PDA

View Full Version : Solved Unsuccess Story?

mario06
14-07-10, 04:27
Considering that vBET keeps the server CPU load fairly high and out of 350k posts only 2% of the threads are being indexed in different languages is it really worth it?

You have vBSEO installed so is this a must for making vBET do it's job fully?

Is|was this mod tested on a non vBSEO board?

What percentage is given to vBSEO and to vBET for indexing?

In the success stories very little information is givin making things a bit unclear for me.
vBSEO installed|settings?
Server settings?
vBET settings?
vBSEO settings?
vBULLETIN settings?
Google PR?
etc?

mario06
16-07-10, 16:18
Daily up :)

Ramses
16-07-10, 19:49
I don't have vbseo installed and so far as I can say I hardly can see an increasing of visitors. Ok, maybe some more english, polish or other language visitors but in numbers we are talking from maybe 500-1000 additional visitors in a month. Daily maybe 30 additional visits, in percents this is an increasing of 1%.
So I think the best effect will only occur if vbseo is installed.

pepito69
16-07-10, 20:31
Hi,
I'm not using VBSEO.
I began to use vbet the 5th of this month. In 10 days visits are growing. In %:

(15,79%)
visits: 24.813
Before: 21.429
I thing i will have more than 1000 additional visitors a day in few time.
But i don't have all my web translated, only forums. This product (vbet) is a good (ok...great...) idea but it drives me crazy with many problems. In short time it's easy to say it's ok, but let's see what happen in some months...

mario06
17-07-10, 18:29
i can't see a difference in more users since my forum has been rising steadily in the last years and my adsense income has remained the same furthermore I'm monitoring everything closely with google analytics, I'm convinced that vBSEO with url rewrites is a must to see some significant results, please note that I own vBSEO but uninstalled it because it adds more stress to the server and since I've been up for many years I surely can't add url rewrites so at this point I think it's useless

The real solution to success is quality content and high PR backlinks this is my personal opinion BUT I do recommend vBET simply for its translation feature which is a valuable asset

pepito69
17-07-10, 18:41
The real solution to success is quality content and high PR

This is the most important of course.

mario06
18-07-10, 10:45
Hi,
I'm not using VBSEO.
I began to use vbet the 5th of this month. In 10 days visits are growing. In %:

(15,79%)
visits: 24.813
Before: 21.429
I thing i will have more than 1000 additional visitors a day in few time.
But i don't have all my web translated, only forums. This product (vbet) is a good (ok...great...) idea but it drives me crazy with many problems. In short time it's easy to say it's ok, but let's see what happen in some months...

Since your forum is new this may be a coincidence or maybe my forum is bigger so it takes longer anyway time will tell. But knowing the setups and tweaks of the success stories would hurt either.

Best Regards

mario06
18-07-10, 10:51
I don't have vbseo installed and so far as I can say I hardly can see an increasing of visitors. Ok, maybe some more english, polish or other language visitors but in numbers we are talking from maybe 500-1000 additional visitors in a month. Daily maybe 30 additional visits, in percents this is an increasing of 1%.
So I think the best effect will only occur if vbseo is installed.

But like I said above, it does add additional queries and without the url rewrites it wouldn't be effective as with url rewrites and we all that on a medium/big forum it is not recommended so I've hit a dead end and prefer in not installing it.

vBET
20-07-10, 20:24
Considering that vBET keeps the server CPU load fairly high and out of 350k posts only 2% of the threads are being indexed in different languages is it really worth it?

You have vBSEO installed so is this a must for making vBET do it's job fully?

Is|was this mod tested on a non vBSEO board?

What percentage is given to vBSEO and to vBET for indexing?

In the success stories very little information is givin making things a bit unclear for me.
vBSEO installed|settings?
Server settings?
vBET settings?
vBSEO settings?
vBULLETIN settings?
Google PR?
etc?

Please note that vBET does nothing for normal pages - if your CPU load grows up it means that your translated pages are visited - so you get success by having additional traffic to translated pages. New traffic will always take more resources from your server no matter do you have it by vBET or any other way.

Also please note that vBET is highly configurable ant you can simply decrease your CPU load - just see performance hints: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/general-discussions/243-vbet-performance.html
Our customers use vBET with really huge forums without any performance issues, if you have it then you have it on your own request. You have simple way to remove it by using our performance hints.
Now thanks to vBET you have 52 times more content - it cannot be done magically. It needs some more resources - if you cannot handle it on your server - simply configure it :) In example disable some languages. But really I just was on your forum and I see that translations are forking fast, so I do not recommend to remove any translations in such case. You are writing about more CPU usage - this is not an issue. As long as you still have some free CPU resources and responses are fast it just means that you are using your resources.

vBET can work completely without vBSEO - you are using it this way so you already know it. And vBET does it's job fully without vBSEO - vbseo has nothing common with translations and supporting multilingual community. Also vBulletin 4.x has its own SEO links support and vBET also supports its translation.

vBET is fully tested without vBSEO and we have lot of clients which are using it this way - including you. So you can se yourself that it is working. I really do not understand the source of this question... If you find out something working wrong on your board - please just note it in bug reporting section.

Percentage in indexing given for booth vBSEO and vBET is 0% - none of those make indexing. And there is no any tool which will do indexing for you on your forum. Indexing is done by Google spiders which are working as guests on your forum.

Success stories are given by our users - you can simply ask them about details. But this is definitively wrong section for this - here vBET staff hives support. Just ask them by PM - you see who writes which story. We gave some examples in success stories, but only forum owner can give you details about its configuration if he wants.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages thanks to vB Enterprise Translator 4.9.99