Important: This page is using cookies (cookies). Using this website without turning off cookies in browser, means that you agree for using it.
Buy Now! Features Downloads

Earn with us!

If you would like to start earning money with vBET join to Affiliate Program.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook Like Button

Michał Podbielski (vBET Staff) vBET's Avatar

I see nothing like that... Maybe it generates something else according to user country. In the middle (between Google search and button for donation) I see some image with text "I like this" in Polish. Please tell is it this or something else. If something else - please give me screen shot of full forum and point where it is. I do not see thung up image...

Yes, that is a facebook like button.

When you click it it likes the forum page on your facebook profile.

Except it always likes the english version not the translated URL.

As I see facebook reacts on browser language settings - I see it in Polish. Also after clicking I see login form in Polish. So do you really need any integration here?...

If you want to put there language value then first please check what is name of attribute for language code used in Facebook. Also find are they using same language codes. If yes, then simply in template where you added iframe change iframe src attribute value and add there language code. The value is stored by vBET in $_REQUEST['language'] - on template please use $_REQUEST[language].

Also please note that content of iframe is not treated as part of your page by Google robots. For robots each iframe is separate page - each can be separately indexed. So indexing your page robots do not take into consideration content of iframe - it is treated as link.

Please tell did it help.
    Last edited by vBET; 02-11-10 at 15:13.

You do not understand. Do you have a facebook account? No idea what this has to do with robots.txt and Google. It is a facebook like button, than when pressed shows you like the website on your facebook page, so your friends then click it and you get traffic from facebook.

Let me explain better;

I click the like button for spanish (es)

In my facebook the link is for the english version (en)

Yes - I did not understood. Everything I saw was Facebook login page which was already in Polish and I thought that you mean this translation. As I see you want Facebook to see link to your translated pages. Please give me a moment I will look again on this included iframe.
    Last edited by vBET; 04-11-10 at 19:50.

OK so - you must change this code (from vBSEO thread):
    Code:
    $facebook_liked_url = $_SERVER['VBSEO_URI'];
    to this one (NOT TESTED):
    Code:
    require_once(DIR. '/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_url_tracking.php');
    $facebook_liked_url = $_REQUEST['language'] ? vbet_createURLForAddressNoChecks($_REQUEST['language'], $_SERVER['VBSEO_URI']) : $_SERVER['VBSEO_URI'];
    Please tell did it help

I made that change, but when i like a transted url it show on my facebook page as:

Dave likes http://www.facebook.com/forums/da/ on facebook.com.

This is totally wrong.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12