PDA

View Full Version : Solved broken links

sergarch
08-10-11, 00:36
Hello,
My links seems to be broken in translation.

Example: In my default (russian) language links looks like
xpam.org/teosofiya/517-velikie-dushi-sredi-nas-ili-kto-takie-mahatmy.html

but when I'm using translation, the same links changes to this:
xpam.org/be/teosofiya/517-%F0%92%F1%9F%F0%BB%F1%96%F0%BA%F1%96%F1%9F-%F0%B4%F1%83%F1%88%F1%8B-%F1%83%F1%9F%F1%90%F0%BE%F0%B4-%F0%BE%F0%B0%F1%83-%F1%86%F1%96-%F1%85%F1%82%F0%BE-%F1%82%F0%B0%F0%BA%F1%96%F1%9F-%F0%9C%F0%B0%F1%85%F0%B0%F1%82%F0%BC%F1%8B.html

Everything worked perfect untill last update of vBulletin and minor changes in .htaccess

Here is my .htaccess file:

# Comment the following line (add '#' at the beginning)
# to disable mod_rewrite functions.
# Please note: you still need to disable the hack in
# the vBSEO control panel to stop url rewrites.
RewriteEngine On

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums/)
#RewriteBase /

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.xpam\.org
#RewriteRule (.*) http://www.xpam.org/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

#************************************************************************--
#RULES for SEO translation links with vBSEO (have to be included before all rules to vbseo.php)
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/ [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|vbseo_sitemap/|cron|api\.php)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule $ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

#************************************************************************--
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron|vbseo_sitemap|api\.php)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

Please advise.

Thank you.

r.dziadusz
08-10-11, 08:49
Have you did the upgrade correctly(upload folder upload-once), and could you please for sure check all settings, if are set properly?
Please take a look on:

vBSEO -> Control Panel -> General Setings -> Replace Non-English Characters in URLs? -> keep non english characters in urls
Also it can be some browser crawling issue(description in tab of my browser show "pretty" url), I have to investigate it

sergarch
08-10-11, 19:56
Thank you for your answer.

I'm using vBet for more than year and it's worked perfecty.
Sure thing,
vBSEO -> Control Panel -> General Setings -> Replace Non-English Characters in URLs? -> keep non english characters in urls is set correctly.

Have you did the upgrade correctly(upload folder upload-once), and could you please for sure check all settings, if are set properly?
Yes, all of this files uploaded to my forum derection.

I have found other strange thing:
Topics are translated correctly, but some messages are tranlsted in the topics, and some of them not.
Even some part of messages translated, and some of them not.
It's very strange.

Any suggestion about why did it happened?

vBET
09-10-11, 00:18
Please keep one issue per one thread. Shortly - you could reach your limit and that is why sentences which are not cached are not translated. If you need more info/help - please open new thread for new issue.

About actual issue - please PM access details to Admin CP, FTP and vbseo CP so we will be able to check it and correct it. Also please PM exact URL where we can see the issue.

sergarch
09-10-11, 10:13
PM has been sent yesterday.
Any updated information?

vBET
09-10-11, 13:03
Going there now.

vBET
09-10-11, 13:28
Please see PM - you send not enough access details.

vBET
09-10-11, 13:45
I'm still waiting for access details, but I was checking it a little and I saw one thing. It is working for some translations. Like it is perfectly ok for
- Japanese: xpam.org/ja/teosofiya/517-ョヂるニ㐃ヾミヿマミトマ秃ミモヮ間ョ大ポヺ魂.html
- Korean: xpam.org/ko/teosofiya/517-거나-마하-횸마-우리-감운띰-위뜐한-옃혼.html

But where it is not working there you have EXACY SAME URL (only language code different):
- Belarusian: xpam.org/be/teosofiya/517-%F0%92%F1%9F%F0%BB%F1%96%F0%BA%F1%96%F1%9F-%F0%B4%F1%83%F1%88%F1%8B-%F1%83%F1%9F%F1%90%F0%BE%F0%B4-%F0%BE%F0%B0%F1%83-%F1%86%F1%96-%F1%85%F1%82%F0%BE-%F1%82%F0%B0%F0%BA%F1%96%F1%9F-%F0%9C%F0%B0%F1%85%F0%B0%F1%82%F0%BC%F1%8B.html
- & Turkish : xpam.org/tr/teosofiya/517-%F0%92%F0%B5%F0%BB%F0%B8%F0%BA%F0%B8%F0%B5-%F0%B4%F1%83%F1%88%F0%B8-%F1%83%F1%90%F0%B5%F0%B4%F0%B8-%F0%BE%F0%B0%F1%83-%F0%B8%F0%BB%F0%B8-%F0%BA%F1%82%F0%BE-%F1%82%F0%B0%F0%BA%F0%B8%F0%B5-%F0%BC%F0%B0%F1%85%F0%B0%F1%82%F0%BC%F1%8B.html

