Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.

Thread: Major issue with duplicate content

Default Major issue with duplicate content

I have a major issue with duplicate content. I currently have a limit on the amount of characters that are translated a day with Google Translator because if I didn't the bill would be ridiculous. Unfortunately that means that not all pages are translated right away and the same content exists on 13 different pages (I use 12 translations)

I'm open to suggestions on how to solve this. I believe this is one of the reasons I'm losing traffic lately.

Here is an example of what Google is indexing:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=%22S...w=1364&bih=643

Banned

Have you suggestions on how to solve this? Do you think that http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co...nate-tags.html will solve issue? What shows the link you provided?

I'm not exactly sure how to solve this. Is no text at all better than the same text 7 times? (I originally said 12, I meant 7)

I think the alternate tags will help.

The link I provided is no longer demonstrates the issue since the pages have been translated. This mainly happens with new pages and very old pages that aren't popular.

Here's a current example: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22G...w=1364&bih=643 (there are 5 of the same version at the moment, I'm guessing because the other 2 have been translated)

The point is Google is crawling my pages faster than I can have them translated.

FYI, I spent a lot of money last year on translating and unfortunately upping the quota a day is not an option.
    Last edited by tavenger5; 04-02-13 at 13:51.

Banned

Quick fix alternative tags we will try to provide as soon as possible. You first try alternative tags. You can temporarily turn off the less important languages.
    In addition, we can make a configurable option if there is no translation then:
    1) show the original text - it is now
    2) show the original text of the note was waiting for translation - page requires a lot of minor translations and notes can appear annoyingly often
    3) show the empty text

Thanks you for the quick response.

Instead of showing multiple annoying notes when something isn't translated, is there a flag in the system to say 'this entire page is translated'? (minus widgets, since widgets change a lot)

I think the ideal option would be to "show the empty text with a notification to say that the page has not been fully translated yet" The notification will go away once the page is translated.

Banned

Thank you for your suggestion. We will work on this feature.