Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DBSEO support

Default DBSEO support

Hi

I used VBSEO until it recently went offline and is not going to be supported anymore.

I have now gone to use DBSEO as it seems to only good alternative

IS there a way we can work together to find a way to support DBSEO url's for VBET as i want to use both plugins. I am happy to help with testing etc.

In VBSEO there were many modifications necassary for VBET to work correctly.

Will it be the same for DBSEO ? if so could you let me know what the main concerns are so i can try to make the changes on my test site so it will work.

thanks

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Since you have VB4.x we suggest to use friendly URLs - it is included in vB and gives you SEO friendly links which ware supported in vBET. So please just configure your vB to use friendly URLs and vBET will automatically translate those No integration needed. Also please look to our readme file, because there is some information about configuration with friendly URLs.

I would like to see this integration as well.

hi

i needed to utilise dbseo to ensure the existing url structure was kept. My rankings etc for the site are dependant on either those urls being kept or correctly 301 to new urls. DBSEO does this and as such i need to ensure i use it.

I will open a new thread now as i just installed the full vbet and now none of the translations work at all.

It was partially working with the free version but not pro for some reason.

At this moment we are not planning to integrate with dbseo. I understood that you want to keep your URL structure. You could test those friendly URLs keep it. Maybe dbseo works similar way.

If not then you can try to integrate yourself on your own risk, but be aware that if you change vBET code then you will have to change it again after each vBET update.

I do not know how exactly dbseo works. Is it working by plugins or like vBSEO adds front controller. If it is working similar to vBSEO then you can base on vBSEO integration as example. Anyway if you want only have working SEO links this should be quite easy. If you want have translated URLs - this can be more tricky.

Are there still no plans to support this DBSEO integration? I want the mod but can't install it if it doesn't.

At this moment we do not plan to support it. vBulletin has its own native friendly URLs. This is what finished vBSEO and most probably other plugins which gives functionality which is already included will die, or will be used rarely. So we do not think there is need on market to support it.

It seems to do more than friendly URLs. I have DBSEO installed on a pretty large/busy forum.

For people like me who are looking for technical solutions to increase traffic, especially people willing to spend a little money, we will try it anyway. We will also look at things like your mod too. However they are incompatible. I am fairly sure you will lose customers.

Thanks for your opinion. A this moment we do not plan to support DBSEO.

Quote Originally Posted by siparker View Post
    i needed to utilise dbseo to ensure the existing url structure was kept. My rankings etc for the site are dependant on either those urls being kept or correctly 301 to new urls. DBSEO does this and as such i need to ensure i use it.
    This. Since vbseo is no longer supported we at least need a way to 301 the translated URLs to the new ones after switching to DBSEO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast