PDA

View Full Version : Solved VBSEO Sitemap Issue - No Foreign Character URLs



Snake
14-02-11, 12:15
URLs not followed
When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL.
All the VBET URLs in my sitemap have english characters not the proper foreign characters and Google doesn't like this. For example URL in sitemap: new laptop OS--operating system does not appear computer juice (even http://www.computer-juice.com/forums/ja/f11/operating-system-missing-no-os-new-laptop-22853/)Redirects here: new laptop OS-- Operating system does not appear computer juice (http://www.computer-juice.com/forums/ja/f11/%E3%82%B7%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86%E3%83%A0%E3%81%AE%E4%B8%8D%E8%B6%B3%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%81%84%E3%82%8B%E3%82%AA%E3%83%9A%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83% 86 %E3%82%A3%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0-%E6%96%B0%E3%81%97%E3%81%84%E3%83%8E%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%91%E3%82%BD%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%81%A7%E3%82%82os%E3%81%AF%E3%80%81-22853/) How do I fix this?

kamilkurczak
14-02-11, 12:38
This is good - This is how it should work. Why? Performance.
At this moment generation of 52 times more links for threads can consume lot of time for large forums. Translation of all of those in same time could made it really, really time consuming and generate lot of queries to database.

And this is good for google - as you see, you have a 301 redirect to the page with translated url.

Google would prefer that the links were translated, but it does not bother them at all.

More here: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-integration-other-plugins/

Snake
14-02-11, 12:40
What, you're already adding 52x the links to sitemap, the server load is already increased whether you add normal or foreign characters.

You just cant do this and this is your excuse, oh and Google does mind, that is why they give me a warning and tell me to change it!

kamilkurczak
14-02-11, 13:07
This message from google is for your information. They think that you probably have a bad links in the sitemap, They think that is not good for you and you don't know nothing about that,
but you know - this links are redirected (with 301) to the good form and this is good for google and very good for your site (performance).

At this moment vBET don't support translation of url in sitemap. Please, make a new thread in FEATURES request and we will thing about this (we can make this like an option in admincp).

Also, you can not integrate vBET with sitemap - You will have in sitemaps only links of original threads. Google crawl links translated itself (but it will take longer) and you will have translated urls :)

From my site is all. If you can - you can open a new thread in the Features Request.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vBET PRODUCER_PRODUCT_VERSION