PDA

View Full Version : Before buy

krwetatnt
02-07-10, 01:33
Hi there,
After i have tried Version: 2.3.1 on my test forum and i got increadable results increasing traffic from
1,000 to about 10,000 in less than 20 dayes and i decided to buy full version with installation.

forum.krwetatnt.net

Allthough the test forum is abot 250 MB but it make many probloplems to my server, what about my forum which is more than 4 GB.

krwetatnt.net/vb

so that, I'm about to move from this server
2x Xeon 5335 8x2.00GHz *** RAM

To this one

Intel Dual Quad Core E5620
24GB DDR3 RAM (Triple Channel Memory)
300 GB x 2 SAS 15,000 RPM

And my first question is it enough or not?

I watch this forum

freshwap.net/forums

and i find between 40,000 - 90,000 indexed url for each language so,how
big my database will be?

Does it translate the blog?

I have licensed vBSEO but not yet uppgrade to v 3.5 , what is your recomindation ?

Is there any special settings for serve to ask the datacenter previously?

vBET
02-07-10, 22:56
Hello. Please note that commercial version of vBET is faster than free one (optimized algorithms, cache, images...). So if you are already using free one, then your server resources will be for sure enough for paid one.

vBET supports blogs on vB4. In case of vB3.8 we are not able to fully support multilingual community because vBulletin doesn't support blog there anymore (see here for details (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/feature-requests/614-support-blogging.html)) - so writing in different languages for sure is not supported on vB3.8 blog. I'm not sure does translation is working there, but suppose it should - you can ask users (see link).

I recommend to update vBSEO to 3.5. We have confirmed that there is redirection loop issue under vBET 3.3.4 and vBSEO 3.3.2 - it solves itself after vBSEO update to 3.5

Sorry but I do not understand last question. It you are asking about cached translations then please note that it is necessary to remove free vBET version before install paid one. So old cache will be completely removed during uninstall and optimized one will be automatically created during install paid version. Cache will have to fill again, but it is cleared anyway every day from old translations so it is OK :)

If you have any other questions - please just ask. We will gladly help you :)

nic333
17-04-11, 16:59
hi Vbet,can adsense be turned off and use my own textads in commercial version,ill be buying next couple of weeks.
thanks

nic333
17-04-11, 17:06
hi Vbet,can the flags be put in the header to like in the demo,plus drop down menu

vBET
17-04-11, 19:33
hi Vbet,can adsense be turned off and use my own textads in commercial version,ill be buying next couple of weeks.
thanks

AdSense is out of vBET scope - it is up to you do you have it turned on or not. Also you can have it turned on for normal pages and put something else for translated pages - this will require simple modification of template which includes your advertisement.

vBET
17-04-11, 19:36
hi Vbet,can the flags be put in the header to like in the demo,plus drop down menu

Yes. You have separate options where to put drop down menu and flags in row. So what you see on our forum is from configuration - no need to do any changes (for standard template and templates which have standard template hooks - so in made appropriately to vBulletin).

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations supported by vBET 4.10.1