Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix for those of you running Tweet Poster

Default Fix for those of you running Tweet Poster

I found that after upgrading to vBET 3.3.2 tweet poster stopped automatically updating. I was getting an error on the line that is added to functions_vbseo_createurl.php when manually running the tweet poster task.

Here's what you need to edit to get things working again... (or any mod that uses vbseo url's)

in functions_twitterposter.php AFTER
    Code:
    require_once(DIR . '/includes/functions_vbseo.php');
    add
    Code:
    require_once(DIR . '/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_vbseo.php');
    re-upload the file

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Great We didn't think about it.

It will be better if you put:
    PHP Code:
    require_once(DIR '/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_vbseo.php'); 
    inside of vbseo file functions_vbseo_createurl.php - somewhere at the beginning. Thanks that all plugins using vBSEO URLs will work (also Sitemap Generator integration will be easier). Please check it - we will include it in integration instructions for nest release.

It appears that there is one even better solution - because it will not require any additional files edition. We will add this require_once into init_startup hook. It will work for all plugins This will be included in next release.

Fix included in vBET 3.3.3

Is there a way to stop tweets from tweet poster being tweeted in the posters original language?

Really i need the tweets posted in english, does someone have an idea?

Regards,
    SImon

I do not know details how this mod works. Generally vBET allows to define texts which will not be translated. If it is included in template then you can just put it inside of not translated area so between <!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA-->. In case of messages (so posts, PM etc.) you can use text inside of notranslate bbcode.

Please tell does it help.

Thanks Michal, but it doesn't help the tweet poster tweets (posts to twitter) automatically but tweets it in the language of the poster not the translated language.

here's one tweet in polish but should have been englsih http://twitter.com/thecodecagecom/status/26576603442 but it appears on my site as englsh http://bit.ly/cNJukU
    Last edited by Simon Lloyd; 11-10-10 at 02:41.

I do not understand how it works. Please explain. You display content of your forum on external application? Or the opposite? How the content is imported/exported?...

Also as I see it is written in Polish (probably - cannot check other translations, because exceeded maximum number of viewed posts). Please just go there and click Edit on post - you will see what is real language there.

Quote Originally Posted by vBET View Post
    I do not understand how it works. Please explain. You display content of your forum on external application? Or the opposite? How the content is imported/exported?...
    The tweet poster is a mod at vbulletin.org (i can let you have the mod if you wish), when a post is made ON my forum then the post is TWEETED (sent to twitter) automatically by the mod, if another post is then made it will again get TWEETED.

In short the content isn't imported or exported really, it's actually sent as a post to Twitter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast