PDA

View Full Version : Solved Problems with 3.1.0 just bought!

Cybershaolin
05-11-09, 05:57
Well, I just bought VBet 3.1.0 and when on Vbet Main, I cannot access anything! It's asking me to enter my license number but, there is not any button to submit the form afterwards...

My installation went smooth without any problems but I'm blocked there. I had un-installed version 2 completely before (product and files).

What do I do from there? I'd like to use it now since I just bought it!

Cybershaolin
05-11-09, 06:07
And why do I see the french flag on my previous post? I wrote my message in English, not in French! i don't get it.

My default selected language here on the forum is English but all the menus I see are in French! How come?

Edit: I wrote this message in English too but it now shoes up only in French?****** What's going on????

vBET
05-11-09, 06:10
And why do I see the french flag on my previous post? I wrote my message in English, not in French! i don't get it.

My default selected language here on the forum is English but all the menus I see are in French! How come?

It is because you told mod that it is in French :) By setting lang BBCode manually or automatically (by setting default user language).

vBET
05-11-09, 06:14
Well, I just bought VBet 3.1.0 and when on Vbet Main, I cannot access anything! It's asking me to enter my license number but, there is not any button to submit the form afterwards...

My installation went smooth without any problems but I'm blocked there. I had un-installed version 2 completely before (product and files).

What do I do from there? I'd like to use it now since I just bought it!

It is not normal. Options panel is generated by vBulletin engine - Please reload page. If happen again try to import again product file.
Also make sure that you have CURL installed on your server (if 2.x was working then it is).

In any problems - just ask and we will gladly help you :)

Cybershaolin
05-11-09, 14:44
Well, actually, I wanted to test it locally before installing it on my live forum. Locally, even if I try to refresh the page, the only info I see on th VBet Main is the license stuff. Reimporting the product did not help either.

Also, I was one of those who donated before 3.1.0 was available for download? Weren't we supposed to get a discount when 3.x would appear?

On another matter, here on your own forum, could you tell me why when my language is setup in English, I see all menus, posts, etc in French? I tried to clear cookies, cache, refreshing page but nothing helped, I'm still in French!

vBET
05-11-09, 16:10
You need access to Internet to use vBET. Otherwise it cannot work - translations are made from Google. Be sure that nothing block your access to 3rd parties. You will also suffer what you have now. Internet access is something usual for forums ;)

vBET
05-11-09, 16:15
Also, I was one of those who donated before 3.1.0 was available for download? Weren't we supposed to get a discount when 3.x would appear?

We didn't announce nothing like that :)

On another matter, here on your own forum, could you tell me why when my language is setup in English, I see all menus, posts, etc in French? I tried to clear cookies, cache, refreshing page but nothing helped, I'm still in French!

Just click English flag to go back to English language :) And check your default user language in User CP - mod wants to be smart, so when someone tells that his default language is French it will bring him back to French.

Cybershaolin
05-11-09, 18:41
You need access to Internet to use vBET. Otherwise it cannot work - translations are made from Google. Be sure that nothing block your access to 3rd parties. You will also suffer what you have now. Internet access is something usual for forums ;)

Even if I run it locally, I still have access to Internet through my local forum... but is there a way to make this work because I want to test it before going live with it... There is nothing that blocks the forum. Why are you adding that part about suffering with what I have now and that Internet is common for forums? Do you think it's not fair to try testing before risking stuff on a live forum before? And yes, 2.x was running fine before.

We didn't announce nothing like that :)

Well, taken directly from your post #720 on vbulletin.org:

That's why - anyone who donated me in this project till this moment, will get 1 free usage license and 1 free credit link removal license for 3.0.0 :)

This is some kind of discount... but you did not offer this to me yet... So how can I get a one more free usage license and a removal of the license?

Just click English flag to go back to English language :) And check your default user language in User CP - mod wants to be smart, so when someone tells that his default language is French it will bring him back to French.
I found why. It was adding /fr at the end instead of just http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/

vBET
05-11-09, 19:38
Even if I run it locally, I still have access to Internet through my local forum... but is there a way to make this work because I want to test it before going live with it... There is nothing that blocks the forum. Why are you adding that part about suffering with what I have now and that Internet is common for forums? Do you think it's not fair to try testing before risking stuff on a live forum before? And yes, 2.x was running fine before.

Just because Internet connection is necessary for this mod to run :)
About testing please make test forum not available for public view.

This is some kind of discount... but you did not offer this to me yet... So how can I get a one more free usage license and a removal of the license?

It is simple - because you do not meet described condition. Look on message date :)

I found why. It was adding /fr at the end instead of just vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/)

I'm glad you resolved this one.

Do you still have the issue with installation? If yes please PM me access to your Admin CP and FTP I will check it :)

Cybershaolin
06-11-09, 00:07
Just because Internet connection is necessary for this mod to run :)
About testing please make test forum not available for public view.

Testing a forum locally means by itself that it's not show to anybody!

As I said, I'm not able to see options on vBet Main in my admincp when testing it on my local forum. About putting your hack on my Live forum, well I don't know anymore what I'm gonna do with this since I did not really appreciate the kind of answers you gave me here.

vBET
06-11-09, 00:51
Testing a forum locally means by itself that it's not show to anybody!

That is great :)

As I said, I'm not able to see options on vBet Main in my admincp when testing it on my local forum. About putting your hack on my Live forum, well I don't know anymore what I'm gonna do with this since I did not really appreciate the kind of answers you gave me here.

Once again the answer is - I will handle this. Please PM me all the details and you do not have to set it on your real forum before just PM me access details to your test board :)
I'm sorry you do not appreciate the answer that I will help you In this way. Unfortunately I do not know what is the reason of this issue and I do need access to be able to investigate it for you and solve it for you. Sorry for troubles and waiting for PM with details.

Without possibility to check it, our only advice for now is again - make sure that you have access to Internet. And by you I mean your server. I know that your computer has access, but it seems like your server is blocked to communicate with outside word. Other reason can be that you do not have installed CURL php library. I cannot tell nothing more without possibility to check it out.

Cybershaolin
06-11-09, 05:39
lol This is not possible to log in a local forum (like using easyphp, xampp or whatever, with local IP's) i.e:

hxxp://127.0.0.1/forum/index.php (http://127.0.0.1/forum/index.php).). You should know about that. But anyway, forget about it. I don't need it anymore.

I got my answers about other stuff so, nevermind.

vBET
06-11-09, 07:37
lol This is not possible to log in a local forum (like using easyphp, xampp or whatever, with local IP's) i.e:

hxxp://127.0.0.1/forum/index.php (http://127.0.0.1/forum/index.php).). You should know about that. But anyway, forget about it. I don't need it anymore.

I got my answers about other stuff so, nevermind.

It is if you have your own IP in WAN (not only LAN). 127.0.0.1 it is same as localhost and it means that you want to connect with actual machine. But you still have your own IP address. And even if it is only in local network, you can still set your test forum on same machine where you have real forum. According to vBulletin license you have right to set such forum in testvb directory, but it must not be available for public view.

In case in any future issues just write. We are here to help you :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations by vBET translator 4.10.1