Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Struggling to re-install VBET

Default Struggling to re-install VBET

When I enable VBET, the main VBET option page will NOT display (all the other options pages WILL display). Also, my forums will no longer display.

I'm running vBulletin 3.8.7 PL2.

I'm anxious to get VBET back online. I was forced to take it off my system since it was interfering with the thread display somehow.

Perhaps I should just buy the installation service and have you guys look at it...

I signed up for Google Translations API and entered the string as required in the VBET options.

I thought it might be that "execution order" problem we had in the past with our own plugin for authentication. I re-checked that our authentication plugin is execution order 1001 (it is), and vBulletin is 1000 (it is).

This is a different problem; the flags do not display, nothing displays, vBulletin just hangs :-). You ask vBulletin to list the new postings and just displays a white screen until you disable VBET.

MichaƂ Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

Hi. Sorry for response time - we had long weekend in Poland.

Please make sure that you have outgoing requests enabled in your system. vBET is using external translation providers if your system is blocking such requests then everything will just hang since it is blocked.

You can simply check it just by using out test file. Please see here for details how to check it: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.co....html#post1728
    If you are blocked - the page hangs then you must contact your hosting provider and ask him to allow for outgoing http requests.
    Please tell do you need more help

Bingo... here is the response:

Starting translation test for Google API v2
    Test result:
    Test error: couldn't connect to host
    Connection time (ms): 21088.4240723

Is this saying I have a firewall issue connecting to Google's API? If so, please tell me what ports and what server I need to request :-).

My site is required to go through a proxy which is apparently preventing the connection to googleapis.com. Is there a way to set a proxy in VBET?

This may not help, but if I use the googleapis.php code modified to set a proxy, I get the following:

Test result: { "data": { "translations": [ { "translatedText": "hello", "detectedSourceLanguage": "pl" } ] } }
    Test error:
    Connection time (ms): 196.223876953

Does this make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by hmspain View Post
    This may not help, but if I use the googleapis.php code modified to set a proxy, I get the following:

Test result: { "data": { "translations": [ { "translatedText": "hello", "detectedSourceLanguage": "pl" } ] } }
    Test error:
    Connection time (ms): 196.223876953

Does this make any sense?
    That shows that the translation took place ok

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Lloyd View Post
    That shows that the translation took place ok
    That is helpful, thank you! Now I need to find out why adding the proxy workaround to VBET does not solve my hang problem :-(.

Retired ;)

Hi
    Please tell me if you need any further help with this issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast