PDA

View Full Version : Usernames still translated

vBET
09-10-09, 18:47
There is lot of places where usernames are shown. If you found one of places where usernames are still translated - please report it here :)

nectons
10-10-09, 00:15
We have never had such a problem bytheway.gr. If you observe any course (we have version 3.8.4 PL1) mean that we know.

vBET
10-10-09, 00:28
Right now it is hard to notice - strange usernames will not be translated. But there are some areas where it is possible that usernames will be still translated. If I find such place I will work on it :)

dai-kun
07-11-09, 22:12
My usernames are being translated everywhere, who's online, posts, etc

vBET
08-11-09, 01:47
My usernames are being translated everywhere, who's online, posts, etc

I just checked this post in other language - your username is not translated here. Can you PM me exact links where your username is translated? :)

dai-kun
08-11-09, 03:13
I just checked this post in other language - your username is not translated here. Can you PM me exact links where your username is translated? :)

On my own forum which you should have access to :)

vBET
08-11-09, 04:48
On my own forum which you should have access to :)

Are you using any mod which removes comments?... :)
See this:
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/general-discussions/79-vbet-hints-best-practices-using-vbet.html#post213

If you have translated everywhere then I assume that you are using such mod.

dai-kun
08-11-09, 17:48
Hmm Sorry I don't know what "remove comments" mean. Can you explain or give an example of such a mod? We can compile a list too of mods which "remove comments".

vBET
08-11-09, 21:05
Hmm Sorry I don't know what "remove comments" mean. Can you explain or give an example of such a mod? We can compile a list too of mods which "remove comments".

vBET is using HTML comments to define which parts of your result page shouldn't be translated. It simply puts such text between:
<!--START vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->
and
<!--END vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->

So if you are using some mod which cleans HTML comments then result which comes to final vBET plugin (it is this one for global_complete hook) is without this notices and vBET is translating everything - just as it was command.

So please find the mod which is removing HTML comments and disable it or for its plugin using global_complete hook, set execution order to 1001. You will do it all by Admin CP.

If you need more hints just let me know I will gladly help you :)

dai-kun
10-11-09, 07:48
I tried disabling all global_complete hook plugin (except vBET and vBSEO of course) but it still translates.

I will have to go through each product now and disable it one by one to find the culprit.

vBET
11-11-09, 16:54
I tried disabling all global_complete hook plugin (except vBET and vBSEO of course) but it still translates.

I will have to go through each product now and disable it one by one to find the culprit.

Check vBSEO configuration if you use it. Please send here list of your plugins, perhaps some name will be recognized as guilty one.

Snake
31-08-10, 01:59
Usernames are being translated in thanks mod box under posts... computer parts Guide # 6 recommendations - please read ago posting - computer juice (http://www.computer-juice.com/forums/ja/f10/recommended-computer-parts-guide-6-please-read-before-posting-29326/)

kamilkurczak
31-08-10, 10:24
can you paste here a name of this mod? it is free or not?

Snake
31-08-10, 12:18
Sure, its a very popular mod/hack.

[AJAX] Post Thank You Hack - vBulletin.org Forum (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231666)

vBET
01-09-10, 17:30
Usernames are being translated in thanks mod box under posts... computer parts Guide # 6 recommendations - please read ago posting - computer juice (http://www.computer-juice.com/forums/ja/f10/recommended-computer-parts-guide-6-please-read-before-posting-29326/)

This is integration issue. Please note that in vBET coe will be included solutions only for native vBulletin pages/templates, but we will gladly give you hints how to integrate this mod with vBET :) To do this you have to edit template which shows usernames and opaque those in not translated area. So in details:
1. Go to Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Search in Templates, find and edit template post_thanks_box_bit
2. In template find:

{vb:raw thank.username}
3. And replace by:

<!--vBET_SNTA-->{vb:raw thank.username}
You must do this for all styles.

Snake
01-09-10, 17:46
And for vb3, seeing as this is the vb3 bug forum.... lol.

vBET
02-09-10, 23:02
Yep - but you gave us link to mod for vB4 version and we was working on exact mod you point us :) You pointed that you have issue with mod for vB4 :p ;)

For vB3 similar thing, just find and replace other text:
Find:

$thank[username]
Replace by:

<!--vBET_SNTA-->$thank[username]<!--vBET_ENTA-->

Please tell did it help :)

Smaug
27-09-10, 03:35
vBAdvanced Active users:

Template 'adv_portal_onlineusers'

<td class="$altbgclass"><span class="smallfont"><!--vBET_SNTA-->$activeusers<!--vBET_ENTA--></span></td>

Works perfectly.

Smaug
27-09-10, 03:42
Looking for someone who has de-translated their usernames for vB Tournaments and Ladders mod for vb 3.8.x.

It looks like it uses java to output the names.

NVM, I think I got it partially.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages supported by vBET Translator 4.10.1