PDA

View Full Version : Solved Wrong coding in vbseo meta content description



krisp
17-01-10, 00:00
Here is a post in english on a danish forum: Klassisk fåreskindsjakke ("")

The vbseo meta content description is correct in source language, but contains wrong coding for other languages like swedish and polish [URL="Kożuchem Classic[/URL] :


<meta name="description" content="Szukam classic kożuchem. Myaa&gt; la ™, Å ¼ e Redford: Znaleziono Tych cha, Opaka ³ w w NY, ale nie Wiemer, co zrobić jakoÅ&gt; ci: http://www.rafelshearling.com/ Lefty myślę Redford: Found these guys w Nowym Jorku, ale mieć" />

nb vbenterprisetranslator_inpost_translate is edited so it only contains $translated - title is in source and content is in english with lang=en tags around

vBET
17-01-10, 12:38
What is your setting of vbseo option: "Replace the 'META KEYWORDS' Content?"

krisp
17-01-10, 14:03
It is "yes"

vBET
17-01-10, 14:44
According to vBET installation manual:
(Required) Turn off option "Replace the 'META KEYWORDS' Content?"

Please tell does this change make it working.

krisp
17-01-10, 14:48
Makes no difference.

Something that seems a bit strange:

showthread looks like this:


<meta name="description" content="xxx $thread[title] xxx" />
<meta name="keywords" content="thread[title] $vboptions[keywords]" />

<title>$thread[title]<if condition="$pagenumber>1">
- side $pagenumber</if></title>

I inserted the xxx - I dont see the xxx and $thread[title] is the title not the content. But if I remove the line then the meta content line disapreares along with the real meta content description.

vBET
17-01-10, 15:21
OK so - we will investigate this :)

Also - it is not strange - vBSEO overrides your value

Michael
17-01-10, 21:01
I am getting this too. In our source the content = "" is backslashed:

<meta name="keywords" content=\"Teen Forums, les forums d'aide teen, teen chat, forum adolescentes, les adolescentes enceintes, les adolescents, les adolescents essaient de concevoir, de dépression chez les adolescents, les sévices, les conseils de suicide, la violence physique, les grossesses précoces, les fréquentations et les relations, la sexualité adolescente, la puberté, des forums des conseils ado" />

krisp
17-01-10, 21:37
I just created a new thread - and created an exception in showthread so it didnt get the vbseo content=

It is now indexed in Google and the text under the link is very irellevant when you search for the title.

I think this must have top priority since it means that threads posted in anything but source language shows up bad in Googles search results ...

vBET
17-01-10, 23:37
Bolded in TODO list

vBET
21-01-10, 19:09
I am getting this too. In our source the content = "" is backslashed:

<meta name="keywords" content=\"Teen Forums, les forums d'aide teen, teen chat, forum adolescentes, les adolescentes enceintes, les adolescents, les adolescents essaient de concevoir, de dépression chez les adolescents, les sévices, les conseils de suicide, la violence physique, les grossesses précoces, les fréquentations et les relations, la sexualité adolescente, la puberté, des forums des conseils ado" />

This is quick fix for backslash issue (will be included in 3.3.1):
1. open /includes/vbenterprisetranslatof_functions.php
2. Find there:


$output =& vbet_replaceFirst('<meta name="keywords" content="'.$keywords.'" />', '<meta name="keywords" content=\"'

3. Replace it by:


$output =& vbet_replaceFirst('<meta name="keywords" content="'.$keywords.'" />', '<meta name="keywords" content="'

vBET
21-01-10, 21:35
Makes no difference.

Something that seems a bit strange:

showthread looks like this:


<meta name="description" content="xxx $thread[title] xxx" />
<meta name="keywords" content="thread[title] $vboptions[keywords]" />

<title>$thread[title]<if condition="$pagenumber>1">
- side $pagenumber</if></title>

I inserted the xxx - I dont see the xxx and $thread[title] is the title not the content. But if I remove the line then the meta content line disapreares along with the real meta content description.

You have turned on rewriting description by vBSEo - you will not see the title there only some part of content.

vBET
21-01-10, 21:36
Here is a post in english on a danish forum: Klassisk fåreskindsjakke (http://www.thegame-online.dk/showthread.php?t=14258)

The vbseo meta content description is correct in source language, but contains wrong coding for other languages like swedish and polish Kożuchem Classic (http://www.thegame-online.dk/pl/showthread.php?t=14258:) :


<meta name="description" content="Szukam classic kożuchem. Myaa&gt; la ™, Å ¼ e Redford: Znaleziono Tych cha, Opaka ³ w w NY, ale nie Wiemer, co zrobić jakoÅ&gt; ci: http://www.rafelshearling.com/ Lefty myślę Redford: Found these guys w Nowym Jorku, ale mieć" />

nb vbenterprisetranslator_inpost_translate is edited so it only contains $translated - title is in source and content is in english with lang=en tags around

Corrected. Will be included in 3.3.1

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations made by vBET Translator 4.9.2