PDA

View Full Version : Solved vBET 4.2.1 does not translate vBSEO Javascript messages

StarBuG
08-04-10, 13:33
Hi

I noticed that with vBET 4.2.1 and vBulletin 4.0.2 PL4 and vBSEO 3.5 RC3 Notices get not translated.

Please advice

StarBuG

vBET
08-04-10, 14:05
You have to turn on those translations - it is disabled by default for performance reasons (not every one is using it). You will find appropriate option in vBET -> Misc options

StarBuG
08-04-10, 15:24
Sorry but I am not stupid.

It is on otherwise I would not have reported it as bug!

See Patientenfragen.net - we have the answers (http://www.patientenfragen.net/en/)

vBET
08-04-10, 16:05
No one assumes that any of our users is stupid ;) It is standard procedure to inform first about configuration possibilities, because user could simply miss some configuration or even not look for such. I'm opening issue again and going there :)

vBET
08-04-10, 16:12
Indeed it is some bug, because it is even not re-encoded. We will take care about it soon :)

By the way - did you notice that you have broken layout on top of page for translated view and your flags disappear (are not even in output code)?... I see that you made some manual template changes - please check does it is because of your changes (copy actual template body somewhere; revert; check; put it back).

StarBuG
08-04-10, 16:23
The layout is not broken.

You saw a cached version during a troubleshooting of the APC Cache optimisation plugin

Try now and see if you still see a broken layout plz

ps: The "stupid" part I just said because you simply closed the bug report and moved it without waiting for my reply.
You should wait for the customers response first before declaring active problems solved.
It is impolite otherwise ;)

StarBuG
08-04-10, 16:31
One more note

I would like to disallow: *.js in the robots.txt file

I had that included but removed it for now just in case this was causing the translation problem (which it is not).

However, would that cause troubles with the fixed new version or can I include it into my robots.txt?

vBET
08-04-10, 17:25
One more note

I would like to disallow: *.js in the robots.txt file

I had that included but removed it for now just in case this was causing the translation problem (which it is not).

However, would that cause troubles with the fixed new version or can I include it into my robots.txt?

Are you sure that robots.txt is using * notation...

Anyway content of robots.txt have no impact on vBET.

StarBuG
08-04-10, 17:41
It is not officially supported in the original protocoll but google bot can handle it.
And that is what counts ;)

vBET
08-04-10, 23:52
The layout is not broken.

You saw a cached version during a troubleshooting of the APC Cache optimisation plugin

Try now and see if you still see a broken layout plz

ps: The "stupid" part I just said because you simply closed the bug report and moved it without waiting for my reply.
You should wait for the customers response first before declaring active problems solved.
It is impolite otherwise ;)

Right - now layout is OK.

Also thanks for your suggestion about handling issues. Please note that we always reopen issues if it appears that it is not really solved and that 'closed' is only prefix - thread is not closed - you can still write and tell that issue is not corrected yet. Sorry if you felt uncomfortable because of that.

About not translated vBSEO notices. I have trouble with finding it on your forum. Can you please give me URL to page on which exist such comment (not translated one) and quote me exact original text of this comment. You have different layout and on main page for me it looks that all is translated, so please point me right direction :)

StarBuG
09-04-10, 01:40
But the "feeling" is the problem here.

I would strongly suggest rethinking your current workflow with setting simple prefixes that give the customer the feeling that his issue is not really taken into consideration.
EVEN if that is not the case.

I mention this here because I had this before when you did the same to another bug report of mine.

Simply wait for a response and after the problem is solved move the thread or set prefixes.

It does not hurt you but makes the customer feel much more taken seriouse ;)

About the Bug.

I don't use permanent notices because Advertising on my forum is only displayed when notices are not.
So switching on a notice permanently for you to test would decrease my earnings.

Sorry but can't do that

vBET
09-04-10, 05:24
Once again sorry for misunderstanding and thanks for your advices about prefixes :) If you have some specific suggestions about names of prefixes please share - we always gladly improve our customer care :)

I understand that you cannot turn vBSEO notices on. We will check it on our test forum and contact you again in case if we will be not able to reproduce the issue.

StarBuG
09-04-10, 15:02
Make another prefix [Assigned] or [Awaiting response]

Or simply leave it as [open] untill the issue is solved ;)

vBET
10-04-10, 20:38
We already have prefix 'To Explain' - I think we will use it more often ;)

Thanks for your advices and feel free to note any future issues :)

StarBuG
25-04-10, 12:35
Any Progress on this bug?

Maybe a quick fix?

vBET
25-04-10, 20:22
Oh yes, we already corrected it - just forget to change the status.

For quick fix:
1. Edit file /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions.php
2. Find:

while (true) {
$position = strpos($script, 'vbseo_jshtml['.$scriptIndex.']', $prevPosition);
if (!$position) {
break;
}
$position = strpos($script, '<table', $position);
$end = strpos($script, '</table>', $position);
$toTranslate = substr($script, $position, $end + strlen('</table>') - $position);
$scriptBuffer .= substr($script, $prevPosition, $position).vbet_translateHTMLFromTo($toTranslate, $forumLanguage, $language, $serie);
++$scriptIndex;
$prevPosition = $end + strlen('</table>');
}

3. Change to:

while (true) {
if (!$position) {
break;
}
$position = strpos($script, '<ol>', $position);
$end = strpos($script, '</ol>', $position);
$toTranslate = substr($script, $position, $end + strlen('<ol>') - $position);
$scriptBuffer .= substr($script, $prevPosition, $position).vbet_translateHTMLFromTo($toTranslate, $forumLanguage, $language, $serie);
++$scriptIndex;
$prevPosition = $end + strlen('</ol>');
}

hotslot
25-04-10, 20:52
Is this included on my recent purchase or do we have to do this also?

vBET
25-04-10, 21:12
This will be included in 4.4.2 :)

So if you want it earlier, please do the changed manually - this is the idea of quick fix - allow user to repair it if he doesn't want to wait for next release.

Sorry for bug - we miss that vBSEO changed table to list... :o

magmf
19-05-11, 23:32
this is not included on 4.4.3 can you confirm why ? thanks..

magmf
19-05-11, 23:36
oops sorry i was talking about vBET 4.3.0

kamilkurczak
20-05-11, 07:52
I will check it

magmf
24-05-11, 02:17
any news ?

kamilkurczak
24-05-11, 09:47
you are right - this is not included in this version - I need to find why.

vBET
24-05-11, 16:32
Indeed the bug came back, but we found solution - it will be included in next release.

For quicke fix please:
1. Open file /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions
2. Find function vbet_addScriptToTable:

function vbet_addScriptToTable($what) {
global $vbulletin;
if ($vbulletin->options['vbenterprisetranslator_vbseo_message'] && strpos($what[1], 'vbseo_jshtml[0]')) {
$scriptIndex = 0;
$position = 0;
$prevPosition = 0;
$scriptBuffer = '';
$script = $what[1];
$forumLanguage = $vbulletin->options['vbenterprisetranslator_forumlanguage'];
global $vbet_serie;
while (true) {
if (!$position) {
break;
}
$position = strpos($script, '<table', $position);
$end = strpos($script, '</table>', $position);
$toTranslate = substr($script, $position, $end + strlen('</table>') - $position);
$scriptBuffer .= substr($script, $prevPosition, $position).vbet_translateHTMLFromTo($toTranslate, $forumLanguage, $_REQUEST['language'], $vbet_serie);
++$scriptIndex;
$prevPosition = $end + strlen('</table>');
}
$what[1] = $scriptBuffer.substr($script, $prevPosition);
} else {
$what[1] = vbet_getReEncoded($what[1]);
}
return vbet_addToReplacementsBuffer($what);
}

3. Replace it by:

function vbet_addScriptToTable($what) {
global $vbulletin;
if ($vbulletin->options['vbenterprisetranslator_vbseo_message'] && strpos($what[1], 'vbseo_jshtml[0]')) {
$scriptIndex = 0;
$position = 0;
$prevPosition = 0;
$scriptBuffer = '';
$script = $what[1];
$forumLanguage = $vbulletin->options['vbenterprisetranslator_forumlanguage'];
global $vbet_serie;
while (true) {
if (!$position) {
break;
}
$position = strpos($script, '<ol>', $position);
$end = strpos($script, '</ol>', $position);
$toTranslate = substr($script, $position, $end + strlen('</ol>') - $position);
$scriptBuffer .= substr($script, $prevPosition, $position).vbet_translateHTMLFromTo($toTranslate, $forumLanguage, $_REQUEST['language'], $vbet_serie);
++$scriptIndex;
$prevPosition = $end + strlen('</ol>');
}
$what[1] = $scriptBuffer.substr($script, $prevPosition);
} else {
$what[1] = vbet_getReEncoded($what[1]);
}
return vbet_addToReplacementsBufferNoReencode($what);
}
function vbet_addToReplacementsBufferNoReencode($what) {
global $vbet_replacementsBuffer;
$vbet_replacementsBuffer[] = $what[1];
return '<vbet'.(count($vbet_replacementsBuffer)-1).'/>';
}

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations by vBET translator 4.9.2