PDA

View Full Version : Already done Support for word esclusions!!

mario06
08-06-10, 23:12
My site is non English but I use many English technical terms that I don't want translated, can you make a word exclusion box so that I can add the words I don't want translated?

PS. The automated translations only work when I set -> Always trust Google

vBET
09-06-10, 11:34
You can use bbcode notranslate in your messages - those will point which part of text will not be translated. Please tell does this will cover your needs.

Also please note that such global exclusion can be potentially harmful:
- if made easy way can break message if excluded word is part of other word
- if made safe for first issue can take lot of performance resources

About translations of messages written in other languages - those are working as should be, just need to learn how :)
Please read carefully description of other options. Also see here:
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/general-discussions/12-how-does-works-manual-about-multi-language-support.html

It is just working as it was designed :) If you have any questions please just ask :)

mario06
09-06-10, 14:24
Since I run a technical forum and some words like orange box and/or kill tool must not be translated this has become a problem for me, for the staff members there's no problem with the manual bbcodes but what are the 143k users suppose to do?

I think that a word exclusion box is a must.

When I say orange box i don't mean the color nor article but its name, John Doe doesn't translate because it's a name and Google knows it.

As for the automated translation I figured out why it doesn't always translate, only the new users have automatic translations because they pick their language during registration but for the old users it's not so, this means no auto for them. This also must be addressed.

Last but not least, for the manual bbcode why don't you add the icon with language codes in the reply window so that it would be much easier|intuitive for n00b users to click on it picking their desired language wrap.

Regards

vBET
09-06-10, 17:14
Since I run a technical forum and some words like orange box and/or kill tool must not be translated this has become a problem for me, for the staff members there's no problem with the manual bbcodes but what are the 143k users suppose to do?

When I say orange box i don't mean the color nor article but its name, John Doe doesn't translate because it's a name and Google knows it.

We will consider some solutions for that and check it's performance impact. At the end the impact will be 0 if not used ;) Still at this moment I see several issues in this area.

As for the automated translation I figured out why it doesn't always translate, only the new users have automatic translations because they pick their language during registration but for the old users it's not so, this means no auto for them. This also must be addressed.

Please read all detection options carefully as it was suggested before. It is not like you think. Users do not have to set their default language if you use appropriate detection strategy (those with Google). vBET gives you several ways for detection and it will work as you choose it.
Also there is already solution about old users - look in Misc options for "Redirect to edit profile" :)

Last but not least, for the manual bbcode why don't you add the icon with language codes in the reply window so that it would be much easier|intuitive for n00b users to click on it picking their desired language wrap.

It is already done in little different way :) If user have set his default language to other that forum language he will see additional option in editor toolbar which will allow him to decide does this particular message is in his default language or not.
About putting there all icons - we was thinking about it, but it appears to be not needed with vBET possibility to use automatic language detection and force users to set their default language.

PS.
Please keep one issue per thread -we will be not able to manage issues if there will be 10 in one thread :)

mario06
09-06-10, 18:44
Last 2 issues resolved(my problem)!! :)

Let's say the original issue (thread title) remains.

Thank You!!

vBET
16-06-10, 20:00
Done :) Ignoring words/sentences will be added in next release (vBET 3.3.4). It will automatically opaque ignored sentences into notranslate bbcode for incoming messages. It will have no impact on areas outside messages (templates and phrases content) - for those use not translation area. Thanks that our solution will have no impact on performance during page generation. We will also create some kind of task, which will automatically opaque ignored words in all already existing messages.

mario06
17-06-10, 06:34
hope the new version comes out soon :)

vBET
18-06-10, 20:18
Already made opaque ignored words for already existing messages. Still one issue to solve - waiting for vBulletin stuff to response. If get it fast, it is possible that new release will be this weekend :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations delivered by vBET 4.10.1