PDA

View Full Version : Solved some languages breaking the format



MOGmartin
30-06-11, 11:16
Hi Guys,

as you've now got the MS API integrated Im giving it another shot, thanks for that ;)

Ive reinstalled the plugin, late last night and Ive got a few bugs...
some languages work perfectly:
http://seoforums.org/es/

but some seem to break the layout:
http://seoforums.org/de/

its probably something quite simple, I havent had a chance to look into it yet, but if its obvious please let me know!

thanks

Martin

vBET
30-06-11, 13:47
It looks like you have issue with connection to translation service. So:
1. Are you using Google only or also MS translations? If also MS, then please check results when Google Only is turned on.
2. Please use Google test and tell about results: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/413-faq-2.html#post1729
3. If everything is OK with Google test and you are using Guest cache, then please turn off guest cache and check the results - maybe you have cached wrong results (shouldn't happen, but it is worth to check).

Please give feedback.

MOGmartin
03-07-11, 11:02
ok, so after testing - its 100% the MS API translations.

whenever its using this API the page appears "broken". I really actually only want to use the other api, not the google one so this feature is important to me.

Any advice?

thanks!

vBET
04-07-11, 08:45
Please PM access details for Admin CP and FTP. As I understand it will be enough to set MS translation to reproduce. Please note that MS translation is considered as BETA in vBET so some issues can happen.

We already know how to detect what is wrong and how to correct it. Most probably there is some special character which is not allowed by MS API and we have to parse it before sending. Still we need exact content to see what is wrong, so please PM access details.

vBET
11-07-11, 03:10
We still didn't get access details. We need to know exact content of this page and be able to check what are Microsoft results. Otherwise we are not able to test and fix it. Please note that we will check it in harmless way - we will send extra output only for our IP. So no other user will see it :)

vBET
11-07-11, 04:27
I just discovered one bug with Microsoft translation on our test forum. I do not know is it the same issue as yours, since we didn't got access details and couldn't check it. Still please fallow instructions bellow.

Microsoft translations of texts including " character breaks at this moment. For quick fix please:
1. Open file /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_class_translator.php
2. Find:

$translationURL = $this->translationURL.'%22'.$toTranslate.'%22]';
3. Replace by:

$translationURL = $this->translationURL.'%22'.str_replace('%22','%5C%22',$toTranslate).'%22]';
4. Find:

$toTranslate = $toTranslateTable[$i];
5. Replace by:

$toTranslate = str_replace('%22','%5C%22',$toTranslateTable[$i]);

This will be included in next release.

Please confirm it was same issue on your forum.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations by vB Enterprise Translator PRODUCER_PRODUCT_VERSION