Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.

Thread: 404s to Language??? I updated my htaccess and

Default 404s to Language??? I updated my htaccess and

Id like to know WHY this is still happening IT HAS TO STOP, I had under 50 errors per day before adding VBet :P Now I had 10000, and I had that installed for less than 10 hours, NICE man nice

The rules were removed from htaccess the sameday the issues started, so its not there, and I deleted all the files and Im not interested in downloading the files :P just give me instructions to stop this bs

Code:
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/z​h-C​N/f​100​/wh​at-​do-​you​-do​-ol​d-p​art​s-a​fte​r-y​ou-​upg​rad​e-y​our​-pc​-11​81/​?la​ngu​age​=fi  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/b​g/f​90/  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/u​k/f​121​/re​d-o​rch​est​ra-​2-b​eta​-se​rve​rs-​128​4/?​lan​gua​ge=​fr  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/b​g/f​121​/re​d-o​rch​est​ra-​2-b​eta​-se​rve​rs-​128​4/?​lan​gua​ge=​fr  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/v​i/f​42/​so-​i-g​ot-​som​e-n​ew-​gam​es-​i-w​ond​eri​ng-​127​2/?​lan​gua​ge=​cs  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/t​r/f​52/​tit​le-​col​or-​one​-ti​me-​cha​nge​-10​70/​?la​ngu​age​=bg  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/b​g/f​121​/re​d-o​rch​est​ra-​2-b​eta​-se​rve​rs-​128​4/?​lan​gua​ge=​fr  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/v​i/f​42/​so-​i-g​ot-​som​e-n​ew-​gam​es-​i-w​ond​eri​ng-​127​2/?​lan​gua​ge=​cs  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/t​r/f​52/​tit​le-​col​or-​one​-ti​me-​cha​nge​-10​70/​?la​ngu​age​=bg  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/i​d/f​121​/re​d-o​rch​est​ra-​2-b​eta​-se​rve​rs-​128​4/?​lan​gua​ge=​fr  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/s​l/f​121​/re​d-o​rch​est​ra-​2-b​eta​-se​rve​rs-​128​4/?​lan​gua​ge=​fr  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/h​u/f​121​/re​d-o​rch​est​ra-​2-b​eta​-se​rve​rs-​128​4/?​lan​gua​ge=​fr  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/d​e/f​100​/wh​at-​do-​you​-do​-ol​d-p​art​s-a​fte​r-y​ou-​upg​rad​e-y​our​-pc​-11​81/​?la​ngu​age​=fi  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/h​u/f​28/​min​ecr​aft​-se​rve​r-i​nfo​rma​tio​n-2​1/i​nde​x2.​htm​l?l​ang​uag​e=u​k  404 (Not found) unavailable
     Oct 18, 2011 
    htt​p:/​/fo​rum​s.t​ech​iea​nal​yst​.ne​t/n​l/f​16/​ste​am-​con​tac​ts-​79/​ind​ex3​.ht​ml?​lan​gua​ge=​ar
    Last edited by vBET; 20-10-11 at 13:39. Reason: BBCode added

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Hi. Please note that this is not issue with vBET - because you have vBET uninstalled. This is issue with search engines.

You uninstalled vBET, but some search engines already remembered your links. Links which points to not existing location - so it is OK that those show 404 error - cannot find something what doesn't exists

What you can do is:
    1. Wait until robots which remember those links will stop crawling it as those do not exists anymore.
    2. Add .htaccess rule which will 301 redirect all such links to original not translated page

Please note that 2nd solution is advised, because it will make robots to recognize immediately (after 1st visit) that those links do not exist anymore. Without redirection robot can many time try to visit the page thinking that this can be unavailable only temporary.

So please add to your .htaccess rules like this:
    Code:
    RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi|ht)/$ / [L,R=301]
    RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi|ht)/(.*)?$ /$2 [L,R=301]
    Use it and check one of those links are those correctly redirected. In case something goes wrong - please just send whole .htaccess content we will check is it set in appropriate place. Also you can just try to write in redirection whole URL, but this shouldn't be needed. Please confirm did it solved the issue.

Also please note that you need those rules only for some time - until search engines will not find out that URLs do not exists anymore. So you can remove those rules after some time.

How long does this happen for? Its been a few days and its still throwing over 3000 404s per day it seems

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

It can be even few months. Cannot tell you exactly - it depends for search engines robots not us.

Please just use redirection rules and the issue will be gone Also you can just forbid robots to go to translated URLs by robots.txt.
    So you have 2 easy solutions:
    1. Redirect robot when it came to historical link
    2. Forbidden robot to ho to historical link