Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How does it works - manual about multi language support

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Default How does it works - manual about multi language support

This article describes how automatic translation works. For Manual Translation description please see here: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co...nslations.html
    If you want to avoid translation of part of the text, see here: How to make some text not translated?.

I don't know how much you are impressed by multi language support till now and hope you will be impressed even more when you find out how easy it is in usage

First of all mod supports user default language. It is set in registration form and can be changed in User CP. So if user has set his default language, then he does nothing... Just writes posts in his language, and vBET takes care about everything. In such case - when user has set default language it is assumed that whole post (including title) is written in his default language. It will be configurable soon, but at his moment there is simple assumption: if user has set default language and it is different than forum default language, then each his message is in language which he choose as his default.

You can also create multi language messages, where only parts of message are in different languages. This is very easy - everything what you need to do it put text written in different language inside of lang BBCode. It takes one parameter which is the language code. I.e. if you want to write something in Polish, then BBCode looks like this lang=pl.
    See whole example (spaces in BBCode added to avoid evaluation):
    [ lang=pl]Przykład tekstu po polsku[ /lang]

This example (without spaces in BBCode) will give you such result:
    Text automatically translated from: Polish to: English
    Translated text
    Example of text in Polish
    Original text

There is also one more BBCode which works exactly as lang BBCode, but it's reserved for posts titles only. It is langtitle BBCode - it is used by vBET to automatically mark message of user which set theirs default language other than forum default language. It shouldn't be used manually, and if you want to use it such way, then remember to put whole message inside of lang BBCode using same language code as parameter in booth BBCodes (otherwise some parts of translated RSS channels can be not translated appropriately, but posts will be shown appropriately).

Since vBET 3.2.0 you can also use automatic language detection. So in case if user will write a message without lang BBCode, then vBET will automatically recognize what is the language of this message and mark it appropriately. You can even choose when to trust automatic language detection and when to trust message author
    Last edited by Marcin Kalak; 31-08-12 at 10:56.

Banned

Default Editing Translations

Is there a way to update the cache if the Google Translation is not exactly correct? Admins can edit the original post, but can they provide a better human translation in place of content from the Enterprise Translator?

Quote Originally Posted by rstankiewicz View Post
    Is there a way to update the cache if the Google Translation is not exactly correct? Admins can edit the original post, but can they provide a better human translation in place of content from the Enterprise Translator?
    We were thinking about it (such translations could be marked to avoid deletion from cache), but unfortunately Google does not allows for that. According to Google conditions you are not allowed to modify results of Google translations. So we cannot add such possibly.

We cannot do that, but we are thinking about better integration with vBulletin phrases. It is not investigated yet but it is on our TODO list, to make possible to use on translated pages also appropriate phrases. This solution will not handle better posts translations, but it will handle your issue with all vBulletin texts. You will only need to install phrases fro some language and it will be done. Those are our plans in this area

Banned

ขอบคุณที่คุณ vBET ส่ง กระทู้นี้มาให้อ่าน

ผมได้โพสข้อความนี้ โดยจากการ เซ็ตภาษาเป็นไทย (Thai default) แล้วก็โพส

Quote Originally Posted by websnow View Post
    ขอบคุณที่คุณ vBET ส่ง กระทู้นี้มาให้อ่าน

ผมได้โพสข้อความนี้ โดยจากการ เซ็ตภาษาเป็นไทย (Thai default) แล้วก็โพส
    Please use lang BBCode or set your default language in User CP - just as described in this manual

Banned

Text automatically translated from: Thai to: English
    Translated text
    Thank you vBET Members to read.

I have posted this message on to set the language to Thai (Thai default), then post.
    Original text

Banned

Translated text
    Wow, really great.
    Original text

This text was not translated, because it is originally in English wow great

Banned

Hello vBET

I got questions

1. When I set my default to THAI and then I reply post in Thai
    after this i change language to English

result is I still see my post in Thai not english. it should display english

Translated text
    Wow, really great.
    Original text

This text was not translated, because it is originally in English wow great
    I'm glad you like it And - you do not have to use lang bbcode if you are writing in forum language. In this case "wow great" don't have to be in lang BBCode - this BBCode is to support messages written in different languages that your forum has.

Hello vBET

I got questions

1. When I set my default to THAI and then I reply post in Thai
    after this i change language to English

result is I still see my post in Thai not english. it should display english
    Just look on your URL - you are looking on translated page Simply click English flag and you will see whole forum in English - including your messages which was written in Thai

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast