Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vBET and vBulletin 3.6

You got a PM

'f-(\d+).html' => 'f/archive/f-$1.html'
    Can someone modify this so that it can be added in the htaccess file?

Quote Originally Posted by basketmen View Post
    i am using vb 3.6 too, here is what i do so the vb archive working too, just want to share it, if some one can make it more perfect please share it too

1. Fixing the flags in archive
    , if the flags not showing in your archive pages, use this step

go to your admin panel --> Plugins & Products --> Plugin Manager --> search for plugin "Handle flags in archive" without quotes

find

Code:
    $metatags .= '
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/images/vbet/flags/vbet.css"/>';

replace vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) - Powered by vBulletin with your forum path, the flags not showing because wrong images pathor because the archive folder rewrited too in vbseo, so we are fixing it here

Code:
    $metatags .= '
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.yourdomain.com/forumfolderifany/images/vbet/flags/vbet.css"/>';

now reload and check again you archive, the flags should be showed in your archives pages too

2. If you use rewrited archive page using vbseo, and the link in translated archive page is wrong link you can fix it too

for example wrong link like this, it will get Page not found error

Code:
    http://www.domain.com/forum/es/f-2.html
    its should be like this, above url are missing a folder name in the bold below, some people using /archive/ ,or /sitemap/ folder name or other folder name

Code:
    http://www.domain.com/forum/es/archive/f-2.html

to fix this we can use vbseo CRR

go to your vbseocp.php --> Custom Rewrite Rules --> add this line (in the bottom of CRR column) if your archive folder name using /archive/ like this http://www.domain.com/forum/archive/

Code:
    'f-(\d+).html' => 'f/archive/f-$1.html'

if your archive folder using /sitemap/ folder name like this http://www.domain.com/forum/sitemap/ just change the folder name

Code:
    'f-(\d+).html' => 'f/sitemap/f-$1.html'

this will do the trick, you can use vbet for vb 3.6 archive pages

3. If you get error message like this in the top of archive page sometime (this is not related or because 2 step above)

use this meto instruction, i use it and its works
    This does not work on a non vBseo forum

Quote Originally Posted by mario06 View Post
    Can someone modify this so that it can be added in the htaccess file?
    maybe i am wrong how to write this in htaccess, but try this or this can be example, add in htaccess below RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule f-(.*).html$ f/archive/f-$1.html

or

RedirectMatch 301 f-(.*)\.html$ http://www.yourdomain.com/f/archive/f-$1.html

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

@Michael
    It isn't finished because you've decided it, it's finished when I solve the problem.
    Regards
    Please read carefully - as finished is considered discussion about what you paid for (this is what we was writing about in last posts) and I asked you to not write same messages.
    Of course as long as you have the issue and want to give some new information you are absolutely free to do it. Just as I wrote:
    "Please note that this discussion is considered as finished. Unless you have something new to write, please do not spam."

Please read it whole again if you want to be sure about meaning of this quote:
    http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co....html#post4588

Also if you took impression that you are not allowed to write here, please take my apologies for this misunderstanding. I will keep my attention to be more precise in the future. Sorry again

There's a member here that found a workaround for this problem but he uses vBSEO and I don't so it doesn't work for me. I don't understand why you can't provide a fix without accessing my servers, like I said I will not give my server details out.

If this member fixed the coding himself then why aren't you able to do so since you're the coder? Like I said and showed in the above threads that your fix in the first post works but the flags aren't showing (they're invisible) but when you hover over them with your mouse you can see them and click to translate like normal, I'm talking about the archive flags of course.

You tell me not to write the same messages but I MUST considering that I'm still here with no support.

PS. I understand English very well considering that it's my Mother Language.

Regards

There's a member here that found a workaround for this problem but he uses vBSEO and I don't so it doesn't work for me. I don't understand why you can't provide a fix without accessing my servers, like I said I will not give my server details out.

If this member fixed the coding himself then why aren't you able to do so since you're the coder? Like I said and showed in the above threads that your fix in the first post works but the flags aren't showing (they're invisible) but when you hover over them with your mouse you can see them and click to translate like normal, I'm talking about the archive flags of course.

You tell me not to write the same messages but I MUST considering that I'm still here with no support.

Regards
    i think i just lucky before and its maybe not perfect, also i am sure if i give my ftp details to Michał he can solved it too, i already purchase a integration/installation service $30 before, and its done even its need time, i believe Michał is one of greatest coder that using vbulletin, just try more cooperative with him and give hints that can help

btw i just considering to remove the archive feature in vb after read this thread and this post, because they said its enough with sitemap generator
    Last edited by basketmen; 15-09-10 at 08:20.

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Regards
    You are with no support, because you refused our support. Also vBet 3.x officially supports only vBulletin 3.8 what you know wery well. You are using vBET on not supported vBulletin version - on vBulletin 3.6 which is much older than supported vBulletin 3.8

Questions you gave was already answered - I think that more that once - I do not want to repeat again and again, please just read previous messages.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123