PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Device Style Assignment, and different style used by different user

basketmen
11-09-10, 16:23
It is actually about different style that used by different user, so if a style stored in vbet Full File Cache For Guests (for example green style), and other user open the forum with different style as default (for example blue style), the second user will still getting the first person style stored in the style (the green style, not the blue style)

There is one of most popular mod in vb.org Mobile Device Style Assignment (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130983)

its autodetect if user using mobile phone (not pc) for using Mobile super light skin/style (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151186), not using default

its not working since using vbet Full File Cache For Guests, because the style that stored in the files are using default style, so user using Mobile phone opening the style stored in the files too, it is usually the default style (for pc style)

that mod working again when i disable vbet Full File Cache For Guests, delete the chace, and chmod 755 again the vbet_guestcache folder

i am still trying can that mod (or different style used by different user) working, but full chace working too, so maybe make stored files chace by style too, only used by user with same style

if still not hard to understand please let me know, i will try make it more clearly

vBET
12-09-10, 13:47
Please note that in last release vBET appropriatelly works with diffetenr styles aind Guest Cache. Guest Cache adds style id to file name ant that is how we allow guests to change styles even when Guest Cache is turned on.

So first please check do you have last vBET release installed.

If yes then please make sure that your plugin will work before vBET determines which Guest Cache file should be used. This is all what is needed - your mod changes style id and thich change must be done before vBET checks it. vBET is using styleid to determine Guest Cache file in hook global_start

basketmen
12-09-10, 15:30
hi Michał

- i checked in admincp --> Product --> it is vbet 3.3.6 so its the latest

- here is some example in the vbetchace, is this already contained style id?
_showthread_php_t_8458210.html
_showthread_php_t_8808510.html
_showthread_php_t_8811110.zip
_showthread_php_t_1989110.zip

- Michał can you tell me which plugin exactly that create and read the full chace file, i will write conditional code for this mod in plugin to exclude some style from using full chace file. For example if the user using style id no.1 he/she using the full chace, but if using style id no.2 he/she not using the full chace

vBET
12-09-10, 19:56
Guest cache code is included in file /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_finctions_guestcache.php and function vbet_getGuestCacheFile determines cache file name. As you can see - style id is used at the end of file name and it is read from

$vbulletin->userinfo['styleid']

Full file cache is read by vBET in hook global_start and written in hook global_complete or global_shutdown.

basketmen
14-09-10, 13:47
Ok i already made this mod working or for other styles that you want exclude vbet, dont know if other people get this problem, but if yes you can using this solution too

Go to admincp --> Plugins & Products --> Plugin Manager

search this 3 plugins
vB Enterprise Translator
Write guest cache
vB Enterprise Translator - Flags

open and wrap they code content with this if conditional

if(STYLEID != 10)
{
//the code content
}

change 10 with your own style id number that want to exclude from using vbet and not using full chace, for example this style : Mobile super light skin/style (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151186) that using Mobile Device Style Assignment (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130983) like i use now

Nb. To know what is your style id number, go to phpmyadmin --> go to Table : Style --> you can see the number in styleid column

mario06
15-09-10, 08:03
I just unistalled the mobile device style, i lost about ** a day revenue but I don't have the time to play around and I'm not going to pay a guy 10**** per hour in doing so.

Thats why I buy "finished" products, I don't want to be a beta tester for anyone.

Your doing a good job in sharing and I highly appreciate it.

Cheers mate...

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations supported by vBET 4.10.1