Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Translations not working suddenly

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default Translations not working suddenly

    I'm pretty sure this is related to these similar issues:

    http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co...on-issues.html
    http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co...ve-me-mad.html

    the only difference is I'm using 4.4.2

    Google v1 is not working for any new translations. When switching to v2, translations work, but on next page load translations are gone.

    MS Translator is not working on my site at all, and just times out. I do have vbet_translation_options uploaded.

    Here is an example of a page not working correctly: http://cellphoneforums.net/rim-*****...t335709-a.html (replace ***'s with 'b lackberry' without the space)

  2. #2
    Retired ;)
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Ok please start with doing google test: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co....html#post1728

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    eek - getting a 403 from that - there's the problem.

  4. #4
    Retired ;)
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Please make sure that your vbet configuration is ok, please pay attention on vBulletinTM Configuration fo vBet
    1) for using microsoft translation API make sure that your microsoft id is correct.
    2) for google error:

    Please read from the same link(http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co....html#post1728) how to open your connection. You can try to increase this value, but do not use to big delay becouse it will slow your performance
    admincp -> vbet -> translation options -> Delay between translations

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    This is the specific error I'm getting:
    Starting translation test
    Test result: {"responseData": null, "responseDetails": "Suspected Terms of Service Abuse. Please see http://code.google.com/apis/errors", "responseStatus": 403}
    Test error:
    Connection time (ms): 575.585205078
    I already sent a message to google.

    It's strange that v2 is also not working correctly in place of v1. Like I said, things will be translated on the first page load, but subsequent page loads do not work. Shouldn't the results from the first page load be cached anyway?

    Furthermore, it's pretty strange that Google put a number of sites on the ban list all at once.

    Any idea why me and others are getting timeout errors when trying to switch to MS Translator? My ms id is correct.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    I'm wondering if this part of the TOS is part of the problem. I get a LOT of bots visiting pages every day.

    Sometimes, requests made on behalf of search engine crawlers, as they visit your pages, can result in blocks. To bring your site in line with the Terms (which prohibit automated queries), please utilize a robots.txt or otherwise prevent crawlers' requests from triggering API requests.
    update - nevermind - I see that the interface uses the userip, and this is the line before the one above is this:
    If you're using the RESTful interface, consider using the optional userip parameter. This parameter supplies the IP address of the end-user who made the request and validates that you are not making automated requests in violation of the Terms of Use.
    Last edited by tavenger5; 29-09-11 at 16:44.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Okay, I think I may have fixed things.

    I set the delay between translations to 100ms. The googletest.php is now outputting a 200 status.

    update - now it's back to 403. I think google put a new restriction on how many requests are done a second by each user, and I'm obviously getting kicked off.
    Last edited by tavenger5; 29-09-11 at 16:57.

  8. #8
    MichaƂ Podbielski (vBET Staff)
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,037

    Default

    Please note that 2 links you gave in first post are about vBET 3.5.0 BETA (unstable) version - which has right to have errors - this is form "unstable" definition

    Also please note that Google Translation API v1 puts limits since they are preparing to close.

    Please specify what do you mean by "on next page load translations are gone" - I do not understand.

    MS Translator is not working on my site at all
    Please make sure that you have set appropriate API KEY. Also we will prepare you special Microsoft test to determine what is going on.

    Starting translation test
    Test result: {"responseData": null, "responseDetails": "Suspected Terms of Service Abuse. Please see API Access Notice - Google Code", "responseStatus": 403}
    Test error:
    Connection time (ms): 575.585205078
    Just as it is wrote in error message - please check the page. You already contacted Google - please let us know what is the answer.

    It's strange that v2 is also not working correctly in place of v1. Like I said, things will be translated on the first page load, but subsequent page loads do not work. Shouldn't the results from the first page load be cached anyway?
    Please make sure you have database cache turned on. Also please make sure that you have it turned on for specific language. Page should be cached if it was fully translated. If any translation error occurs then it is not cached because it would fill cache with wrong data (translation was crashed - so we cannot cache it).

    Furthermore, it's pretty strange that Google put a number of sites on the ban list all at once.
    Not at all - most probably this is done automatically by some robot and most probably the traffic was the line here. Anyway - we need to clarify it first to be sure what it is really about - please let us know about Google response.

    Any idea why me and others are getting timeout errors when trying to switch to MS Translator? My ms id is correct.
    Not right now. Radek will prepare Microsoft test and you will be able to check what it is about.

    update - now it's back to 403. I think google put a new restriction on how many requests are done a second by each user, and I'm obviously getting kicked off.
    If it is v1 then Google made announcement that restrictions will be made - maybe they made it more strict when coming closer to closing date... If it is v2 - it shouldn't happen they take money for this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    I did a quick test. Here is what I did step by step:
    • Enabled Google Translate v2. Translations worked for a short period of time, then stopped
    • In the meantime v1 gave me a 200 status
    • Switched back to v1. Translations worked for a short period again - observed 403 status
    • Upped the "Delay between translations" to 2000
    • Switched back to v2. Translations worked for a short period of time, then stopped
    • v1 gave me a 200 status again
    • Switched back to v1. Translations worked for a short period again - observed 403 status
    • Upped the "Delay between translations" to 3000
    • Switched back to v2. Translations worked for a short period of time, then stopped
    • v1 gave me a 200 status again
    • Switched back to v1. Translations worked for a short period again - observed 403 status
    • Upped the "Delay between translations" to 4000
    • Switched back to v2. Translations worked for a short period of time, then stopped
    • v1 gave me a 200 status again
    • etc...


    So it's clear that Google doesn't like all the calls I'm throwing at it even with a delay of 4 seconds!

    In the v2 documentation it says "100.0 characters/second/user" - I'm guessing I'm still exceeding that, which is why v2 only works momentarily.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vBET View Post
    Please note that 2 links you gave in first post are about vBET 3.5.0 BETA (unstable) version - which has right to have errors - this is form "unstable" definition
    Right, but we're all experiencing the same issue...

    Also please note that Google Translation API v1 puts limits since they are preparing to close.
    yeah, they obviously changed something yesterday

    Please specify what do you mean by "on next page load translations are gone" - I do not understand.

    Please make sure you have database cache turned on. Also please make sure that you have it turned on for specific language. Page should be cached if it was fully translated. If any translation error occurs then it is not cached because it would fill cache with wrong data (translation was crashed - so we cannot cache it).
    I believe this was my fault - I did not have the default language (English) turned on for cache. It makes sense that the system wasn't caching the above page because I didn't have this on.

    Please make sure that you have set appropriate API KEY. Also we will prepare you special Microsoft test to determine what is going on.
    I do - it's still timing out

    If it is v1 then Google made announcement that restrictions will be made - maybe they made it more strict when coming closer to closing date... If it is v2 - it shouldn't happen they take money for this.
    See my last post about limit per user per second

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •