PDA

View Full Version : Solved Linkback in archive/sitemap



Snake
01-08-10, 21:49
The linkback to vbet in the archive/sitemap is a dead link. This link does not work. Dead links are bad for SEO.

kamilkurczak
02-08-10, 10:40
can you paste here a url to this site with this dead link? If you can, this link can be from your or our forum.

Snake
02-08-10, 12:34
It is same here.

http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/archive/

Link in footer by flags.

kamilkurczak
02-08-10, 13:21
ok thanks, I will check it

vBET
03-08-10, 17:54
Solved and will be included in next release. For quick fix please:
1. Edit /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_hooks.php
2. Find:

$output .= '<div class="smallfont" style="text-align: center;">'.vbenterprisetranslator_creditlink().'</div>
3. Replace by:

$output .= '<div class="smallfont" style="text-align: center;">'.str_replace('\\"','"',vbenterprisetranslator_creditlink()).'</div>

Snake
03-08-10, 18:29
This fix causes blank screen, cmon man, you always do this, half assed fixes, do you not test this stuff?

kamilkurczak
04-08-10, 15:25
Please, replace your old line with this new code:

$output .= '<div class="smallfont" style="text-align: center;">'.str_replace('\\"','"',vbenterprisetranslator_creditlink()).'</div>

php bbcode deleted ' at the end of the code ( before </div> ). if you replace it with this new code everything will work.

Sorry for that.

Snake
04-08-10, 15:35
Add what sign? Your fix is a mess.

kamilkurczak
04-08-10, 15:38
see the previous post and try again please

vBET
04-08-10, 17:02
I confirm - it is some vBulletin bug in PHP bbcode. Also - I do remember that once I set by mistake code to replace as code to find - but it was harmless, because it was not able to fallow.

Also in this case because of vBullletin bug it was not able to fallow given instructions. If you fallow exactly the instruction - you would be not able to do that, because this vBulletin PHP bbcode error also changed text to find. So you should stop on step, instead of that you just made yourself changes in code and this broke your forum.

It is corrected now (changed to CODE bbcode), but please keep in mind that you didn't fallow instructions and this was the cause of your forum break. Also of course I'm very sorry because of this incident - usually I trust in vBulletin bbcodes. This time it was mistake.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vBET Translator 4.9.2