Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.

Thread: How to turn off vbet and keep translations?

Default How to turn off vbet and keep translations?

Hi can someone tell me how to turn off vbet but keep all the translations rather than the posts reverting? I have a dedicated server 2.6Ghz 12mb cache *** Ram and still the load is high and sometimes too much, i've done all the optimising thats been posted around but it's made little difference, the only way to lower it now would be to block search engines which of course would mean the death of our community.

So, what i'd like to do is go back to just using vbseo but keep all the translations i have so far. Could someone advise please?

Retired ;)

Hi
    vBET does not supports not translating new posts. You can try to extend gust cache TTL, it will affect with less proces use but content for guest will be not on date.
    I did response time test from websitepulse.com and for orignal page it is: 1.018 , and for translated(as guest) 1.151, therefore maybe we could possiblie consider other reason of why forum works so slower.
    Last edited by r.dziadusz; 15-04-12 at 12:49.

Hi sorry i haven't been back to this sooner but most times when i try your site its down.

My site isn't working slow, what i'm saying is the load is high, always when i have vbet in use, if i go back to vbseo as standard the load drops, i've moved to a sever that now has **** Ram and 3.2Ghz processor (Quad Core).

What i was asking was, is there anyway to stop vBet translating anymore but keep the translations that are already in the cache and database so people could still visit www.mysite.com/fr/mythread_content.html and see the french translation that i already have for it.

Translating is becoming too expensive, both Google and Microsoft are now paid translations, there's not too much from Apertium and the server load. This is why, for now i'd like to turn it off from translating further but still allow users to see the already translated content, i understand that there' won't be new translated content and the translations will be old but as the content of each translated post doesn't change (users cannot edit their posts) there's no problem.

Regards,
    Simon

Retired ;)

What i was asking was, is there anyway to stop vBet translating anymore but keep the translations that are already in the cache and database so people could still visit www.mysite.com/fr/mythread_content.html and see the french translation that i already have for it.
    There is no such options in vBET. But if you want only to stop translating new posts - without changing you forum-efficiency - just remove all keys/logins etc from your adminCP -> vBET -> Translation providers - if there is no provider there will be no new translations but vBET will use old translations for once translated posts

Try load balancing...Use two servers. A CDN might help too.

Plus minify, and use caching programs to enable browser cache for a week.
    Opcode caching via memcache is the best option because you can cloud multiple servers together but APC is another good option