson.+%26quot%3BAnd+I+said%2C+that%27s+ridiculous.+Why+does+Daniel+have+to+draw+himself+as+black%2C+when+a+white+face+looks+back+at+him+in+the+mirror%3F%26quot%3B%0D%0A%0D%0AAfter+a+row+with+the+nursery+staff%2C+she+gave+interviews+to+her+local+paper+and+TV.+%26quot%3BI+kicked+up+a+fuss%2C+because+it+really+bothered+me%2C%26quot%3B+she+says.+%26quot%3BDaniel+had+one+white+parent+and+one+black%2C+so+why+couldn%27t+he+call+himself+white%3F+Why+does+a+child+who+is+half-white+and+half-black+have+to+be+black%3F+Especially+when+his+skin+colour+is+quite+clearly+white%21+In+some+ways+it+made+me+feel+irrelevant+%C2%96+as+though+my+colour+didn%27t+matter.+There+seemed+to+be+no+right+for+him+to+be+like+me.%26quot%3B%0D%0A%0D%0ADaniel+and+James+are+listening+politely%2C+but+with+slight+resignation%2C+while+their+mum+relays+the+story+%C2%96+it+is+clear+that%2C+though+they+are+aware+that+they+are+unusual%2C+it+is+Alyson+who+is+keenest+on+telling+their+tale.+They+don%27t+remember+the+nursery+incident%2C+they+say%3B+but+nod+their+heads+as+Alyson+says+she+took+them+both+out+of+it+in+protest.%0D%0A%0D%0APrimary+school+passed+without+colour+being+an+issue%3A+but%2C+says+Alyson%2C+everything+changed+when+they+went+to+secondary+school.+And+at+this+point+the+boys%2C+too%2C+add+their+voices%3A+because+the+racism+they+encountered+there+had+a+huge+effect+on+them%2C+and+on+what+happened+to+them+next.%0D%0A%0D%0AIt+all+started+well%2C+says+Alyson.+%26quot%3BThe+school+was+almost+all-white%2C+so+James+was+unusual.+But+it+wasn%27t+a+problem+for+James+%C2%96+it+was+a+problem+for+Daniel.%0D%0A%0D%0A%26quot%3BThe+boys+were+in+different+classes%2C+so+for+a+while+no+one+realised+they+were+related.+Then+someone+found+out%2C+and+the+story+went+round+that+this+white+boy%2C+Daniel%2C+was+actually+black%2C+and+the+evidence+was+that+he+had+a+black+twin+brother%2C+James%2C+who+was+right+here+in+the+school.+And+then+Daniel+started+being+picked+on+and+it+got+really+ugly+and+racist%2C+and+there+were+lots+of+physical+attacks.+Daniel+was+only+a+little+kid%2C+and+he+was+being+called+names+and+being+beaten+up+by+much+older+children+%C2%96+it+was+really+horrible.+We+even+called+the+police.%26quot%3B%0D%0A%0D%0A%26quot%3BI+was+really+bullied%2C%26quot%3B+cuts+in+Daniel%2C+his+face+hardening+at+the+memory.+%26quot%3BPeople+couldn%27t+believe+James+and+I+were+brothers%2C+and+they+didn%27t+like+the+fact+that+I+looked+white%2C+but+was+%C2%96+as+they+saw+it+%C2%96+black.%26quot%3B%0D%0A%0D%0AIt+is+interesting+that+it+was+the+white+twin%2C+Daniel%2C+and+not+the+black+twin+who+was+on+the+receiving+end+of+racism+%C2%96+but%2C+though+it%27s+counter-intuitive%2C+Alyson+agrees+that+it+betrayed+very+deep-seated+prejudices.+%26quot%3BThose+kids+couldn%27t+stand+the+fact+that%2C+as+they+saw+it%2C+this+white+kid+was+actually+black.+It+was+as+though+they+wanted+to+punish+him+for+daring+to+call+himself+white%2C%26quot%3B+she+says.%0D%0A%0D%0AWhile+we+are+chatting%2C+James+and+Daniel+are+sitting+at+opposite+ends+of+the+sofa%3B+they+give+the+impression+of+being+polite+around+one+another%2C+but+don%27t+seem+particularly+close.+As+Alyson+says%2C+everything+about+them+is+chalk+and+cheese%3A+even+their+body+language+is+at+odds+%C2%96+James+moves+lightly+and+delicately%2C+while+Daniel+moves+in+a+more+muscular%2C+masculine+way.+But+when+Alyson+reaches+this+stage+of+their+story%2C+you+see+a+glimmer+of+that+age-old+solidarity+where+siblings+who+keep+one+another+at+arm%27s+length%2C+nonetheless+pitch+in+when+one+of+them+is+threatened.%0D%0A%0D%0A%26quot%3BI+started+to+notice+how+angry+Daniel+was+getting+at+school%2C+how+people+were+provoking+him+and+how+he+was+getting+hurt%2C%26quot%3B+says+James.+%26quot%3BAnd+when+he+got+pulled+in+fights%2C+I+went+in+too%2C+to+help+him.+I+didn%27t+want+to+see+my+brother+being+treated+like+that.%26quot%3B+James+does+not+look+like+a+kid+who+would+end+up+in+any+fight%3A+but%2C+when+his+brother+was+up+against+it%2C+he+weighed+in+%C2%96+and%2C+says+Alyson%2C+the+bruises+and+cuts+they+both+came+home+with+told+their+own+tale.%0D%0A%0D%0AIt+is+possible+Daniel+would+not+have+liked+school+anyway%2C+but+being+on+the+receiving+end+of+racist+abuse+certainly+did+not+help.+%26quot%3BI+would+have+left+in+year+7+if+I+could%2C%26quot%3B+he+says.+%26quot%3BBut+instead%2C+I+left+in+year+11+%C2%96+and+it+felt+so+good+to+get+away.%26quot%3B+He+moved+to+a+school+that+was+much+more+racially+mixed%2C+and+which+his+older+brothers+had+attended.+%26quot%3BPeople+knew+I+was+Charles+and+Jordan%27s+brother%2C+but+they+were+fine+about+it%2C%26quot%3B+he+says.%0D%0A%0D%0AJames%2C+meanwhile%2C+stayed+on+at+the+old+school.+%26quot%3BIt+was+fine+in+the+sixth+form+%C2%96+things+settled+down%2C+and+I+had+never+been+on+the+receiving+end+of+much+racism%2C%26quot%3B+he+says.%0D%0A%0D%0ABut+at+the+same+time%2C+he+was+coming+to+terms+with+another+major+difference+from+his+brother+%C2%96+the+fact+that+he+is+gay.+%26quot%3BI+knew+from+about+the+age+of+15%2C+but+I+kept+it+to+myself+for+a+while%2C%26quot%3B+he+explains.+%26quot%3BAnd+then+a+few+months+ago%2C+it+just+seemed+like+the+right+time+to+tell+my+family.+I+was+most+worried+about+my+dad%2C+about+what+he%27d+say+' AND cache.serie=help.serie;

