Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.

Thread: VBET addition - simple word or phrase replacement via location

Default VBET addition - simple word or phrase replacement via location

WIth new restrictions for different countries some phrases I would love the ability to do the basic word replace that vb has but based on geo locations.

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

At this moment vBET supports manual translation, where you can manually correct translated sentences (if user has appropriate rights).

I'm not sure do I understand your need. What restrictions for countries are you writing about? What word replace in vB you are writing about? Can you point this functionality by giving path to the function (in Admin CP? On forum?). If I see what you compare your need to I will probably better understand it. As I understand you want to make those replacements in translated sentences - right? And those suppose to be done ad hoc, differently for different clients, not hard replacement in database - right? How you want to determine geo location? By some headers? By ip (based on additional external service which will punish performance, or you have your local service for it)?

THe functionality in VB is just the - Admin CP>Styles & Templates>Replacement Variable Manager where you can say replace "Foo" With "Bar" but this is on all pages. In the UK in my industry there are phrases we can no longer user like "free spins" must bew "welcome spins" but that is only for the UK. there are more examples as well. May be easier to modify the vb code on replacement variables with 2 letter location code, i have not looked that far yet.

As I see this functionality in vB is bound to styles and you can create separate replacement for different style. As I see in code the change is made directly in database. If you want us to make similar replacement for cached translations, then I think we can do this. Simple select with chosen phrase and update to new one. You could chose for which language you want to make the replacement, but you cannot choose for which country - we have translation to Spanish and that's it, we do not make separate translations for every country which uses this language. Location code will do nothing here, just language code.

OK maybee ill look to make a replacement at page rendering then, as i see storing for location on top of language would become huge.

The replacement you are talking about (in vB) works for predefined test only - so only for phrases. It doesn’t touch posts, so I think we shouldn't do it either, especially for translations. So as I see it, it is not really needed - yes?

NO, not as part of the translator, that would not be a good fit as then were storing to the 2nd power.. I think ill try and do a simple remove html elements then str_ireplace then place back html at page generation and see if that will work. jest need a hook location where page is assembled but not displayed

Please consider that any changes in files will be lost when you update your vBulletin.

As I understand there is no need for vBET changes.

No, No need to integrate with vBet, I did not consider the language VS location