PDA

View Full Version : Solved It does works and Translation



Wulf
05-08-11, 05:13
Here is what happens.

I have my default language set to Dutch.
I have the site set to the Dutch language and I make a post in Dutch.
This post displays correctly.
When switching to English (my site default), the English translation works fine and the original Dutch tekst shows up fine as well.
However, when I switch the site back to Dutch, the original text doesn't show correctly.

For example, I entered this in Dutch:
Nog een andere test, hopelijk gaat het nu wel goed.

But now it is showing this when viewing the site in Dutch:
Nog EEN-Andere testen, hopelijk gaat nu WEL Het Goed.

When I switch back to English, everything shows up fine again, including the original Dutch text.

Check out this thread: Site translator (http://saabworld.net/f26/site-translator-2530/#post12751)

Wulf
05-08-11, 05:22
Another problem is with strange characters when changing to some other languages. For example, this is what I get when I choose:

French: Un Autre Regard de test, j 'esp ¨ re Que C'EST correcte.
Swedish: ETT Annat test, fà ¶ rhoppningsvis DET à ¤ r okej.

Wulf
05-08-11, 16:03
Sorry for the weird thread title. For some reason, it was trying to translate when I posted.

I uninstalled and re-installed everything today but still the same results. For some reason, when I go back to the non-English language, it seems like it wants to translate the original text again in its own language.

My HTML Character Set is ISO-8859-1 and I made all forum and vBSEO changes as explained in the readme file.

vBET
06-08-11, 00:45
Here is what happens.

I have my default language set to Dutch.
I have the site set to the Dutch language and I make a post in Dutch.
This post displays correctly.
When switching to English (my site default), the English translation works fine and the original Dutch tekst shows up fine as well.
However, when I switch the site back to Dutch, the original text doesn't show correctly.

For example, I entered this in Dutch:
Nog een andere test, hopelijk gaat het nu wel goed.

But now it is showing this when viewing the site in Dutch:
Nog EEN-Andere testen, hopelijk gaat nu WEL Het Goed.

When I switch back to English, everything shows up fine again, including the original Dutch text.

Check out this thread: Site translator (http://saabworld.net/f26/site-translator-2530/#post12751)

It looks like you have translated your text where it is not necessary (that is why it changes). First - please check do you have vBET templates not changed. 2nd - the link you have is not working. Please provide working example.

vBET
06-08-11, 00:48
Another problem is with strange characters when changing to some other languages. For example, this is what I get when I choose:

French: Un Autre Regard de test, j 'esp ¨ re Que C'EST correcte.
Swedish: ETT Annat test, fà ¶ rhoppningsvis DET à ¤ r okej.

Please keep one issue per thread. OTherwise we will be not able to manage it. Plese open new thread for this one.

PS.
Looks like it is double re-encoded. This can be related to previous one.

NOTE:
Please check do you have any plugins which removes HTML comments. It looks like you do - booth your issues looks like something removed vBET comments (do not translate again and to not re-encode again). So your booth issues will disappear when you turn off stripping HTML comments.

Please tell did it help :)

Wulf
06-08-11, 05:33
How would you find the plugin that removes HTML comments? We have a few plugins on our site but not sure where to start.

Sorry, deleted the previous working example. I added again and can be found here: (Nederlands) Site vertaler (http://saabworld.net/nl/f26/site-vertaler-2530/#post12797)

I also enabled Polish so feel free to test yourself.

vBET
06-08-11, 10:47
vbseo has option to remove html comments - if you are using vbseo it is good place to start.

Looking on example I'm almost sure that it is about html comments - as I saw you tested it also on our forum and couldn't reproduce the issue. Please just find what is cutting your html comments out and turn off this functionality.

Wulf
06-08-11, 17:18
Thanks, I'll need to go through the mmods on my site and will start wwith vBSEO.

I found this thread which deals with the same problem. However, I do not have vB4: SuperCharged on my site.
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/1103-translation-charater-problem.html

Wulf
06-08-11, 17:48
I found this setting under the VBSEO - Other enhancements. I changed to No and it looks like it fixed the problem. :)


Cleanup HTML code?
Select 'Yes' to remove unnecessary whitespace characters and HTML comments from the source code of your forum pages. This increases the C2C (Content to Code) ratio and reduces page sizes, resulting in a net performance increase and reduction in bandwidth required.
NOTE: If comments (or HTML tags) within your pages are not closed correctly with their corresponding end tags, then this option could cause your pages to display incorrectly. Be sure that your templates contain error free HTML tags and code.

You may want to include this in the readme file with install instructions. It currently is not mentioned for changes to the vBSEO settings.

vBET
06-08-11, 19:25
Really good idea - I'm adding it into integration instructions right now! Thanks :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Thanks to vBET 4.9.2 enjoy automatic translations