Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URL's not working correctly when apostrophe in title

Default URL's not working correctly when apostrophe in title

See example here: V'mail problems w/ unlocked V3 on *********

The flag links at the bottom are going to /********/t194603-v'

Everything after the ' is being cut off

okay, something strange is happening. Since the word m otorola (without the space) is filtered on this site, the url is being redirected. On the redirection the ' is turning into %27. With %27 in the url things work fine. If you replace %27 with a ' you'll see what I'm referring to. The same does not happen on this forum, I'm guessing because the URL settings for vbSEO are not allowing special characters.

Banned

vBSEO should cut or replace special characters. I have not found a link on your site with special characters. Do vBSEO not replaced somewhere special characters in link?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin Kalak View Post
    vBSEO should cut or replace special characters. I have not found a link on your site with special characters. Do vBSEO not replaced somewhere special characters in link?
    No, it is not replacing special characters. Do you know how to set things so it does?

Banned

No. We support the configuration of vBET, not vBSEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin Kalak View Post
    No. We support the configuration of vBET, not vBSEO.
    Yeah, I know, but this setting in vbSEO is causing vBET to fail in the specific case

Banned

Are the links with ' will appear on the site? Does that cause issue you need to enter ' manually?
    You can try to insert a rule in the AdminCP->vBSEO->Control Panel->General Setings->Character Replacement.

The character replacement does not work unless Remove/Replace non-english characters in URLs is on. If it is turned on then naturally the non-english characters are then removed/replaced

Banned

Have you tried to add a rule to Define your Custom Character Replacements in AdminCP->vBSEO->Control Panel->General Setings->Character Replacement?

Are the links with ' will appear on the site? Does that cause issue you need to enter ' manually?

yes I added this rule: '''=>'' but it has no effect. I also tried changing "Disable "urlencoding" in URLs ?" but this does not work correctly.

The only reason I noticed this is because Google like to take encoded URL's and change the encoding to the character. In the example above %27 is changed to ' and then Google indexes the different languages with ' in the URL. But in this case the URL's are being cutoff. If you change %27 to ' manually it does not redirect to %27.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast