PDA

View Full Version : Solved Server Move and Character Encoding issue

ctrenks
04-06-20, 14:59
Moved to a new server (in progress) database was copied with all files via cpanel packing and i see the character encoding is not correct. Any steps on figuring out the source of the issue?

Thanks

here is a screen shot of new site via hosts file change
Well image is not uploading but invalid characters all over text

vBET
08-06-20, 00:20
If your encoding is wrong, it means that your database backup was made wrong way. It is not vBET related. Probably default encoding is different, but please refer to your database manual. You can google about those issues and solutions.

ctrenks
08-06-20, 14:21
Yes, you are corret they use phpmyadmin to move, they did it again via SSH and all is good now, thatnks

ctrenks
09-06-20, 17:28
I am seeing this a lot in the logs now though

2020-06-09 16:26:21 UTC [apache][:warn] [pid 47134] [client 94.130.64.80:45408] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/u2-6twnjvutczhf/www/allfreechips.com/public_html/phpBB2/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
2020-06-09 16:26:20 UTC [apache][:warn] [pid 47976] [client 40.77.167.21:44250] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/u2-6twnjvutczhf/www/allfreechips.com/public_html/phpBB2/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php

ctrenks
09-06-20, 21:54
Also, Q on jquery, i already load it then its being added again from the vbet/ path, can i disable that?

vBET
19-06-20, 20:55
Hi, about logs - unfortunately those do not include requested URL so it is hard to tell what is going on. All requests pass trough mentioned file. Most probably you have issues with some translation provider - your server waits too long for not cached translation. You can check response time from your providers by test scripts included in vBET package in do-not-upload\tools\providers-tests directory. You just upload such test to your forum directory and made request from internet browser. It is possible that provider has issue with some specific translation, so it will not necessary show the issue even if it exists, but it is easiest way to check does provider responds.

About jquery. Is it added again as source or just link? If it is just twice same link to js, then nothing should happen if you remove it. But if on some pages jquery is not added by default, then you can have issues on those pages. So if it is not included as script just as link, it is not worth to risk with changes.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages thanks to vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1