Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads Check vBET on vBulletin 5

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.

Thread: Any one got VBET working with nginx as proxy

Cool Any one got VBET working with nginx as proxy

as per recommendations of vb.com i got nginx installed on server positive this is load is down from 25+ to 5 bad thing is site translations stopped working completely, i am forced to remove mod which i bought to improve my traffic

my site details :-

vbulletin 4.0.3 latest
    vbseo 3.5.0 pre release
    apache 2.2.x
    latest nginx proxy to serve static content

thanks in advance

never mind i got it to work, some changes made in server by my server admins

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad you handled this - anyway for others: Yes vBET is working with nginx (confirmed on client forum). In next release rules will be applied in package. For now use those (need to adopt to your forum directory):
    Code:
    location /forums/ {

rewrite ^/forums/((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ /forums/vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 last;

rewrite ^/forums/(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/ last;
    rewrite ^/forums/(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/$2 last;

if (!-e $request_filename) {
    rewrite ^/forums/(.*)$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php last;
    }

}

if ($request_filename ~ "\.php$" ) {
    rewrite ^/forums/(.*)$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php last;
    }

is this rule for nginx as proxy ?

Blog Entries

Those are rules for nginx. I do not know is there a difference if you are using it just as proxy. As I wrote we got confirmation form one of our clients that it is running OK on nginx. Do you have any troubles with those rules?

i think those rules are for nginx as main web server, we have nginx as proxy to apache to serve static content, previously when i hit translate i used to get gateway timeout error, my techs have fixed it

Blog Entries

OK so - sorry for confusion and great that you handled it. Can you share your solution with others?

it was nginx wait time issue , sorry i cant disclose much since it was handled by management company who just replied "it has been fixed" lol

Text automatically translated from: Russian to: English
    Translated text
    Good day!

I have Nginx as proxy to Apache, these rules are not working, get error 500.
    Original text

Blog Entries

Please open new thread for your issue and give there more details - which rules did you use?
    Are you using booth - Nginx and Apache? If you have Apache did you try use .htaccess?

Please describe it in separate thread - this one is for other customer issue and it is already solved.
    (at this moment I see translations are working well on your forum - please provide also URL to broken page)