Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads Check vBET on vBulletin 5

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Translations not working at all!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    168

    Default Translations not working at all!

    For some (most) translated languages, a lot of strings are missing in the translated versions on my forum. You can check this as a guest. What's the deal?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Changed API key to one with just my domain and it works now.

  3. #3
    Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,006
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Great to hear

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Ok, now I'm getting this problem again, with and without a key. It only works from time to time. At what e-mail can I contact Google?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    168

    Default

    I found the e-mail and contacted google. They advised me that a new 'userip' parameter has been added to the API and should be used by large sites.

    I thus changed line 214 in vBet_functions.php to: return 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/language/translate?v=1.0&format=html&langpair='.$from.'|'.$to.'&key='.$vbulletin->options['vbenterprisetranslator_googleapikey'].'&userip='.IP ADDRESS;

    While requiring global.php to get the IP ADDRESS.

  6. #6
    Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,006
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    We have it already implemented - waiting for new release. userip is not obligatory that is why we have no hurry with that. We will made new vBET 3.x release after vBET4.x will be stable and we will be able to move algorithm enhancements to vBET 3.x

    If you want to have it faster, then please change function vbet_getTranslationURL in /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions.php to this one:
    PHP Code:
      function vbet_getTranslationURL($from,$to) {
        global 
    $vbulletin;
        if (
    $vbulletin->options['vbenterprisetranslator_googleapikey']) {
          return 
    'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/language/translate?v=1.0&format=html&langpair='.$from.'|'.$to.'&key='.$vbulletin->options['vbenterprisetranslator_googleapikey'].'&userip='.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];    
        } else {
          return 
    'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/language/translate?v=1.0&format=html&langpair='.$from.'|'.$to.'&userip='.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
        }  
      } 
    Last edited by vBET; 17-03-10 at 02:02.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Thanks! Due to size of my site, requests without userip were mostly being blocked.

  8. #8
    Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,006
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Sorry for confusion - I checked code from old version. In vBET3.3.1 userip is already included in request

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31