PDA

View Full Version : anything to worry abt this email ?



bhanuprasad1981
05-08-10, 20:57
Googlebot found an extremely high number of URLs on your site: Pdaapps (http://www.pdaapps.org/)



Googlebot encountered problems while crawling your site http://www.pdaapps.org/.

Googlebot encountered extremely large numbers of links on your site. This may indicate a problem with your site's URL structure. Googlebot may unnecessarily be crawling a large number of distinct URLs that point to identical or similar content, or crawling parts of your site that are not intended to be crawled by Googlebot. As a result Googlebot may consume much more bandwidth than necessary, or may be unable to completely index all of the content on your site.

More information about this issue

Here's a list of sample URLs with potential problems. However, this list may not include all problematic URLs on your site.

vBET
06-08-10, 08:57
You did not give us full message. Please give examples of links which Google is pointing. Also - if you still didn't do it then please block irrelevant pages by robots.txt - you will find details here:
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/408-vbet-performance.html#post1508

Please note that after blocking those sites will start disappearing from index if they are already indexed.

bhanuprasad1981
06-08-10, 09:19
robots.txt is already in use, i am not sure abt hints for 4.2.3 as i dont use it, i have 4.2.2 only, another thing is i use only 12 languages not all,screenshot of google message :-

http://is.gd/e5E11

vBET
06-08-10, 09:35
Those are looking OK as URLs.

Pelase fallow some of those URLs and tell do you see any issues on result pages.

bhanuprasad1981
06-08-10, 09:39
i checked random urls all are ok, similar mail i got for other site using free version.

vBET
06-08-10, 15:30
I see that you do not have vBSEO integrated properly - links are not translated on your forum! Please go to readme.html in vBET package and fallow integration instructions for vBSEO. This can be the reason - because now you have lot of URLs which looks similar - after translation those will look differently. Please note that free version do not support URL translation.

Please note that I'm not sure is this is the cause. This is just a guess, because Google gave absolutely no information what it is about. So maybe Google starts recognizing similar words in URLs, maybe not. Anyway it is better for your SEO to have links translated so we advise to integrate vBET with vBSEO appropriately and use great functionality of links translation :)

bhanuprasad1981
06-08-10, 18:40
please recheck site now , i redid everything again , i was in hurry as my site got hacked because of recent vbseo security flaw,maybe during upgrade i missed something :(

vBET
07-08-10, 10:43
OK - now links are translated :) Lets hope that will help with this Google message - definitively will help with your SEO. If you had before links translation and loose it because of vBSEO update without integration with vBET, then it really could be the cause of this message - because all links which was translated suddenly became something else - so Google saw this as great amount of totally new links which appears immediately. But please note that this is only speculation. We have not enough information from Google, what it is about, to be sure.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations supported by vBET 4.9.2