PDA

View Full Version : Solved Title translation cut short in vBadvanced (recent topics)

mario06
25-06-10, 19:01
This is the recent topics in vbadvanced, the post was written totally in french and translated in italian but as you can see from the picture the title isn't complete and shoud be: Wii Shift 04.03

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9100/30178761.jpg

I have no letter/word limitations in vBadvanced in fact 57 lettering in titles are very common on my forum.

vBET
25-06-10, 19:06
Most probably you have set very short maximum letters for title there (if it is even configurable). So what happens it that vbadvanced cut the title so from (spaces added to avoid evaluation):
[l angtitle=fr]Wii[/l angtitle]
left only
[l angtitle=fr]W...

and vBET recognizes broken langtitle so it finished it and translate. And Google translation for french W... appears to be: W. ..

That is what most probably happens. If yes - then there is no any bug. vBET just works fine, and you just cut title to short. Please check other long titles and count to how many signs those are cut, also look for configuration of this length (or ask vBA team).

Please confirm does it is appropriate explanation and do you need our future help in this issue :)

mario06
25-06-10, 19:15
The problem is Vbet, here's anther example of vBets auto translated and a regular one:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7762/vbet.jpg

vBET
25-06-10, 22:20
The problem is Vbet, here's anther example of vBets auto translated and a regular one:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7762/vbet.jpg

Please note that [l angtitle=fr] takes 14 signs, so having [l angtitle=fr]i. .. makes it 15 characters from original title

In your title: [Guida] Free Unlock e... if not counting [Guida] (can be some prefix not title) then from title stays you 13 characters. Not sure why not 15 - maybe algorithm takes some extra for prefixes.

For me it seems like situation described before. But we can easily check it. Please:
1. Open file /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_hooks.php
2. Find:

$output =& vbet_parseTitleGlobally($output,true);
3. Comment it - so replace to:

//$output =& vbet_parseTitleGlobally($output,true);
4. Upload file to server and check your not translated page where you see it (be logged in in case of guest cache used)

Please tell how it will look then. After that undo the changes.

mario06
26-06-10, 09:49
In your title: [Guida] Free Unlock e... if not counting [Guida] (can be some prefix not title) then from title stays you 13 characters. Not sure why not 15 - maybe algorithm takes some extra for prefixes.

[Guida] is not a prefix it's part of the title which has 57 characters including spaces.

Please note that [l angtitle=fr] takes 14 signs, so having [l angtitle=fr]i. .. makes it 15 characters from original title

14 characters (bbcode)
+
10 characters including spaces (title name)
=
24 characters (total)

so the problem is in vBet

1. Open file /includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_hooks.php
2. Find:
PHP Code:
$output =& vbet_parseTitleGlobally($output,true);
3. Comment it - so replace to:
PHP Code:
//$output =& vbet_parseTitleGlobally($output,true);
4. Upload file to server and check your not translated page where you see it (be logged in in case of guest cache used)

Please tell how it will look then. After that undo the changes.

I'll have to wait until another auto translated thread appears

vBET
27-06-10, 00:14
Just made some test post, i.e. copy this one which you described at the beginning.

Please made this confirmation - we will ask you for access details, check it and solve when we will get confirmation that it is not just cut title to too short value

vBET
05-07-10, 07:12
Still waiting for confirmation :)

mario06
06-07-10, 15:52
didn't work, let's say that before i got I... now I get [l angtitle=sk]I...

vBET
07-07-10, 13:25
didn't work, let's say that before i got I... now I get [l angtitle=sk]I...

So as you see you alrady have it cut to such short. It is not vBET cause - please try it by dissabling vBET - you will get the same. The issue is because your mod cuts the title to such short...

