Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plans changed for vBET 3.3.0 release

Quote Originally Posted by vBET View Post
    There is no place on our site or forum that vBET 3.x is compatible with vB4 and there are lot of laces where it is written that it is not. Even on vbulletin.org are comments for people writing that cannot wait till paid version will be compatible. There was no any advertising telling that vBET 3.x is compatible with vB4. If you think differently - please show us what you are writing about we will correct it to avoid future confusions.

Release of vBET 4.0, which will be compatible with vB4 is planned for March.
    I'm angry because I spent money and my time on something I can not use. My decision was based on your display on vB.org. That's not saying what you have to offer for 3.8 isn't fantastic, because I think it is.

You show me where it says in your write up (initial presentation at vB.org) that it's not compatible******!! with vB4. then I'll apologize and shut-up.

Matt Olieman
    Untitled Document

calm down dude - there's 3 different versions of the software - it clearly states what version each one is for on vb.org. The premium version 3.x, which is only available on here and not on vb.org, is not out yet for vb4, as the author previously stated. I'm sure he'll give you a refund if you just ask.
    Last edited by tavenger5; 11-01-10 at 23:03.

Quote Originally Posted by tavenger5 View Post
    calm down dude - there's 3 different versions of the software - it clearly states what version each one is for on vb.org. The premium version 3.x, which is only available on here and not on vb.org, is not out yet for vb4, as the author previously stated. I'm sure he'll give you a refund if you just ask.
    I thought I did ask for that.... I'm calm

Matt Olieman
    mycockpit.org

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Olieman View Post
    I'm angry because I spent money and my time on something I can not use. My decision was based on your display on vB.org. That's not saying what you have to offer for 3.8 isn't fantastic, because I think it is.

You show me where it says in your write up (initial presentation at vB.org) that it's not compatible******!! with vB4. then I'll apologize and shut-up.

Matt Olieman
    Untitled Document
    I understand you are angry - you paid for something what you are not able to use immediately. Many people would be angry for a while in such situation.

We just add this information on free version page to avoid such confusions in the future. It was never our intention to made anyone confused and we are very sorry that it happens. We only want to give free gift for everyone who like to use it.

As I wrote - paid version will be compatible with vB4 and it is already in our schedule. You can remind us about this issue after vBET 4.0 release (for vB4) and we will change date of your license start, so you will not lose any day of your year of free access to new releases.

Is this solution is OK for you?

I understand you are angry - you paid for something what you are not able to use immediately. Many people would be angry for a while in such situation.

We just add this information on free version page to avoid such confusions in the future. It was never our intention to made anyone confused and we are very sorry that it happens. We only want to give free gift for everyone who like to use it.

As I wrote - paid version will be compatible with vB4 and it is already in our schedule. You can remind us about this issue after vBET 4.0 release (for vB4) and we will change date of your license start, so you will not lose any day of your year of free access to new releases.

Is this solution is OK for you?
    Thank you, I appreciate and accept your offer.

My apologies for being abrupt. I think you've got a wonderful product and I look forward to put it in action once vB4 compatible version is available.

My sincere thanks and best wishes,
    Matt Olieman
    mycockpit.org

Blog Entries

I thought I did ask for that.... I'm calm

Matt Olieman
    mycockpit.org
    Sorry - I did not understood that. I thought that you want quick response or refund.
    I'd like a quick response or please send my money back.
    Please see previous post with proposition of solution for this issue and clear your statement about the situation.
    We are happy to make our clients happy and our intention is to make them happy

EDIT:
    just saw that you already answered I'm glad that we meet win-win situation! And I hope that you will feel like a winner having vBET on your forum
    Before vBET 4.0 will be released you can use vBET 2.4 - your pages wil be already indexed, and after release you will made update having better performance and giving your users possibility of writing posts in different languages.
    Last edited by vBET; 12-01-10 at 03:03.

Just to make sure:

At the moment I have momentarily disabled cache clearing because my server almost go down when updating the cache at "Normal deletion". So after updating the mod in a few days, I can just set it to "Normal deletion" and everything will run smoothly?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krisp View Post
    Just to make sure:

At the moment I have momentarily disabled cache clearing because my server almost go down when updating the cache at "Normal deletion". So after updating the mod in a few days, I can just set it to "Normal deletion" and everything will run smoothly?
    You can use cache clearing right now - there are other strategies made specially for such cases.

