Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads Check vBET on vBulletin 5

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disabaling language in .htaccess

Default Disabaling language in .htaccess

Hi, in my .htaccess both inside the forum folder and outside i have the vbet rewrite rules the start of which looks like this
    RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr**********...
    My forum language is inglsh so should i be removing "en" so it looks like this?
    RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|et|tl|fi|fr**********.
    If i remove the "en" and i view my forum page or index page outside of the forum in another language say /pt/ will the /en/ flag work to get me back to viewing the forum in default language?

Regards,
    Simon

vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) Staff

hello,

Your main language code should stay in .htaccess, of course english flag will work without this code in .htaccess.

Why you want to delete this code from .htaccess?

I don't necessarily want to delete, i was checking the amount of queries that i have when my forum loads (23!) and noticed that it was using the language tables i. ....en/short **********en/medium ..etc when really it shouldn't be caching any language tables for me as my forum language is english, my browser is set to english and my forum posting language is set to english, so i thought that maybe i have something wrong.

I'm trying to reduce my server load and queries.

Regards,
    Simon

you can disable cache system for some languages (for example english) using this option:
    admincp->vBET Cache->Database Cache->Guests Cache details

Ok, thanks , i have implemented this too http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co...-new-post.html as posted by Michal

Kamil, i disabled en in database cache and guest cache then ran cache cleaner (which i never do) and got all these errors?
    Cleaning Database Cache
    Cleared tables for: en
    DONE. Cleaned: 3 tables in 1 seconds (3 cache tables per each language)

Cleaning Guest Cache Files

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-82-p-3_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-82-p-6_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-13_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-14_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-15_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-16_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-17_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-18_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-22_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-23_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-24_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-27_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-29_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_archive_index_php_f-87-p-31_html0.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

********************...includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39

Warning: unlink([path]/vbet_guestcache/en/vbet_lessrelevant__forumz_showgroups_php9.html) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_cachecleaner.php on line 39
    Cleared files for: en
    DONE. Removed: 199 files in 2 seconds

Cleaned 1 language(s)
    Cleaning finished
    Those aren't all the errors, i couldn't post them here as the character limit wouldn't allow it and i couldn't even upload a simple text file because your attachment system isn't working.

ok,

please check your chmod in files inside vbet_guestcache folder
    please check chmod of vbet_guestcache/en/ folder (should be 777)

secondly, please check (and paste here) vbet_guestcache localization on your server. Please check that inside vbet_guestcache/en/ files still exist or not (and check chmod of files inside - should be 777)

All files inside vbet_guestcache were chmod 755 but are now 777, the file is located here /public_html/forumz/vbet_guestcache and /public_html/forumz/vbet_guestcache/en is empty, but it would be as i performed a cache clean as stated above.

Are these now correct?

EDIT: On checking another vbet_guestcache file (be) i find that everything inside that folder is chmod 644

You need to made chmod on 777 to all cache folders and subfolders inside (use 'CHMOD 777 -R vbet_guestcache').

and test it again.

secondly - we have: No such file or directory, so I will check your directory path

All vbet_guestcache and sub folders are now 777 i'll pm you access details so you can check

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast