PDA

View Full Version : Solved "This webpage has a redirect loop" with guests



tavenger5
01-11-13, 19:11
I'm getting an error lately that I can't figure out. It only happens with guests and Chrome the error as "This webpage has a redirect loop". It seems that it only happens with pages that have yet to be translated. Here is an example: http://cellphoneforums.net/de/*******-galaxy/t365731-galaxy-note-3-disable-my-magazine.html

The same page but in English: Galaxy Note 3: Disable "My Magazine"? (http://cellphoneforums.net/*******-galaxy/t365731-galaxy-note-3-disable-my-magazine.html)

Any ideas?

tavenger5
01-11-13, 21:05
I did some further digging and I believe this has something to do with no cache providers being available. When the guest cache is turned off the same pages no longer produce a redirect error.

tavenger5
02-11-13, 02:38
After updating the the latest version and hooking up yandex, I turned the guest cache back on. Now that yandex is enabled things are translating and pages are not getting caught in a redirect loop.

This error definitely happens when there are no translation providers available, the page hasn't been translated, and the guest cache is on.

Marcin Kalak
02-11-13, 10:39
Thank you for reporting. We will investigate this issue on our test forum.

Marcin Kalak
27-12-13, 15:13
Quick fix for this issue:

Open file includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_vbseo.php
Find code:


function vbet_vbseo_filter_replace_text($text, $allowchars = null, $filter_stop_words = true, $reversable = false) {
if(isset($GLOBALS['FIX_EMAILS'])) {
return vbseo_filter_replace_text ($text, $allowchars, $filter_stop_words, $reversable);
}
static $executed = 0;
$language = vbet_translateAndPrepareTitle($text, $executed);
$executed = 1;
Replace it to code:


function vbet_vbseo_filter_replace_text($text, $allowchars = null, $filter_stop_words = true, $reversable = false) {
if(isset($GLOBALS['FIX_EMAILS'])) {
return vbseo_filter_replace_text ($text, $allowchars, $filter_stop_words, $reversable);
}
static $executed = 0;
$language = vbet_translateAndPrepareTitle($text, $executed>1);
$executed += 1;

This issue will be fixed in the next release.

hhumass
06-05-14, 18:45
there is no such txt .. please tell me on which line it is located

Marcin Kalak
07-05-14, 14:52
The location of these lines of code in each version is different.
This fix was added to vBET. The easiest way is if you update your vBET to the latest version.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
vBET 4.9.99 brings automatic translations