PDA

View Full Version : How can I validate the integration is complete?

mickknutson
14-07-11, 08:06
I followed the README directions:

Integration with other mods
You can integrate vBETTM with other mods. Below you have description about integrations possibilities. Actual integration possibilities you will also find here.
vBSEOTM Integration

But how do I validate those changes are correct?

vBET
14-07-11, 12:58
1. Check does your integrated mod pages are working
2. Check does your integrated mod pages are working with translation

In case of vbseo integration go to any thread and check does URL's are translated (in case of vbseo only thread part, not forum part - this is supported for vBulletin friendly URL).

In case of sitemap generator integration - open generated sitemap and check does links with language codes are included.

mickknutson
14-07-11, 13:08
Well the sitemap work:
+1,260,348 new indexed pages. WOW******!!

vBET
14-07-11, 18:39
In next major release we want ad support to include already translated URLs in sitemap - now links to translated pages in sitemap will mad 301 redirect to real one.

mickknutson
14-07-11, 18:54
Nice! I cannot wait!

mickknutson
15-07-11, 07:48
In next major release we want ad support to include already translated URLs in sitemap - now links to translated pages in sitemap will mad 301 redirect to real one.

Do you mean the next release is going to fix this:

URLs not followed
When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL.
HTTP Error: 301
URL:
whomever it is/was************! (http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/33045-post10.html)
Problem detected on: Apr 8, 2011

I see many of these in my Google sitemap submission today.

vBET
15-07-11, 10:23
Exactly - this will be solved.

At this moment if you do not want to have those - just do not integrate with sitemap generator - Google will find your translated pages anyway by crawling your pages. Having it in sitemap is not necessary - just can make it indexed faster.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vBET 4.10.1