Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struggling to re-install VBET

We just finished installing vBulletin 4.2 (upgrading from V3). vBulletin itself appears to be working fine.

We installed VBET is 4.4.6.

Googletest results in:

Starting translation test for Google API v2
    Test result:
    Test error: Failed to connect to 2001:4860:800a::5f: Network is unreachable
    Connection time (ms): 150134.716064

Only blank pages display when a translation is requested, and the response is *very* slow.

My network team thinks all is well :-). If there something I can give them to point out the reason for my system NOT connecting to Google's API?
    Last edited by hmspain; 18-06-12 at 16:55. Reason: clarify what is working fine

If you must run through a proxy, and my system does require a proxy setting... where in VBET would I set this?

curl_setopt($connection, CURLOPT_PROXY, 'http://proxy.mydomain.com:nnnn/');

added to vbenterprisetranslator_functions.php and vbenterprosetranslator_class_translator.php just above each CURLOPT_URL line appears to do the trick.

Default Making progress, but it is slow...

Next hurdle :-) ... the translation flags are not appearing on the posts. I posted something in Spanish... and as they say "nada". I was expecting the flags showing the original language, the translation to English, and the original text below. I keep going over and over and over the settings, but I can't seem to figure things out.

The flags now display at the top, and if you click on one, it translates the page to that language... progress. But the install is still not "right"...

Retired ;)

Hi,
    Could You please tell, just to be sure, if the proxy issue is solved.

About Your previous post - please tell what exactly is not working right now, and with what can I help You.
    Also, please remember to open new thread for any new issue

I need further help on this. By adding a CURL proxy line, I was able to get VBET to work, but the flags do not show on the individual postings (only at the top where I specified). If I click on one of the top flags, translation is performed.

The last time I got this working, I don't recall any special setting to get the flags to display in the individual postings. I'm stumped :-).

Quote Originally Posted by m_jankowski View Post
    Hi,
    Could You please tell, just to be sure, if the proxy issue is solved.

About Your previous post - please tell what exactly is not working right now, and with what can I help You.
    Also, please remember to open new thread for any new issue
    I *think* I have my proxy issue resolved. Do you have other customers running through a proxy? What did they do to work around the issue? As far as I can tell, VBET has NO OPTION to set a proxy.

My "solution" may be causing other problems, so I need to know :-).

I inserted:

curl_setopt($connection, CURLOPT_PROXY, 'http://foo.com:nnnn/'); (the foo.com is my proxy, and the nnnn is the port number)

in front of every CURLOPT_URL line. Not very elegant.

---

At this point translation from the top flags works, but VERY slow response.

I DO NOT see any flags on the postings themselves.
    Last edited by hmspain; 21-06-12 at 17:44.

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

We never had any issue with proxies noted before. So maybe no one is using it with proxies or the issue is specific to your server configuration.

Great that you solved the issue. For new issue you already opened new thread and there I already send you answer. Please keep one issue per one thread - this will allow us to better manage the issues.

We are not aware of possible issues of your changes. As I wrote this is specific only to your server configuration. Just check how vBET behaves and how translation providers behaves.

Do you need more help with the issue?

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

No response - considered the issue is gone. If not please write in this thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12