PDA

View Full Version : Solved Translations not working - Microsoft error



Wulf
04-10-11, 19:29
I am having the same problems as some others. Some of the content is translated (probably pulling from cache) and some of it shows up blank. I did the Google and Microsoft tests and the Microsoft test returns this error:

http://saabworld.net/mstest.php

Starting translation test MS
Test result: "InvalidOperationException: : ID=3643.V2_Json.Translate.383489D8"
Test error:
Connection time (ms): 460.72509765625

Google test seems just fine. http://saabworld.net/googletest.php

r.dziadusz
05-10-11, 13:12
ok in this situation please read this post( being blocked by microsoft part) http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/6-faq-2.html#post1728 and this about reaching your limits: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/6-faq-2.html#post10412

Also if your google test is good please set in your

admincp ->vBET -> translation providers -> use google only: yes
Becouse vBET, when this option is set on "no", is using microsoft translation api, which is currently blocked
We are working to provide you switching api automaticaly: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/feature-requests/2459-circular-checking-switching-apis-keep-flow-translations.html

Wulf
06-10-11, 02:13
Switching back to include Google seem to have fixed the problem just a little bit but many pages are still showing up blank.

I sent a message to MS about that error and got the following response back.


It looks like you’ve reached your volume/throughput limits. Do you have an existing commercial license with Microsoft Translator?

The Translator API is now available to new commercial licensees on Windows Azure Marketplace at a tiered pricing subscription model based on the character volume usage needs per month (1tx = 1000 characters), with your first 120-days of service at no cost. One of the tier options offered is a free service usage limit of 2 million characters per month.

For our early adopters, we are offering a courtesy monthly volume limit of 4 million chars per month until end of March 2012. Prior to next March, we expect everyone to subscribe through Windows Azure Marketplace for both free and paid levels of service. In addition, it includes OData support, more secure authentication as well as the ability to monitor your monthly volume usage.

For existing commercial licensees, we have grandfathered them in at the volumes they had signed the agreement for and we have also extended their agreement until the end of September 2012. If you do have a commercial license, we are happy to extend the same to you.

I have included below additional information regarding the Translator API and Windows Azure Marketplace for your reference.

· Frequently Asked Questions
· MSDN new documentation link: Microsoft Translator (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd576287.aspx)
· OData API link: Use Datasets in Your Application (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh310379.aspx)
· Official team blog: Microsoft Translator (and Bing Translator) Official Team Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/translation/)
· Support forums: Machine Translation and Language Tools Category (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/translation)
· If you are primarily translating web pages, consider the free Microsoft Translator Widget: Microsoft® Translator Widget (http://www.microsofttranslator.com/widget/)

vBET
06-10-11, 03:33
Please note that we will have little workaround for this in next release - it is included now in 3.5.1 (vBET 4.x will have it soon): http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-announcements/2474-vbet-3-5-1-released.html

If you have empty strings it means that translation provider refuses to translate - most probably you already reach their limit. I checked your Google test - result:

Starting translation test
Test result: {"responseData": null, "responseDetails": "Suspected Terms of Service Abuse. Please see http://code.google.com/apis/errors", "responseStatus": 403}
Test error:
Connection time (ms): 571.26000976562
This is common issue recently - it seems that they made limit changes and now one by one servers see this response. Please fallow instructions in your Google response.

As I wrote we are preparing vBET for new providers behavior. Until next release (really soon - really we have same thing here) just communicate with translation provider about it.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
vBET PRODUCER_PRODUCT_VERSION supports automatic translations