That gives me one theory what can happen (still have to check it). So when translation is working then everything is OK. Here most probably you already reach your limit and translation is not available (at this very moment vBET disabled booth your providers). And that is why you have broken links - you didn't got translation so it is displayed what was send to translate (changed for API needs).
Something strange is here, because page itself is translated and URL not, still it is possible if your URL was translated earlier (when it was displayed as last post on main page) and the page was translated later. In such case ached translation for link could be already removed from cache and translation for the page itself is still cached.

Anyway I will be able to confirm when I get full access - right now I cannot do it and I can only guess what happens.

EDIT
No those are not exactly the same. I need more access to find our what is going on.

EDIT 2
Here URL is definitively translated but displayed wrong: xpam.org/fr/teosofiya/517-les-grandes-%E3%A2mes-parmi-nous-qui-sont-ou-mahatma.html
So my previous theory is not right.

vBET
09-10-11, 13:59
One possible hint - On your original page in HTML source I see:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

Please note that vBET is case sensitive in case of encoding and it is clearly described in installation procedure:

(ONLY for utf-8 charactersets) Set characterset value in lowercase - vBET is case sensitive for characterset. So if you are using utf-8 then make sure that you have set 'utf-8'

You have it set UTF-8 instead of utf-8. This can be the reason. Pease change it (instructions in readme.html from vBET package) and tell did it help. If not please try with cache turned off for a moment or even better create new thread for testing with title which for sure wasn't translated yet (your cache content can be broken because of wrong settings). I would check it myself, but your Admin CP is not in English and I'm not able to work there.

vBET
18-10-11, 12:47
Please tell does the hints help? Do you need more support here? :)

sergarch
26-10-11, 23:51
One possible hint - On your original page in HTML source I see:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

Please note that vBET is case sensitive in case of encoding and it is clearly described in installation procedure:

You have it set UTF-8 instead of utf-8. This can be the reason. Pease change it (instructions in readme.html from vBET package) and tell did it help. If not please try with cache turned off for a moment or even better create new thread for testing with title which for sure wasn't translated yet (your cache content can be broken because of wrong settings). I would check it myself, but your Admin CP is not in English and I'm not able to work there.

You are genious!

After resetted UTF-8 to utf-8 translations starts to work normally, but in some themes I still got these strange "0%B0%F1%82%F0%BC%F1%8B.html".

How to solve it?

r.dziadusz
27-10-11, 17:26
Please give us direct url to where it appears

sergarch
27-10-11, 19:40
Here simple random examples:

http://www.xpam.org/en/induizm-video/545-grand-master-ravi-%E5%A0ankaru.html

http://www.xpam.org/tr/content/244-%F0%B4%F1%90%F0%BE%F0%BE%F0%B8%F0%BA%F0%B8-%F0%90%F0%BA%F0%B0%F1%88%F0%B8-%F0%B8%F0%BE%F1%82%F0%B5%F1%90%F0%BE%F0%B5%F1%82-%F1%82%F0%BE%F0%BE%F0%BA%F0%BE%F0%B3%F0%BE-%F0%BC%F0%B8%F1%90%F0%B0.html

Those links looks like broken links.
On those URL translation doesn't work, or some parts translated and some of them not.

r.dziadusz
28-10-11, 12:00
I see the translation works: please read these posts about untranslated/partly translated text: 1 (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/413-faq-2.html#post10969) and 2 (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/413-faq-2.html#post10869)
About still broken link I have to check that

r.dziadusz
29-10-11, 08:58
Can you please PM me acces to your admincp/vbseo/ftp I have to check it on place

r.dziadusz
08-11-11, 21:18
No answer consider it solved, if you have question for this topic I will reopen it, for any other issue please open new thread

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1