Please confirm that with vBET dissabled it is still so short ([l angtitle=sk]I...) and also in such case please find configuration for your mod which would allow to made this cutting longer or ask staff of vBadvanced to hep you with this issue.

mario06
14-07-10, 04:12
if i simply edit the title copy/paste the the title then works so it's vbet related.

kamilkurczak
14-07-10, 13:51
Please confirm that with vBET dissabled it is still so short ([l angtitle=sk]I...)

what about this issue with vBET dissabled?

mario06
14-07-10, 16:42
works without vbet

kamilkurczak
14-07-10, 17:25
ok, I explore the problem and try to solve

mario06
16-07-10, 16:17
ok, I'm waiting.

regards

mario06
19-07-10, 14:43
still waiting thanks

vBET
20-07-10, 21:10
Hi - please take my apologies for long evaluation time. This was issue started by me and given to Kamil during my vacation time. So perhaps he was little overloaded. Right now I'm back and will work to finally close the issue :)

I think that it would be best if we just check it on your board and correct it instead of loosing more time. So please just PM me access details to your forum FTP and Admin CP. Also please give me exact URL to page where I can see this issue. If it is not visible right now - please fabricate it on some test thread - you will remove it after we correct the issue.

mario06
26-07-10, 13:34
ok, I explore the problem and try to solve

Any updates?

vBET
26-07-10, 20:15
Please just look on last answer - because we are not able to reproduce it on our servers we asked you for access details. We will chcek and correct it on place :)

mario06
05-08-10, 06:52
I'd like to fix it myself, give me some options so that I can try, when I click edit thread (I don't touch anything) then press save everything works fine meaning that it's shows right.

kamilkurczak
05-08-10, 10:53
yes, but MichaƂ wrote in earlier posts his proposals for solution. Didn't work.
We can't reproduce this issue on our test forum, so is very hard to find a good solution.
If we know where the issue is in the code, it will be easy to find a solution.

mario06
05-08-10, 14:55
Can't you give me some other solutions? I'd like to DoItMyself so that in the future I'll know what to do without bothering anyone on every update.

Like I said all I have to do to fix the error is click edit (touch nothing) then save to get the title working correctly. :)

vBET
06-08-10, 08:34
I'd like to fix it myself, give me some options so that I can try, when I click edit thread (I don't touch anything) then press save everything works fine meaning that it's shows right.

If I understand correctly - when title is broken and you made edit and save without changing anything then it is corrected? And how it looks for new thread - is is broken or OK?

Also - I'm still waiting for access details to be able to solve this issue. At this moment you hold it yourself. Please PM access details so we will be able to solve the issue and close it.

vBET
06-08-10, 08:39
Can't you give me some other solutions? I'd like to DoItMyself so that in the future I'll know what to do without bothering anyone on every update.

Like I said all I have to do to fix the error is click edit (touch nothing) then save to get the title working correctly. :)

Once again - we need access to your forum. We need first to find the cause of issue to be able to fix it. And we will look for solution which will be included in next release - so we fill find for solution which will not require any changes in each update.

At this moment we cannot give you DoItYourself solution, because we do not have solution and you are holding us for finding it. If you want to have it solved - please give us access. If you are aware about security issues, then please make temporary accounts for us, or change passwords to some temporary, or create test instance of your forum with reproduced issue.

mario06
19-08-10, 08:48
If I understand correctly - when title is broken and you made edit and save without changing anything then it is corrected? And how it looks for new thread - is is broken or OK?

Also - I'm still waiting for access details to be able to solve this issue. At this moment you hold it yourself. Please PM access details so we will be able to solve the issue and close it.

To make it work.
1. Click edit
2. Do nothing
3. Just save
= Works 100% meaning that nothing is broken!!

vBET
21-08-10, 17:30
So maybe it is already solved and what you see it is only cached bad result from previous versions. Please tell how it works for completely new thread - are results are OK then (without making this dummy edit step). If OK then I think that the issue no longer exists and we can close this issue :)

kamilkurczak
27-08-10, 16:28
no answer - so I understand that is solved. If not please write here and I will open this thread again.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1