PDA

View Full Version : vBET 4.0 maybe not so soon



vBET
19-02-10, 15:01
Hi.

Honestly we were ready today for release of vBET4.0.0 There is one but - it was tested on vBulletin4.0.1 Before production we made quick test under 4.0.2 and it appears that there is total mess with URLs (redirections and encoding).

So right now we are tuning vBET4.0.0 for vBulletin4.0.2 and there is possibility that we will have to wait with release until vB4.0.3 - we discover serious bug in vB4.0.2 which doesn't allows us to release now (Enforce Canonical URL 'Strict' - NOT WORKING for IE and Opera - vBulletin Community Forum - Projects (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?issueid=36408)).

Maybe we will work on our own solution trying to come round this issue if we solve other URL issues which appears in vB4.0.2

krisp
22-02-10, 00:11
They fixed 250 bugs in the latest release! I can imagine its rather difficult deveolping a comprehensive mod if they make perhaps 700-800 code changes during the first 4-5 months of the lifecycle of vbulletin 4. My strategy is not to touch vbulletin 4 for several months anyway.

Smiggy
22-02-10, 17:59
They fixed 250 bugs in the latest release! I can imagine its rather difficult deveolping a comprehensive mod if they make perhaps 700-800 code changes during the first 4-5 months of the lifecycle of vbulletin 4. My strategy is not to touch vbulletin 4 for several months anyway.

I totally agree.

I intend to stick with 3.8 for a long time yet.

vB 4 in essence will never be GOLD when you consider the product you had before upgrading (3.8) and how all these new bugs are retrospectively affecting other default features of vB when they haven't even been touched, by that I mean no changes in code.

No win situation so it is all about 3.8. :D

vBET
22-02-10, 23:19
Yes it is a pain to provide software depending on something not very stable in code...

Anyway - after few days of tests and finding and correcting few issues, and also finding few issues which have to be corrected by vB team as vB bug we think we are ready for BETA release. It will be not possible to go out of BETA stage as long as vB4 will not be GOLD, but most things are going well and many people are waiting for vBET4.0 So I think we are ready for it as much as we can be in this situation ;)

dacho
04-03-10, 18:55
Although we all wish a hearty system VB4, wait patiently until there'd fix it will work properly .... Moment longer than to VB4 I would not suggest to move yet. I was wrong I did upgrade my system to 4: (

vBET
05-03-10, 00:30
Although we all wish a hearty system VB4, wait patiently until there'd fix it will work properly .... Moment longer than to VB4 I would not suggest to move yet. I was wrong I did upgrade my system to 4: (

Yes - I assume that not all loves vBulletin 4 ;) But we still have clients who wants vBET for vBulletin 4 so we give it :)

shikeren
14-03-10, 17:13
Growing fast, fuel, hoping to do the details of SEO

vBET
14-03-10, 18:06
Growing fast, fuel, hoping to do the details of SEO

Not at all :) Please remember that we are not making it from scratch - we have already working, well tested code which we just had to integrate with new version of vB :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
vBET 4.9.99 gives automatic translations