PDA

View Full Version : Solved Install keeps Failing!

tbl33
02-07-10, 01:27
I tried to install this using Firefox. The install wouldn't even start.

I switched to Internet Explorer and the mod starting installing.
It ran a bar across the top of my screen.
Then at the bottom of the browser window, a solid blue bar started shrinking from right to left. After about an hour and 20 minutes, the bar stopped moving and didn't move again.

Nothing shows up as installed in the plugin section.
No AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> vB Enterprise Translator in my options.

I am running VBulletin 4.0.4
on a 2X dual core xeon 1.60GHZ with a 1066MHz front side bus and
8 GB's of ram
73 GB SCSI 300 10,000 rpm disk

This is a very busy board with over 1.2 million posts and 150K members.

Please advise,

kamilkurczak
02-07-10, 16:02
sorry, but I do not know too much about what's going on.

everything you need to do is described in the readme.html in vBET do-not-upload folder.

1. ulpoad all files from upload folder to your forum_root folder
2. go to admincp -> plugins and products and add vBET xml file from do-not-upload folder
3. appropriate integrations described in the file readme.html

It ran a bar across the top of my screen.
Then at the bottom of the browser window, a solid blue bar started shrinking from right to left. After about an hour and 20 minutes, the bar stopped moving and didn't move again.

How do you run this instalation? Please, paste here a url to your forum.

tbl33
03-07-10, 05:26
forums.sawomatang.com

kamilkurczak
03-07-10, 14:29
We have this issue the first time. Maybe your server is very charged.
So, I suggest this solutions:

First: Try to disable your forum. Go to admincp -> settings -> options -> Turn Your vBulletin On and Off and select no.
If the forum will be disabled, try reinstalling vBET (import xml file)
After that enable your forum again.

If this does not work.
Second: Maybe conflict with other mod? You should to disable another mods and instal vBET. After that you can turn on mods again.

tbl33
03-07-10, 18:20
The forum was disabled the first time.

I have no other mods installed on there so, there are none to disable.

The forum was down for almost 1 1/2 hours while the install ran and never finished.

What is the time frame that it should take to install this on a forum with 1.2 million posts?

Does it do anything to the databases or just replace files in the forums directory?

kamilkurczak
03-07-10, 21:58
hello,

I have to check what is wrong.
So, I need access to your forum admincp and FTP. Please, send this access to me by PM. I will try to fix it.

tbl33
03-07-10, 22:14
Do you just need limited admincp access to the plugins sections or the full admin access to the entire admincp?

vBET
04-07-10, 23:17
What is the time frame that it should take to install this on a forum with 1.2 million posts?

There is no time frame - installation just takes few seconds. And number of posts have nothing to do, because translations are done when users visits your pages under translated links. Installation just adds plugins, phrases, templates and cache tables.

So please fallow Kamil's instructions - let us check what happens there. Also please note that installation is executed by vBulletin. So if we confirm that it keeps failing then most probably you will have to ask vBulletin team for support - vBET product file is correct - no error happens. So if installation just don't want to finish then probably something is wrong with your vBulletin. But first - please let us check it.

Please PM me full admin access - you can remove it after we finish. I really do not know does it will be necessary, but if he will need to check something then it will be much faster that ask again because of not enought privileges. Also please send him FTP access to we will be able to verify that vBET files were uploaded on your server.

Also you can made simple test and try to import product file for any other mod just to check will it work.

tbl33
08-07-10, 01:43
Still awaiting the opportunity to use the software to which I have already paid for. :-(

kamilkurczak
13-07-10, 13:20
I tried to log in to your admicp but I couldn't. Can your confirm the password?

vBET
20-07-10, 15:45
According to PM info which you get me I can say that you simply didn't fallow installation instructions. You didn't uploaded required files to required place. Please just read readme.html and fallow installation instructions. Also please fallow this instructions for importing product file - as you PM me you was tryig to import wrong files (for Admin CP).

Please tell does it is working when you fallow installation instructions preciselly and first upload required files to reruired directory and then import product file. Also please remember abour configuration when it will be ready.

vBET
21-07-10, 07:14
Just get confirmation by PM that installation is fine :) Sorry it took so long, but you got appropriate solution in very first answer - those instructions was ignored. We thought that you fallowed it and still had issues - that made us confused and turning around, looking for issue which doesn't really exists ;) In future please fallow installation/upgrade instructions and it will be done immediately :)

Great that, you can enjoy vBET now! :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations made by vBET 4.10.1