Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: white page when translating rss feeds

Default white page when translating rss feeds

i get a blank page when i view any of the translated rss feeds, any ideas why?

thanks.

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Which type of RSS are you testing - please send full URL. Does it happens on original RSS also or just on translated one?

Just translated RSS, normal RSS is fine, you have my forum URL, you can test it there.

OK - I see it on your forum. Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce it on our forums.

It would be best if we get access to your forum and check it - it can be also test instance/copy - it just have to behave same way. Without reproducing the issue we cannot work on it. Can you please PM me access details to your Admin CP and FTP? As I wrote it can be some test instance - I just need behavior not the content. Or at least do you have any error logs about RSS?...

As you can check here and on this forum RSS are working fine. On our test forums also. At this moment you are the only one who has the issue and your forum is the only place where we can check it.

I am the only admin on my forum, please give me instructions for troubleshooting.

I'm afraid that it is too complicated and requires interaction - we need to find cause of the issue. I would be able to give you quick fix instructions if I knew what happens there and be able to reproduce it on my side. Without knowing where the bug is we simply have no clue about how, what and do fix it (it can be caused by conflict by some other mod, wrong configuration...). Without possibility to reproduce it we do not know does our changes fixes the issue. And you are the only one who have the issue. That is why it would be best if we have access - even to your test forum. As I already wrote I do not need your forum content I just need it's behavior. I understand that you do not want to share access to your real forum. Do you have test instance where same thing happens?

At this moment for simplest instructions please open file /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_external.php and determine where code stops evaluating by putting echo 'TEST 1'; (and changing number for each echo) between code lines. If you know what is binary search then use this algorithm. Evaluation starts in function vbet_translateExternal.

If you think that you are able to determine where the issue is then we can do it this way, but it will take much more time - especially on your side, what is not necessary because you have our support. Of course we understand that you do not want our full support, so let's try do it your way.

Getting another issue here Computer Juice - Site Spy

Seems the script is not getting the css file properly and is looking in wrong place for images...

- I will try what you said for other issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vBET View Post
    I'm afraid that it is too complicated and requires interaction - we need to find cause of the issue. I would be able to give you quick fix instructions if I knew what happens there and be able to reproduce it on my side. Without knowing where the bug is we simply have no clue about how, what and do fix it (it can be caused by conflict by some other mod, wrong configuration...). Without possibility to reproduce it we do not know does our changes fixes the issue. And you are the only one who have the issue. That is why it would be best if we have access - even to your test forum. As I already wrote I do not need your forum content I just need it's behavior. I understand that you do not want to share access to your real forum. Do you have test instance where same thing happens?

At this moment for simplest instructions please open file /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_external.php and determine where code stops evaluating by putting echo 'TEST 1'; (and changing number for each echo) between code lines. If you know what is binary search then use this algorithm. Evaluation starts in function vbet_translateExternal.

If you think that you are able to determine where the issue is then we can do it this way, but it will take much more time - especially on your side, what is not necessary because you have our support. Of course we understand that you do not want our full support, so let's try do it your way.
    Your telling me if you were evaluation this problem you would spend hours adding echo 'TEST 1'; beneath each and every line of code in that file... really?

No - I never wrote anything like that. I have no idea why you even think about that...

Those where hints for you, because those where easiest to describe. 1st - you miss the point about binary search. 2nd - we have ways to do this without any output changing and we are able to do this fast, cause we know our code and have lot of experience in finding bugs or conflicts with other plugins.

Anyway - your question doesn't give you any step closer to the solution. We offer you our full support. You can accept what you paid for, or you can refuse it. We will honor you decision and try to help you even if you refuse our support. Still please focus on issue - you want try to do this yourself, then please fallow our hints. You want us to safe your time, please let us in. Please note that all our intentions are to help you.

Right, and the point i am making is i can follow instructions, so, please give me instructions.

I do not want to give you access as you have no online reputation, the ONLY people i give access to my forums are me, vbulletin and vbseo, because i can trust them.

You are new to me, so, i would prefer to have instructions, not full support.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast