PDA

View Full Version : Solved 404 errors



steve
23-02-10, 02:52
I'm finding when URL's contain a ' or % they generate a 404 error on translated pages. Is there any way of stripping these chars out?

vBET
23-02-10, 12:28
I just checked on our server and it is working well (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-testing-messages/435-test-message-special-chars-title-%25.html#post1600).

Please make sure that you are using last version of vBET. Check does your vBSEO configuration is appropriate according to integration instructions in readme.html from vBET package. If after that issue will still exist let us know and send additional details by PM.

vBET
24-02-10, 22:07
Ok. I discovered that on your server the issue was exactly with % character. And it appears that when it was involved something crashed on .htaccess rewriting level. It even didn't appropriately redirected to vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php so vBET was even not involved yet. I know that it was working without translation but seems that when redirection parameters was involved and % was in URL it didn't work anymore on your server.

Issue solved by cutting of % character from not translated link. I already set it on your server. The solution is to edit custom character replacement in /include/config_vbseo.php. So if it was empty before it will look like this now:


$vbseo_custom_char_replacement = array('%' => '');

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Multilingual forum supported by vBET Translator 4.9.99