Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install keeps Failing!

Default Install keeps Failing!

I tried to install this using Firefox. The install wouldn't even start.

I switched to Internet Explorer and the mod starting installing.
    It ran a bar across the top of my screen.
    Then at the bottom of the browser window, a solid blue bar started shrinking from right to left. After about an hour and 20 minutes, the bar stopped moving and didn't move again.

Nothing shows up as installed in the plugin section.
    No AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> vB Enterprise Translator in my options.

I am running VBulletin 4.0.4
    on a 2X dual core xeon 1.60GHZ with a 1066MHz front side bus and
    8 GB's of ram
    73 GB SCSI 300 10,000 rpm disk

This is a very busy board with over 1.2 million posts and 150K members.

Please advise,

vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) Staff

sorry, but I do not know too much about what's going on.

everything you need to do is described in the readme.html in vBET do-not-upload folder.

1. ulpoad all files from upload folder to your forum_root folder
    2. go to admincp -> plugins and products and add vBET xml file from do-not-upload folder
    3. appropriate integrations described in the file readme.html

Code:
    It ran a bar across the top of my screen.
    Then at the bottom of the browser window, a solid blue bar started shrinking from right to left. After about an hour and 20 minutes, the bar stopped moving and didn't move again.
    How do you run this instalation? Please, paste here a url to your forum.

forums.sawomatang.com

We have this issue the first time. Maybe your server is very charged.
    So, I suggest this solutions:

First: Try to disable your forum. Go to admincp -> settings -> options -> Turn Your vBulletin On and Off and select no.
    If the forum will be disabled, try reinstalling vBET (import xml file)
    After that enable your forum again.

If this does not work.
    Second: Maybe conflict with other mod? You should to disable another mods and instal vBET. After that you can turn on mods again.

The forum was disabled the first time.

I have no other mods installed on there so, there are none to disable.

The forum was down for almost 1 1/2 hours while the install ran and never finished.

What is the time frame that it should take to install this on a forum with 1.2 million posts?

Does it do anything to the databases or just replace files in the forums directory?

hello,

I have to check what is wrong.
    So, I need access to your forum admincp and FTP. Please, send this access to me by PM. I will try to fix it.

Do you just need limited admincp access to the plugins sections or the full admin access to the entire admincp?

MichaƂ Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbl33 View Post
    What is the time frame that it should take to install this on a forum with 1.2 million posts?
    There is no time frame - installation just takes few seconds. And number of posts have nothing to do, because translations are done when users visits your pages under translated links. Installation just adds plugins, phrases, templates and cache tables.

So please fallow Kamil's instructions - let us check what happens there. Also please note that installation is executed by vBulletin. So if we confirm that it keeps failing then most probably you will have to ask vBulletin team for support - vBET product file is correct - no error happens. So if installation just don't want to finish then probably something is wrong with your vBulletin. But first - please let us check it.

Please PM me full admin access - you can remove it after we finish. I really do not know does it will be necessary, but if he will need to check something then it will be much faster that ask again because of not enought privileges. Also please send him FTP access to we will be able to verify that vBET files were uploaded on your server.

Also you can made simple test and try to import product file for any other mod just to check will it work.
    Last edited by vBET; 05-07-10 at 23:09.

Still awaiting the opportunity to use the software to which I have already paid for. :-(

I tried to log in to your admicp but I couldn't. Can your confirm the password?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast