PDA

View Full Version : vBET 4.2.3 and 3.3.6 Released

vBET
12-08-10, 10:45
Hi :)

Today we have 2 releases.

IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTE FOR vBET 3.3.6: During upgrade, please import product file first, and then upload files. That's all - just switch order of those 2 steps :)

vBET 3.3.6 quickly after 3.3.5 - just solving one big issue with Guest Cache (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/bug-reporting/920-showstopper-bug-full-file-cache-guests-beta.html) - so now Guest Cache is ignored for banned IPs and also in case of other errors.

Many changes in vBET 4.x. It was some time since last release, but thanks that you get already used and corrected solutions. Most important Guest cache, but there is much more. Also several bugs corrected and some optimizations. See below for details.

New:

Full file cache for guests

Not supporting CMS sections with vBSEO, but supports all other places, and whole vB when used with friendly URLs
Configurable file cache time to live
Configurable file cache time to live for less relevant pages
Configurable set of less relevant pages
Configurable set of pages ignored by full file cache for guests
Scheduled task for guest cache cleaning
Guest cache caches ZIPped output when vBulletin "GZIP HTML Output" option is turned on

Administrative tool: Cache Cleaner - allows to clean selected cache for selected languages
CSS sprite support for flags – now all flags are taken with just one request
Option to "Translate 'alt' attributes" in img tags (images description)
Option to not translate content of code HTML tag
Ignored words/sentences (supports: posts, group messages, visitor messages, picture comments, blogs, private messages)
Opaque ignored words in already existing messages (supports: posts, group messages, visitor messages, picture comments, blogs)

Optimizations:

Earlier redirects for vBSEO wrong URLs (for threads and blogs) + for friendly URLs too
Guest Cache (see details in New section)
Faster titles translation for vBSEO

Bugs corrected:

CMS blocks showing titles with langtitle and '…' in original text
Links with special characters like + or '
Cleaned not translated area in emails
Defined dir for vbseo
Crasch for vB without copyright
span breaking some layouts
Translate langtitle when answering message
Saving custom profile fields under translated page
Broken langtitle for long titles with auto 'Re:' option
Multi langtitle opaque
Meta description with " in content
Uninstall code
Parse title globally
New post redirect

Templates changed (because of CSS spite used for flags):

vbenterprisetranslator_inpost_translate
vbenterprisetranslator_inpost_translate_alreadyin
vbenterprisetranslator_flags

Kolbi
12-08-10, 10:54
Gab es Änderungen bei der Integration von vBSEO?

Bzw. muss ich die vBSEO Dateien beim Update von vBET 4.2.2 => 4.2.3 again edit?

bhanuprasad1981
12-08-10, 10:55
any conflicts of 4.2.3 guest cache with vb mod vboptimize pro ?

sergarch
12-08-10, 14:04
Hello!
There are new folders in this version as compared with previous version.
What shall I do with old folders in my forum's root?

vBET
12-08-10, 16:12
Gab es Änderungen bei der Integration von vBSEO?

Bzw. muss ich die vBSEO Dateien beim Update von vBET 4.2.2 => 4.2.3 again edit?

No. As long as you do not update vBSEO (so remove changed code) you do not have to integrate again :)

vBET
12-08-10, 16:15
any conflicts of 4.2.3 guest cache with vb mod vboptimize pro ?

We do not have any noticed conflicts. Please note that in case if you note any - you can simply disable Guest Cache and let us know about it - we will work on that in such case :)

vBET
12-08-10, 16:18
Hello!
There are new folders in this version as compared with previous version.
What shall I do with old folders in my forum's root?

Do nothing with old folders - just upload all content of upload directory. This will override old files and add new ones. Also in case if you want use Guest Cache - remember about setting appropriate privileges to cache folder - you will find all hints in description of attribute turning on Guest Cache.

Kolbi
12-08-10, 16:22
I've found a few bugs: I verscuht to clear the cache:

Warnung: require_once([path]/admincp/vbenterprisetranslator_cachecleaner.php) [functio.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/admincp2/misc.php(2067) : eval()'d code (Zeile 9)

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/admincp/vbenterprisetranslator_cachecleaner.php' (include_path='.:/opt/RZphp5/includes') in /admincp2/misc.php(2067) : eval()'d code on line 9
My admincp folder has been renamed.

Kolbi
12-08-10, 16:28
With activated host cache:

2-Wheel-Planet - Alles rund um das Tuning von ZweirädernWarnung: filemtime(): stat failed for [path]/vbet_guestcache/de/_index_php18.zip in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_guestcache.php (Zeile 53)

Warnung: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:4551) in [path]/includes/functions.php (Zeile 4935)

sarangan
12-08-10, 16:58
I get this error after have overwritten all files. Please help ASAP:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function vbet_global_start() in /home/xxx/public_html/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 25

sarangan
12-08-10, 17:00

Fatal error: Call to undefined function vbet_global_start() in /home/xxx/public_html/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 25

I'm using latest vbulletin 4 and latest version of vBet

sarangan
12-08-10, 17:07

I have fixed this problem. This is what I did:

I could not enter admin panel because of this error then I disabled all plugins define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); and went to admin panel and overwrote the product xml first and then uploaded files from upload folder.

It works :)

linuxtuts
12-08-10, 18:15
Upgraded to the Latest and Greatest vBulletin™ Version 4.0.6
Upgraded to vBET 4.2.3.

No issues found.

Using the latest vbSEO and vB Optimise.

Thanks Mates,

Lissa
12-08-10, 20:03
Since upgrading to 3.3.6 yesterday I am getting a redirect error on trying to view posts:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

I have tried clearing all cookies, I have tried various settings with the Language cookie time to live (3600 to make it larger, -1 to supposedly disable it) and nothing works...except to disable the plugin which I have for now...I would really like to get this fixed ASAP lol

I use vB3.8.6 with vbSEO

Oh and also...when I also tried cleaning out the cache I got the following errors also:

Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_lang.php on line 107

Warning: Illegal offset type in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_lang.php on line 109

Warning: Illegal offset type in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_lang.php on line 114

meto
12-08-10, 22:37
With activated host cache:

http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-bug-reporting/932-warnings-guest-cache.html#post4453

I personally would make another option to gzip cache files. I dont use gzip in php, because my www server (litespeed/nginx) takes care of it. It does the job faster and compress also static files such as css and JS. If gzip was turned on cache would be MUCH smaller.

PS.
Wypas ;)

kamilkurczak
13-08-10, 10:59
I'm using latest vbulletin 4 and latest version of vBet

try this solution: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/929-big-mess-new-post.html

kamilkurczak
13-08-10, 11:09
hello Lissa,

please, Can you write and explain your issue in good thread because here's hard to respond to all posts.

I propose Troubleshooting in vBET 3.x Plugin/Mod part of our forum

Thanks

tsak76
23-08-10, 18:35
3.3.6 Warning: require_once([path]/admincp/vbenterprisetranslator_cachecleaner.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/adminxcvv/misc.php(1933) : eval()'d code on line 9

custom admincp folder i use adminasdf0e3

vBET
24-08-10, 05:19
3.3.6 Warning: require_once([path]/admincp/vbenterprisetranslator_cachecleaner.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/adminxcvv/misc.php(1933) : eval()'d code on line 9

You didn't made full installation. Please upload ALL files from upload directory to your server. If this will not solve the issue - please open new thread for that in troubleshooting section.

basketmen
06-09-10, 04:25

i have this problem too, it is happened if your admin panel folder not /admincp/

to fix this i use this, if you can make this better please share too

go to your admin panel --> Plugins & Products --> Plugin Manager --> search for plugin "Opaque ignored words in existing messages" without quotes

inside that plugin find 2 times this

DIR. '/admincp/

replace each them with, this will give correct admin panel folder, if you not using /admincp/ folder

DIR . '/' . $vbulletin->config['Misc']['admincpdir'] . '/

basketmen
06-09-10, 04:32
Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_lang.php on line 107

Warning: Illegal offset type in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_lang.php on line 109

Warning: Illegal offset type in [path]/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_lang.php on line 114

i get this error message too after cleaning the cache from admin panel, but the Cleaning Database Cache looks like finished cleaned, still cant found how to fix it, hope this error message not big problems or nothing

vBET
06-09-10, 07:42
i get this error message too after cleaning the cache from admin panel, but the Cleaning Database Cache looks like finished cleaned, still cant found how to fix it, hope this error message not big problems or nothing

Please open new thread about it in bugs section. We will be able to manage thiss issue there. Thanks! :)

vBET
06-09-10, 07:45
i have this problem too, it is happened if your admin panel folder not /admincp/

to fix this i use this, if you can make this better please share too

go to your admin panel --> Plugins & Products --> Plugin Manager --> search for plugin "Opaque ignored words in existing messages" without quotes

inside that plugin find 2 times this

replace each them with, this will give correct admin panel folder, if you not using /admincp/ folder

Also please open new hread for this in bugs section. Previously I thought that it si only wrong installation, but I see that it happens again. Please describe in new thread how to repdoruce the issue.

kitawanita
06-09-10, 12:33
Hello,i need to buy pro installation.
Can you help me?
Technical payment?
Thx

vBET
06-09-10, 20:36
Hello,i need to buy pro installation.
Can you help me?
Technical payment?
Thx

To order installation service please go here: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/installation-service.php

Kolbi
10-09-10, 20:30
Compatible with vBulletin 3.5.2?

steve
11-09-10, 00:00

I would also like to know if it is?

basketmen
11-09-10, 00:56
there is vbseo security patch beside the new vbseo version if you dont want to upgrade the vbseo, other vbseo version are updated too with the patch

hm i feel vbseo too fast to launching new version

vBSEO 3.5.2
Release date: September 10, 2010

vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1
Release date: August 2, 2010

basketmen
11-09-10, 03:13
i decided still using vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1, only uploaded again with patched vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1 package from vbseo.com downloads area

i dont want to upgrade to vBSEO 3.5.2 and dont have time for that for now, it can be a pain to integrate new vbseo version with vbet again like the htaccess or some function can be not working, they always upgrading they version how long we always need to follow them and reintegrate with other mod like vbet, its enough for me as long the security issue is patched with vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1

CThiessen
12-09-10, 10:05
Hello, I installed vBSEO 3.5.2. The same changes for vbet as always. Everything works without problems. Christian Greeting

vBET
12-09-10, 13:22
Hello, I installed vBSEO 3.5.2. The same changes for vbet as always. Everything works without problems. Christian Greeting

Great thanks for confirmation! :)

Kolbi
12-09-10, 20:09
^^ thank you :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations made by vBET 4.10.1