Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vbulletin 3.6.12 and vbet compatibility?

Exclamation vbulletin 3.6.12 and vbet compatibility?

Hello, I have the vbulletin 3.6.12 version and I don't intend to upgrade as I find this version the less buggiest and fastest. I also have the vbet free version (with donation) installed.

My forum has 143k members 373k posts on a dedicated server, unfortunately I can't set all of the flags active because the load is intense (have tweaked the performance at it's best).

I want the full version because if I'm not mistaken you can reply in the desired selected language and that it's better server optimized.

Anyway, would the upgrade be easy to do like: unistall the free version and install the full version or would I encounter some type of problem in doing so?

And secondly are you planning on some kind of summer sale for vbet

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Hello, vBET 3.x is definitively more optimized that free version. Faster cache, faster algorithms, additional performance parameters, eliminated double redirection. So in this area I can guarantee that it will be faster and your server load will go down.

Sorry, but we do not plan any summer sale for vBET.

Installation is as easy as it was. So just uninstall free version and install paid one.

Still - please note that vBET 3.x is oficialy supported for vB3.8 - yes we have clients runing it on 3.7, and maybe even on 3.6. So if free version is running on your server then translation should be fine also on paid one. Still cannot guarantee that all additional features will work. vBET is using vB hooks and if we are using some which is not included in 3.6 yet, then this code will not be executed. But even if one or two features will not be available, still you will have much faster translations and less server load

What hooks and features wouldn't be available? The free version isn't giving me any problems other then the optimization features that are included in the paid 4 version.

I don't want to spend money in vain for possible compatibility problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mario06 View Post
    What hooks and features wouldn't be available? The free version isn't giving me any problems other then the optimization features that are included in the paid 4 version.

I don't want to spend money in vain for possible compatibility problems.
    Do not know - we didn't made tests on this version. We can give you whole list of hooks used by vBET and you can check does those are supported in your vBulletin version.

vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) Staff

hook list:

Code:
    misc_bbcode_complete
    useradmin_edit_column1
    member_execute_start
    userdata_start
    global_setup_complete
    bbcode_fetch_tags
    bbcode_create
    cache_templates
    postbit_display_start 
    editor_toolbar_end
    forumhome_complete
    postbit_display_complete
    showthread_similarthreadbit
    threadbit_process
    album_picture_complete
    group_picture
    showthread_complete
    group_discuss_end
    member_complete
    external_query
    external_start
    register_addmember_process
    profile_updateprofile
    editor_toolbar_end 
    group_message_post_start
    private_insertpm_process
    newpost_process
    visitor_message_post_start
    picture_comment_post_start
    profile_complete 
    register_form_complete
    archive_process_start
    archive_global
    header_redirect
    init_startup
    mail_send
    archive_thread_post
    forumbit_display
    archive_forum_thread
    archive_complete
    private_complete 
    private_messagelist_messagebit
    group_discuss_end 
    group_complete
    group_discussionbit_display_start
    group_complete 
    group_discussionbit_display_complete
    threadbit_process
    online_bit_complete
    postbit_display_complete
    parse_templates
    showthread_postbit_create
    showthread_similarthreadbit
    login_redirect
    profile_editprofile_start
    redirect_generic
    xml_print_output
    external_complete
    global_complete 
    archive_complete 
    global_start
    Last edited by kamilkurczak; 04-06-10 at 16:59.

I really like this mod alot, do you guys think I'll benefit alot from it or would it be useless for me? I really don't understand the importance of each of this hooks.

I want the board translated fast and server optimized as for the rest I don't know what I'd be missing out on and if needed, but surely I don't want cause myself any problems on my board since I'd have very little time to work it out if it takes alot of time.

Regards

As I already wrote you will definitively have faster translations and less server load. The translation itself is using same hooks as in free version so it suppose to work. Because vBET was not tested on vBulletin 3.6 I'm not able to tell you which of other features can not work to well. Please check which of given hooks are supported by vB 3.6 and if some is not we will tell you then what will not work properly. Also you can just think about updating vB itself...

How would the installing be done?

Uninstall the free version and delete all database references and delete all ftp folders and then install the paid for version?

Uninstall old one. Install new one.

For uninstall, the old one it is enough to do this by Admin CP. Of course if you do not want to have not used files on your FTP, you can also remove those.

Installing new one looks just like old one - upload files, import product file, configure. Also - for vBSEO integration there are additional steps - described very well in readme.html file

I purchased the 'Paid 4 Version', I'll install it tomorrow but I'd like that you'd add another category inside the licensing section: Mobile and Telecommunications...

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast