Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgraded to latest version 4101BF today for lang link rel="alternate" hreflang

hmm I thought dragonbyte was the only option after vbseo. let me investigate removing all together

Quick Q.. looking at the built in version in vb 4.5 i can pretty much keep all urls as they are, but its not adding .html by default and I see your url's gere are adding .html Any help in that would be great as it appears that not an option inside the friendly URL section.

Q2 - I am still tied to the VBSEO functions with VBET, I do not recall if there was a mod/setting to USE VBSEO with VBET that I can not locate to disable as well.

Hope to clean this all up and get working correctly here soon! thanks

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

In this forum we still have vBSEO. We are using native vBulletin SEO on our test forum and there we do not have added .html
    In internet you can find articles about moving from vBSEO to native vBulletin SEO. One of those: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...and-fixing-url
    This one is not perfect - it suggest 301 redirect to old URL, but after that vBulletin should use itself another 301 redirect to his new SEO URL. This is not perfect for performance (1 additional redirect), but this will happen only for those who came from old URL from some links or from indexed pages. With time Google will reindex it and if 301 is used it should be without harm to your SEO (Google will just know that the page has new URL). You can look for other articles, maybe you will find how to redirect directly to new URL. Anyway - this is one of solutions.

Configuration of vBulletin functionality and other mods is out of our scope. We will help you with vBET configuration. You can ask vBulletin team about native SEO configuration, since this is their functionality and they know it best.

So your not afraid of the VBSE issues wioth security? I have a full license from VBSEO still not sure if i can DL the code anymore though,.

Would be ice to re-direct all urls to new ones as friendly urls I think, a bit afraid of the mass move though

We didn't had any security issues with vBSEO and we are not aware of such.

If you change your SEO links you should make redirection. Otherwise you will loose your traffic from outside links (which points to not existing URLs) and you will loose in search engines which will see that all already indexed content disappear. Pages under new URLs will be indexed as new content instead of just be reindexed under new URL. That is why we have 301 redirection - not just to redirect, but also to tell that old content changed permanently its address. This is one reason why we do not want to change our SEO engine, but if you already did it, you should take care about redirection from old URLs to new ones.

I dont want to change it lol, but I have to apperently. VBSEO has 2 major exploits and that's why they closed down. I was hit with one pretty hard where all google traffic was re-directed.

Thanks for information. In my opinion major reason of closing vBSEO is that the functionality is already included in vBulletin since 4.0, so people stop buying vBSEO. There was no sense to spend another dollars for something what you already got. Otherwise vBSEO team would just make update and get rid of exploits. But this is just my opinion.

At this moment I will mark this thread as solved, since we find out that there is nothing wrong with vBET in this area, you just use not supported SEO engine. You can use native vBulletin SEO engine with vBET without any additional plugins for it. In case if you choose to do it and still have issues, please write here or open new thread.

VBSEO closed their doors when the exploit hit, there is no update! I am looking to remove all together and go with the vb built in but need to take it slow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123