MySQL Error : Table 'actup.vbenterprisetranslator_cache_' doesn't exist
Error Number : 1146
Request Date : Wednesday, October 5th 2011 @ 12:36:49 PM
Error Date : Wednesday, October 5th 2011 @ 12:36:50 PM
Script : actup.org (http://www.actup.org/forum/content.php?r=6348-UK-Black-and-white-gay-and-straight-twins/edit)
Referrer : http://www.actup.org/forum/es/content/reino-unido-blanco-y-negro-homosexuales-y-heterosexuales-los-gemelos-6348/
IP Address : 8.24.30.238
Username : admin
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.0.45

vBET
06-10-11, 01:59
Hi. We found the same error on our forum after we turned on Microsoft Translation API so we know how to reproduce. We are working on it and we will release quick fix here.

vBET
06-10-11, 02:46
OK - the issue found and corrected. It will be included in next release.

For quick fix please:
1. Open /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_class_translator.php
2. Find:

return vbet_translateEncodedText($toTranslate, $this->realFrom, $this->realTo, $serie, $this);
3. Replace by:

return vbet_translateEncodedText($toTranslate, $this->from, $this->to, $serie, $this);
4. Find:

return vbet_translateEncodedText(substr($toTranslate, 0, $point), $this->realFrom, $this->realTo, $serie, $this)
5. Replace by:

return vbet_translateEncodedText(substr($toTranslate, 0, $point), $this->from, $this->to, $serie, $this)

brubros
06-10-11, 02:46
Thanks for the quick response. Will this fix be applied under my existing service request or should I initiate a new service request to have the fix applied? I really prefer to not have anyone's hands but vBET's touching our web site at least until everything is resolved. I hope you will understand. The pass words have been returned to what vBET was using previously - or I can PM them to you if you need. Thanks again.

vBET
06-10-11, 02:53
It is done :) The issue should disappear - if it still exists please let us know (in case if there is another reason).

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vBET 4.10.1