Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vBET and vBulletin 3.6

Free help??? When I paid $30 you never said anything about a one time deal, on the contrary here is a copy of your PM response (censored of course) that clearly states that you would give me the fix on every update:

These are your words:
    I will prepare you special document with necessary steps after each update(clearly means future vBET versions) to integrate with vbulletin 3.6 -> In plain English this means that on every vBET update I had to follow your special document for integration with vBulletin 3.6.

I'm waiting for the 2 step fix as paid for.
    Last edited by mario06; 19-08-10 at 08:43.

vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) Staff

As Michał wrote - we cant reproduce it and still need access to admincp and FTP so please if you can - PM to me or vBET

I followed the above guide to the letter, the flags are there but invisibile but when you pass the mouse over it you se en pl ecc... just like I said the flags are not showing.

This is the only difference that I've noticed between 3.3.4 ans 3.3.6

3.3.4:
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/images/vbet/flags/vbet.css"/>';
    3.3.6:
    Code:
    $style['css'] .= '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/images/vbet/flags/vbet.css"/>';
    As you can see something in this area has clearly changed causing me the problems

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mario06 View Post
    Free help??? When I paid $30 you never said anything about a one time deal, on the contrary here is a copy of your PM response (censored of course) that clearly states that you would give me the fix on every update:

These are your words:
    I will prepare you special document with necessary steps after each update(clearly means future vBET versions) to integrate with vbulletin 3.6 -> In plain English this means that on every vBET update I had to follow your special document for integration with vBulletin 3.6.

I'm waiting for the 2 step fix as paid for.
    This is not true. You paid for integration service and this service was delivered. Also - please stop trying to manipulate our staff. This text which you are showing, it means that after update you will remove our changes and you have to do it again, otherwise you simply return to default code. It doesn't means that we guarantee that it will work on other versions. We cannot guarantee this, because we do not support vB 3.6.

If you want to quote publicly our private discussion this is what I wrote you before you paid:
    I just logged in and first thing which I saw is that you have unsupported vBulletin version - vBET3.x is officially supported on vBulletin 3.8 version. You have 3.6... So there is no any vBET bug.
    Anyway - even that we do not need to spend even a minute for that issue we ill check it. If I will be able find issue fast then there is no problem. If not then we advise to:
    - update vBulletin (best)
    - or just disable all vBET hoks for archive and stay without archive pages translation
    - or bought integration service for $30, bur because it is on not supported vBulletin version we cannot assure you that we even will be able to make it work (we simply do not know that version and what is supported there).

Also please give us FTP access right now. I need to check does your version even supports all of hooks.
    I put some text in red – just as you do it, to pay your attention on it. The text in bold was also bold in my PM.

You never paid for instructions - I wrote it and publish it because I wanted to do this and I wrote the text which you are pointing at after you paid for integration service - so please do not manipulate our staff by trying to convince that it was part of agreement. Whole agreement is in text which is above. You even asked to write thanks for you in this thread, because you didn't liked the idea that I wrote those instructions.

Please note: you already got what you paid for. You got integration and your archive pages was working as much as it was possible for vB 3.6

Now we offer you free support even that we do not have to do this - vB 3.6 is not and newer will be officially supported. If you want us to solve your issue - please PM access details just like you did it before.

We offer you free support for this issue, even that we do not have to do this. We did it for the very beginning of this issue. We do not know what you are trying to accomplish here by refusing to accept our support and in same time asking again for it, screaming and pointing in red some text in very manipulative way, but please note that out statement in this issue is official and final: vBET 3.x officially supports vBulletin 3.8. Older vBulletin versions are not officially supported. We offer you support and will to solve this issue for free. We find no joy in strange game which you play here. You already send us access once and we solved your issue according to integration service which you paid for - just do it again and we will do it for free this time, even that you are using vBulletin version which is not officially supported. This offer is available until 25th of this month. After this day we will no longer offer you free service in this case. You can take it or refuse it - it is your own choice. And only you are responsible for your own choices. We really want to help you very strong, but we are not able to do this against your own will.
    Last edited by vBET; 21-08-10 at 16:21.

I followed the above guide to the letter, the flags are there but invisibile but when you pass the mouse over it you se en pl ecc... just like I said the flags are not showing.

This is the only difference that I've noticed between 3.3.4 ans 3.3.6

3.3.4:
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/images/vbet/flags/vbet.css"/>';
    3.3.6:
    Code:
    $style['css'] .= '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/images/vbet/flags/vbet.css"/>';
    As you can see something in this area has clearly changed causing me the problems
    No we cannot without living vB 3.6 instance with vBET installed there. We cannot guess how looks vB 3.6 code and how it will behave after some changes. We need to check it and see it live, and we cannot do it on our forums, because we do not have such old version and do not officially support it. Also please note that the change you describe was made because of bug report - previously link to CSS was in wrong HTML section. If you just want to have it working - please just undo this change which you noticed. If you want it to work with appropriate HTML structure - we need access to your forum and check the possibility to put our link inside of HTML head section.