Also in vBET 3.3.0 cache is changed - there is separate table for each language, so indexes will be 52 times smaller and deletion will be much faster.

We are not able to tell does it will be fast enough on your forum to use normal deletion - it depends on how many rows you will have in tables. MySQL rebuilds indexes when data are deleted. And this is the reason of taking time - vBET can only provide you other ways to delete data (and it provides strategies for this). The rest is in MySQL hands.

Please just check it and if there still will be issue then it means that MySQL will not be able to handle removing 1/15 of your cached translation in normal way. In such case just check other strategies.

We can consider to add additional strategy if it will be necessary - fast deletion without rebuild of indexes. Right now 2 strategies are using fast deletion and after that rebuild indexes - this is of course the most time consuming part. We can add strategy where will be made fast deletion without index rebuild - this will made your indexes grow, so rebuild will be necessary from time to time, but you will be able to do it manually in best time for your server (some conservation time).

There is no other way we can do (it means we do not see other solutions right now ) - as I wrote it is MySQL which made clearing.

You can use cache clearing right now - there are other strategies made specially for such cases.

Also in vBET 3.3.0 cache is changed - there is separate table for each language, so indexes will be 52 times smaller and deletion will be much faster.

We are not able to tell does it will be fast enough on your forum to use normal deletion - it depends on how many rows you will have in tables. MySQL rebuilds indexes when data are deleted. And this is the reason of taking time - vBET can only provide you other ways to delete data (and it provides strategies for this). The rest is in MySQL hands.

Please just check it and if there still will be issue then it means that MySQL will not be able to handle removing 1/15 of your cached translation in normal way. In such case just check other strategies.

We can consider to add additional strategy if it will be necessary - fast deletion without rebuild of indexes. Right now 2 strategies are using fast deletion and after that rebuild indexes - this is of course the most time consuming part. We can add strategy where will be made fast deletion without index rebuild - this will made your indexes grow, so rebuild will be necessary from time to time, but you will be able to do it manually in best time for your server (some conservation time).

There is no other way we can do (it means we do not see other solutions right now ) - as I wrote it is MySQL which made clearing.
    Presently the short and medium caches has around 3 million rows each for 12 languages. I think everything went fine until I reached around 600.000 in each. So you are saying tables will now be 3m/12 = 300.000 per new table for each language? Does this calculation make sense? I guess the same amount of work will be have to be done from now on, but then in a "serial" manner working on each table at a time instead of one big table ... Perhaps if there where a timelap of a few minutes between each table update it would be better?

Also I presume when installig the new mod it will have to delete the present big tables and rebuild new tables from scratch during install, right? (trying to breakup the big tables into smaller during install would be too server intensive)
    Last edited by krisp; 13-01-10 at 23:22.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krisp View Post
    Presently the short and medium caches has around 3 million rows each for 12 languages. I think everything went fine until I reached around 600.000 in each. So you are saying tables will now be 3m/12 = 300.000 per new table for each language? Does this calculation make sense? I guess the same amount of work will be have to be done, but then in a "serial" manner working on each table at a time instead of one big table ... Perhaps if there where a timelap of a few minutes between each table update it would be better?

Also I presume when installig the new mod it will have to delete the present big tables and rebuild new tables from scratch during install, right?
    Your calculations are correct at this moment. But remember that right now you have disabled clearing, so you have more data there that usually you will have with clearing on.

You have good point about those timelaps - it is good idea - I added it in TODO list, but cannot guarantee that we will include it in 3.3.0 It is scheduled for Sunday. If not we will include it in next release after that

Also I do not think that it will be same time to rebuild one big index and 12 smaller having in sum same amount of rows. It depends of complexity of algorithm (it would be same if it is linear). For example it is much easier to sort 12 list having 2 rows than 1 list having 24 rows... Of course honestly - I have no idea what is exact MySQL algorithm in such case, but as you already noticed having smallest tables gives us opportunity to separate smaller tasks with timelaps what will made whole better for server

And yes - vBET will automatically remove old cache tables during update.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast