PDA

View Full Version : Solved Any one got VBET working with nginx as proxy

bhanuprasad1981
13-06-10, 13:33
as per recommendations of vb.com i got nginx installed on server positive this is load is down from 25+ to 5 bad thing is site translations stopped working completely, i am forced to remove mod which i bought to improve my traffic :(

my site details :-

vbulletin 4.0.3 latest
vbseo 3.5.0 pre release
apache 2.2.x
latest nginx proxy to serve static content

thanks in advance :)

bhanuprasad1981
14-06-10, 18:05
never mind i got it to work, some changes made in server by my server admins :)

vBET
14-06-10, 21:00
Glad you handled this - anyway for others: Yes vBET is working with nginx (confirmed on client forum). In next release rules will be applied in package. For now use those (need to adopt to your forum directory):

location /forums/ {

rewrite ^/forums/((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ /forums/vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 last;

rewrite ^/forums/(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/ last;
rewrite ^/forums/(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/$2 last;

if (!-e $request_filename) {
rewrite ^/forums/(.*)$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php last;
}

}

if ($request_filename ~ "\.php$" ) {
rewrite ^/forums/(.*)$ /forums/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php last;
}

bhanuprasad1981
14-06-10, 21:07
is this rule for nginx as proxy ?

vBET
14-06-10, 23:01
Those are rules for nginx. I do not know is there a difference if you are using it just as proxy. As I wrote we got confirmation form one of our clients that it is running OK on nginx. Do you have any troubles with those rules?

bhanuprasad1981
15-06-10, 05:15
i think those rules are for nginx as main web server, we have nginx as proxy to apache to serve static content, previously when i hit translate i used to get gateway timeout error, my techs have fixed it:)

vBET
15-06-10, 17:25
OK so - sorry for confusion ;) and great that you handled it. Can you share your solution with others? :)

bhanuprasad1981
16-06-10, 09:27
it was nginx wait time issue , sorry i cant disclose much since it was handled by management company who just replied "it has been fixed" lol :)

Vetall
01-09-17, 08:00
Good day!

I have Nginx as proxy to Apache, these rules are not working, get error 500.

vBET
02-09-17, 10:00
Please open new thread for your issue and give there more details - which rules did you use?
Are you using booth - Nginx and Apache? If you have Apache did you try use .htaccess?

Please describe it in separate thread - this one is for other customer issue and it is already solved.
(at this moment I see translations are working well on your forum - please provide also URL to broken page)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages supported by vBET Translator 4.10.1