Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.

Thread: Any one got VBET working with nginx as proxy

Cool Any one got VBET working with nginx as proxy

as per recommendations of vb.com i got nginx installed on server positive this is load is down from 25+ to 5 bad thing is site translations stopped working completely, i am forced to remove mod which i bought to improve my traffic

my site details :-

vbulletin 4.0.3 latest
    vbseo 3.5.0 pre release
    apache 2.2.x
    latest nginx proxy to serve static content

thanks in advance

never mind i got it to work, some changes made in server by my server admins

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Glad you handled this - anyway for others: Yes vBET is working with nginx (confirmed on client forum). In next release rules will be applied in package. For now use those (need to adopt to your forum directory):
    Code:
    location /forums/ {

rewrite ^/forums/((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ /forums/vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 last;

rewrite ^/forums/(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/ last;
    rewrite ^/forums/(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/$2 last;

if (!-e $request_filename) {
    rewrite ^/forums/(.*)$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php last;
    }

}

if ($request_filename ~ "\.php$" ) {
    rewrite ^/forums/(.*)$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php last;
    }

is this rule for nginx as proxy ?

Those are rules for nginx. I do not know is there a difference if you are using it just as proxy. As I wrote we got confirmation form one of our clients that it is running OK on nginx. Do you have any troubles with those rules?

i think those rules are for nginx as main web server, we have nginx as proxy to apache to serve static content, previously when i hit translate i used to get gateway timeout error, my techs have fixed it

OK so - sorry for confusion and great that you handled it. Can you share your solution with others?

it was nginx wait time issue , sorry i cant disclose much since it was handled by management company who just replied "it has been fixed" lol

Text automatically translated from: Russian to: English
    Translated text
    Good day!

I have Nginx as proxy to Apache, these rules are not working, get error 500.
    Original text

Please open new thread for your issue and give there more details - which rules did you use?
    Are you using booth - Nginx and Apache? If you have Apache did you try use .htaccess?

Please describe it in separate thread - this one is for other customer issue and it is already solved.
    (at this moment I see translations are working well on your forum - please provide also URL to broken page)