This is what you wrote before adding the fix:

I just logged in and first thing which I saw is that you have unsupported vBulletin version - vBET3.x is officially supported on vBulletin 3.8 version. You have 3.6... So there is no any vBET bug.
    Anyway - even that we do not need to spend even a minute for that issue we ill check it. If I will be able find issue fast then there is no problem. If not then we advise to:
    - update vBulletin (best)
    - or just disable all vBET hoks for archive and stay without archive pages translation
    - or bought integration service for $30, bur because it is on not supported vBulletin version we cannot assure you that we even will be able to make it work (we simply do not know that version and what is supported there).

Also please give us FTP access right now. I need to check does your version even supports all of hooks.

This is what you wrote after applying the fix which means after the above PM and it clearly states -> I will prepare you special document with necessary steps after each update to integrate with vbulletin 3.6 -> In plain English this means that on every vBET update I had to follow your special document for integration with vBulletin 3.6. So don't reword everything so that it seems straight for you because the English Language isn't a theory.

I can not give my server logins for security reasons and again I don't know why you cannot send me the hook.php file to upload to the server myself.

You just repeat what both me and you already wrote. This was already discussed and it was already explained - please note that writing same messages is considered as spam. If you just want to write again same thing we will have to start to remove such notices because those made only garbage for future users. This is public place and spam is not allowed. Please read again your message here:
    http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co....html#post4533
    and my answer here:
    http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co....html#post4578

You also was already answered for question why we cannot just made modification and send it to you - see here:
    http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co....html#post4579

Also please note that you already send us once access details to your forum, so argument about security reason is hard to believe. And since beginning of using vBET you know that you are using it on not supported vBulletin version - each issue on your forum will require our access there (if we will to support it, because we do not have to).

As I wrote - I do not understand what kind of game you are plying by refusing our free help and in same time demand it, but we are tried of this. You have solution - give us access details just like you did it before. If you do not want our help - it is your choice. Because of your strange attitude and waist of time by repeating same thing in circle, we made this proposition limited - see previous pots. We are very happy to help you - but cannot do it against your own will.

Please note that this discussion is considered as finished. Unless you have something new to write, please do not spam. We gave you solution - free support on your forum and solving the issue. Take it or not - your choice. Please note that we will be really happy to help you

i am using vb 3.6 too, here is what i do so the vb archive working too, just want to share it, if some one can make it more perfect please share it too

1. Fixing the flags in archive
    , if the flags not showing in your archive pages, use this step

go to your admin panel --> Plugins & Products --> Plugin Manager --> search for plugin "Handle flags in archive" without quotes

find

Code:
    $metatags .= '

replace vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) - Powered by vBulletin with your forum path, the flags not showing because wrong images pathor because the archive folder rewrited too in vbseo, so we are fixing it here

Code:
    $metatags .= '
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.yourdomain.com/forumfolderifany/images/vbet/flags/vbet.css"/>';

now reload and check again you archive, the flags should be showed in your archives pages too

2. If you use rewrited archive page using vbseo, and the link in translated archive page is wrong link you can fix it too

for example wrong link like this, it will get Page not found error

Code:
    http://www.domain.com/forum/es/f-2.html
    its should be like this, above url are missing a folder name in the bold below, some people using /archive/ ,or /sitemap/ folder name or other folder name

Code:
    http://www.domain.com/forum/es/archive/f-2.html

to fix this we can use vbseo CRR

go to your vbseocp.php --> Custom Rewrite Rules --> add this line (in the bottom of CRR column) if your archive folder name using /archive/ like this http://www.domain.com/forum/archive/

Code:
    'f-(\d+).html' => 'f/archive/f-$1.html'

if your archive folder using /sitemap/ folder name like this http://www.domain.com/forum/sitemap/ just change the folder name

Code:
    'f-(\d+).html' => 'f/sitemap/f-$1.html'

this will do the trick, you can use vbet for vb 3.6 archive pages

3. If you get error message like this in the top of archive page sometime (this is not related or because 2 step above)

Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for [path]/vbet_guestcache/pl/_showthread_php_t_295527.html in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_guestcache.php on line 53

use this meto instruction, i use it and its works
    Last edited by basketmen; 09-09-10 at 00:19.

@Michael
    It isn't finished because you've decided it, it's finished when I solve the problem.
    Regards

@basketman
    did you do this all by yourself? That's great I'll try it in the next few days and let you know.
    Regards mate

PS. Do I have disregard everything in the first post and simply do your modding?
    Do I just do the 2 first steps since I don't have vBSEO?
    Last edited by mario06; 10-09-10 at 16:06.

@Michael
    It isn't finished because you've decided it, it's finished when I solve the problem.
    Regards

@basketman
    did you do this all by yourself? That's great I'll try it in the next few days and let you know.
    Regards mate
    i just using already fixing code in this thread and another forum and have many testing

i already use it for few days and its still working, pm me if you need my url

PS. Do I have disregard everything in the first post and simply do your modding?
    Do I just do the 2 first steps since I don't have vBSEO?
    ah this can be different case, the problem no.1 and 2 i get i think caused by vbseo, because vbseo rewrited my archive pages

you can try Michał code first, if its not working, try mine, try it with your experiment, and make sure you have file backup to restore if the edited file not working
    Last edited by basketmen; 10-09-10 at 16:12.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast