Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Google has removed all indexed translated pages

Default Google has removed all indexed translated pages

Hi,
    Google has removed from the index all translated URL:

PHP Code:
    site:www.egiptoforo.com/forums/pt

site
    :www.egiptoforo.com/forums/en 

etc...

I found someone here in the forum that had the same problem but due to a mysql error. I don't know what's happening in my forum.
    I didn't change de robots.txt ...i happened today. I had indexed for example: 47.000 url in hebrew, 20.000 in french, etc....

Please help

Thanks
    Last edited by pepito69; 03-03-11 at 23:57.

vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) Staff

do you have any e-mail from google or mysql errors in log file? please write all informations.

No i did not recived any email from google and there are no mysql errors in my log.
    It was yesterday, and i did not touch anything.

as i know, the pages indexed inside a folder can removed if the pages are cannot accessed by google for long times (ie 24 hours or more)

from my experience, i have about 4,000 pages inside a folder domain.com/d/ using other mod (no related with vbet), but because that mod are broken for few days, after i check again in google site:domain.com/d/ all indexed pages are gone

try to get links from other sites to your each translated forum home page too, ie : get links from other sites to egiptoforo.com/forums/pt/ and egiptoforo.com/forums/en/

i think the problem is not in vbet, but in the forum/site/server

double check all thing, check google webmaster tools too https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

as i know, the pages indexed inside a folder can removed if the pages are cannot accessed by google for long times (ie 24 hours or more)
    This is not the case.

i had a lot of external links and a lot of pages.

In webmaster tools i have the classic problems in vbet: Low response and duplicate metatags and tittles. Nothing new....

I'm thinking in disable the mod and it was important for me. but i think that google don't like automatic content as they say in webmaster guide. Google is moving against that in my opinion. Hope to be wrong because Vbet, could be a wonderfull mod despite it well known problems and limitations.
    Look, i had thousends of URL indexed in translated versions and now nothing!
    Last edited by pepito69; 04-03-11 at 13:23.

Quote Originally Posted by pepito69 View Post
    This is not the case.

i had a lot of external links and a lot of pages.

In webmaster tools i have the classic problems in vbet: Low response and duplicate metatags and tittles. Nothing new....

I'm thinking in disable the mod and it was important for me. but i think that google don't like automatic content as they say in webmaster guide. Google is moving against that in my opinion. Hope to be wrong because Vbet, could be a wonderfull mod despite it well known problems and limitations.
    Look, i had thousends of URL indexed in translated versions and now nothing!
    we can wait and see, if there is other member that using vbet too get same problem, i see very many people using vbet specially the free version, because the threads views in this support forum are very many, and from vb.org Installed information

if the automatic pages are good quality, i think not many the pages indexed are reduced

and it is better if there is Manual translate feature too, to increase the translate quality, like i requested here, so its just like wikipedia, the article are same only translated manual to another language by the member

vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) Staff

please check your e-mail or log file and find some mysql errors or something like that.
    Do yu have a robots.txt file? can you paste a full content of this file?

Quote Originally Posted by pepito69 View Post
    I think your robots is overkill. I have never seen such
    a huge robots in my life. I think you should just use
    a standard robots that will keep spiders from indexing
    some of your forum directories, and thats it. You are
    trying to keep out every spider in the world, and I do
    not think that is a good thing...what are you afraid of?

Now that I think about this. I am on a vps, and I got hacker
    email report, and a google bot was on the banned ip list. Is
    it possible that your server has banned some bot ip's and
    if that is the case and they could not come back and spider,
    then would they not be de-indexed? I found it very weird
    that a google bot ended up on my banned ip list...so what
    could a google spider be doing to have gotten banned?

The problem is not robots.txt
    Thanks for your advice but the problem is only in trasnlated ones not on main forum. But i will simplify the robots...
    Thanks again but this mistery stills on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast