Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vBSEO integration

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Default vBSEO integration

vBET can be integrated with vBSEO to support SEO translation links and also to translate titles inside links for threads.

IMPORTANT: if you use vBET 3.x with vBSEO you have to make full integration - it means that before setting .htaccess rules you MUST do all steps described in installation instructions in vBSEO Integration section. For vBET 2.x users just make .htaccess part (2 files changes required).

To integrate vBET with vBSEO edit .htaccess file:
    JUST BEFORE all rules to vbseo.php put only one of these two types of rules:

- SHORT RULES
    Faster and more efficient but can be used only if you are NOT using links with 2-signs part i.e: yourforum.com/XY/

Code:
    RewriteRule ^/?(..|zh-CN|zh-TW)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/ [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^/?(..|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|vbseo_sitemap/|cron)
    RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
    RewriteRule $ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

If your forum use subdirectory in URL, then change 2 first rules adding your forum directory with leading '/' just after redirected=. So i.e. if your forum is in forum directory then you will have redirected=/forum/index.php and redirected=/forum/$2

- LONG RULES
    Can by used always

Code:
    RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/ [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|vbseo_sitemap/|cron)
    RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
    RewriteRule $ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]
    If your forum use subdirectory in URL, then change 2 first rules adding your forum directory with leading '/' just after redirected=. So i.e. if your forum is in forum directory then you will have redirected=/forum/index.php and redirected=/forum/$2
    Last edited by r.dziadusz; 08-11-11 at 20:40.

Cool

is it advised to use sitemap for different languages ? , i have settings 500 urls per sitemap , ran sitemap generator and boom 280 sitemaps created

Right now integration with sitemap grenerator is given by vBSEO stuff and it doesn't support creation of separate sitemaps for each language. It puts all languages in same sietmaps files.

Some of our users find their own way to reach this point. I.e. you can made no changes in sitemap generator and write some tool which reads sitemap file and create new files with enhanced URLs for translation.

We have in our TODO list to achieve creation of separate sitemaps for each language. It doesn't have highest priority at this moment, but we remember about this issue.

i cant make my vbseo urls to work. but language=en urls are working

here its my htaccess

Code:
    #RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/ [L,QSA]
    #RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/$2 [L,QSA]

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|vbseo_sitemap/|cron)
    #RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
    #RewriteRule $ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

# Comment the following line (add '#' at the beginning)
    # to disable mod_rewrite functions.
    # Please note: you still need to disable the hack in
    # the vBSEO control panel to stop url rewrites.
    RewriteEngine On
    any help (i followed the instructions)
    Last edited by vBET; 15-02-10 at 13:00. Reason: Correction of bbcode

nobody helps here ? not the kind of support for a product of 90 $

Quote Originally Posted by tsak76 View Post
    nobody helps here ? not the kind of support for a product of 90 $
    Hello. Sorry for your troubles and that you have to wait for your answer longer that you liked to. Please note that we have time differences and you can have middle of the day when we can have middle of the night + it was Sunday
    We can assure you that we provide support which you pay for - just look on this forum content. Just please be aware that it is not 24/7.

The answer for your issue goes in next post.

i cant make my vbseo urls to work. but language=en urls are working

here its my htaccess

Code:
    #RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/ [L,QSA]
    #RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/$2 [L,QSA]

#RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/

RewriteEngine On
    any help (i followed the instructions)
    You didn't followed instructions well - that is cause of the issue. You need to put vBET rules just before all rules to vbseo.php - not at the begging of file. It is even written in big letters there. Now on your htaccess file rules are before even engine is on, so this can be the problem. Please make correction and if issue will still exist, then please open new thread for it in Troubleshooting with description what happens ("not working" can be not enough ).
    Last edited by vBET; 15-02-10 at 13:14.

Code:
    RewriteEngine On

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
    # enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
    # Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
    # to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums/)
    #RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.mysite\.com
    RewriteRule (.*) http://www.mysite/forums/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

#RULES for SEO translation links with vBSEO (have to be included before all rules to vbseo.php)
    #RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/index.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron|vbseo_sitemap)
    RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
    RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

this is what i have now and doesnt work tell me how to edit it

ok now, btw it conflicts with photopost pro. what can i do in order not to affect photopost pro ?

Code:
    RewriteEngine On

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
    # enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
    # Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
    # to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums/)
    #RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.mysite\.com
    RewriteRule (.*) http://www.mysite/forums/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

#RULES for SEO translation links with vBSEO (have to be included before all rules to vbseo.php)
    #RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/index.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron|vbseo_sitemap)
    RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
    RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

this is what i have now and doesnt work tell me how to edit it
    It doesn't work because you commented vBET rules - remove # from the beginning of vBET rules

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast